[Chapter 17 – Inside the nest]
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was silently watching the entrance of the cave and as during my first inspection, there were two guards doing watch.

With the cover of the night I decided to attract them to me using my colourful tendrils.

I hoped for only one to initially come, but even if both followed me was still fine.

The problem was if they cautiously called for more lizards to come.

In case of danger I could eventually flee, but then the nest would be on an alerted state.

Negating my chances in case I would try again tomorrow.

I oscillated up and down my luminescent tendrils, pumping them with nano-energy.

As they grew longer in my last stage advancement, I could easily cover my body in the taller grass.

Even more the lizards had their attentions picked by the dazzling show of light I was making.

I had to be extra careful in this case, thus I started to slowly increase my speed.

In fact I had seen them vigorously flicking their tongues, trying to detect me.

I tried to mask the stench of blood of the other lizards by rolling on the ground.

But still I don't think I could completely erase it.

As they saw me they tried to follow, clearly trying to identify this familiar smell I was emanating.

Then after a few minutes they seemed to have understood.

As they abruptly stopped, in their eyes I could sense clearly hatred but a hint of fear too.

The blood of their brethren I emanated was of at least three different lizards.

But for them it wasn't such a rare occasion, their strength rely clearly in their numbers.

Thus they were just a bit startled. What they had to do was to run back at their nest and alert everyone.

Probably the leader of the nest doesn't go out often. Consequentially trying to get revenge on strong beasts isn't very optimal.

As by doing so they would bear heavy casualties every time.

Thus the lizard I let go of previously probably had just warned not to hunt in my direction.

Anyway for the guards was too late to turn around and flee.

I had already started to run, and now I prepared my legs to leap and assault one of the two guards.

We made quite a distance from the nest, but I had to be quickly or they would notice that the guards were missing.

Pumping nano-energy on to my tendrils I shaped their heads into a pointed form.

As I landed over its back they penetrated on the neck of the lizard, penetrating it thanks to my momentum.

GROWL

Blood started to gush of the beast. But while it was about to fight back I quickly extracted the tendrils that penetrated on the neck.

Then empowering my tail I chopped its head of in a single sweep, hitting it on the zone weakened by the tendril.

The other lizard stunned by the death of its companion, didn't notice my tendrils slowly creeping towards its legs.

Then I rapidly coiled them and squeezed hard on the legs of the lizard.

A creepy smile bloomed on my face, as the powerless foe saw my bloodied tail sharply raising near its mouth.

I then quickly opened its jaw with my claws.

Doing so I had to extend my tendrils and the mouth of the beast was quite strong, even for my new advancement.

Maybe on the long run it would have won, but soon after my tail enter its mouth and then pierced its skull.

I hurriedly placed the two corpses in my space and proceeded towards the nest.

The cave was completely dark, but thanks to my senses I could clearly perceive my surroundings.

It was slowly pending downwards, it clearly was the lair of these lizards as I silently passed some of their chambers.

I estimated it have at least twenty lizards inside.

But I clearly wanted to sneak onto the leader first, maybe the beast had even some equipment of other hunters it killed.

As I sensed a patrol of two guards coming in my direction, I silently climbed over the roof of the cave with the help of my tendrils.

I knew that I couldn't do any sounds that could startle them.

But at the same time I couldn't let them perceive my smell. As such I boldly increased my pace.

Passing over their heads I perceived one of them looking up towards the roof.

Probably they had some night vision, even if not perfect they could clearly distinguish other figures in the dark.

Too bad I was already far ahead, it couldn't see me anymore.

Yes flick your tongue as much as you want.

After five minutes that I returned to run on the floor, the cave abruptly ended in the largest room I had seen until now.

Without a doubt this is the leader's room.

On the right part of the room there was a big pile of bones and even some objects, like rusty sword and daggers.

While on the left I sensed an almost four meters tall behemoth, it was currently sleeping.

Near it where resting two smaller lizards, they clearly weren't adapt for combat as their physique was clearly too frail.

I'm starting to guess what type of life this guy is doing everyday.

Nonetheless the huge cleaver on its side was telling me that he won't be such an easy opponent.

I silently walked over the roof of the room, getting closer and closer to the big lizard.

Then I charged to the brim my tail and tendrils, to finally leap forward in the direction of the beast.

GRROOWWL

Fuck! You sure had to scream like that, aren't you a honourable lizard?

Calling for reinforcements huh?!

Maybe it howled in pain too, since I pierced both its eyes my tendrils and I penetrated it from under its mandible with my tail.

The big head of the lizard was slowly starting to become a bloody mess, as I ravaged it even more.

Starting to get panicked it stoop up and hurriedly picked up its black cleaver.

Seeing this I detached myself form its head, unfortunately my tail couldn't pierce its thick skull.

The lizard started to swing madly, as I blinded him previously. Needless to say but the two female lizards run over to the pile of bones on the other side of the room.

The big guy already started to make a ruckus, I didn't want them to go around and wake up every lizard.

As such, until they stay here quietly I won't rush to kill them.

I then stealthily went behind the crazed lizard and quickly planted my feet on the ground, then I coiled my tendrils around its legs.

He really went berserk here, if it had a clear head it would at least flick its tongue to find me.

Indeed, it seems like his lizard haven't fought a real battle for quite a while.

Then I hurriedly infused my legs and pulled the legs of the beast.

BOOM

It fell down, a few of my tendrils had become munched meat, as I couldn't make them unwrap in time.

I had to cut them with my tail, as I wasn't sure if they could regrow back if completely tore off.

The big lizard started to bleed from cuts all over its body, taking advantage of its panicked state I jumped over its head.

Then I started to much over it, while changing the tip of my tendrils in small shields to parry the furious claws of the beast.

Even if reinforce with nano-energy my tendrils started to bleed, I had to hurry since soon other lizard would rush here.

My blue teeth started to madly ravage on the hard scales of the lizard, acid saliva falling all over it.

It's time, my razor sharp tail started to intensively glow, as it impaled to big skull of the lizard.

GROWWLLL

Before dying it screamed out loud, searching for help from its brethren.

Thus in a matter of seconds three bulky lizard guards arrived on the scene, looking intensively on their dead leader.

While they were still shaken I had already climbed over the roof once again, blending myself with the darkness.

Obviously I had stopped the flow of nano-energy on my tendrils to make their intense glow stop.

One of the guards scrolled his shock off and realised the culprit had already escaped.

Then it avidly flicked its tongue, trying to follow the traces left by the invader.

Unfortunately this very trail ended up just over its had, but it couldn't verify its discovery as my tendrils already lacerated its eyes.

In fact newly pulsating with nano-energy, they pierced its eyes and neck.

The lizard started to madly twist and stretch my tendrils.

But as they severely weakened the defence of its neck, my blue glowing tail concluded the deed.

In a simile way I approached the second lizard and as well decapitated it.

The third lizard analysed the situation, its two companions died relatively too quickly.

It alone would die even more rapidly by fighting with me alone, it had to warn the others and come to me all together.

Indeed a very simple and effective plan, but with the premise that it could escape from here alive.

As it positioned itself to sprint out of the room I violently slashed my tail at its head.

CLANG

I clearly could directly lacerate it, but the blunt hit over its skull probably greatly confused its senses and certainly pained it too,

Maybe if it was praying attention over to my actions it could have dodged it or parried with its tail. But the beast was already giving me its back, making itself vulnerable.

Then I propelled myself towards its head, munching and tearing apart its hard scales.

Then I quickly impaled it with my tail. Indeed, I had to hurry, I already sensed panicked legs running through the tunnel.

I think It's time for me to get out of here.

My tendrils were starting to hurt from the scratches, bleeding purple.

But even more my body was starting to get tired, since all my action were powerful bursts I rapidly depleted my stamina.

Before anything else I quickly put the bodies inside my space, or at least I tried to.

As one of the legs of the last lizard I killed couldn't stay inside.

Thus I started to munch and cut with my tail, separating the leg. Then I put the rest of the body inside, grabbing the leg with my tendrils.

I climbed over the roof, silently I climbed over the roof and waited for the lizards to come.

Another batch of three lizards arrived, I'm starting to think that they formed teams to hunt and thus maintained them even now.

They probably had better affinity with their usual companions.

Unfortunately I can't stay here much longer, as even more teams are about to come.

Seeing their viscid tongues flicking through the hair, I threw the leg over the other part of the room.

Alerted by the sudden sound two of them rushed over to the leg, the remaining one still standing at the entrance.

I indeed hoped even for this one hurry to the leg, but the guy seemed a bit smarter than the average.

At this point I didn't have much choice. It was a matter of seconds until it would find me, I had to go far a direct approach.

I suddenly infused my tendrils again, pushing them to the limit. The sudden show of light startled the lizards.

Soon after I started a mad race over the roof of the cave, towards its exit.

1