Bonus chapter: Literature of the kingdom Chapter 1
804 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is purley optional and contribites nothing to the story, at least not yet but no need to worry it won't be important, I simply did it out of fun and thought it would be a nice little treat for you as a sorta appolgy for my horrendous upload scedual. As such i present to you 5 pieces of fictional literature I came up with over the last coule of hours, written in a fictional kingdom I created as a setting for my stupid idea of a story I had swimming in my mind for months.

You may blame me taking a creative writing class this semester for this.

I hope you have a great Day, Afternoon, Evening or Night and I hope to see you again.

Signed NoraNali

 None of the names are meant to represent any real people, dead or alive.

 

Awake

Oh beautiful world, so bright You can shine

The smell of Green, as old as time.

Oh beautiful word, so light You can feel

The free spirits roam Ye with ease.

Oh beautiful world, how terrible You are

Till I awake at the nights end.

Written by Marcus Faringhart in 1245.

 

The Sky

The Sky, how I long to be free.

Free as it's clouds and breeze- never chained, never pained.

On the world below, only there is no way

Walls suround us, monsters feed on us

And as the horses ride

The soliders fight

We ask, again and again

To be free as the Sky.

Written by Marcus Faringhart in 1248, one year after the southland invasions.

 

A Childrens Rhyme

Children, Children never let it see again. It stalks in the night, it feeds on your crimes.

Children, Children never let it speak again. It calls it self by a name, it says it causes no pain.

Children, Children never let it hear again. It laughs as you cry, it dances as you die.

Children, Children beware the monster in the dark, beaware the blond haired murderer, that calls it self a friend.

Author unknown, first appeared in written record around 1251.

 

[...] "How can I, live in in this plight, oh gods tell me please. Have I not worked in your name? fought in your name? Killed and destroyed, in your name?" [...] "Why won't the world listen to me, to my woes, I have rid the world of evil, I stole from the thives, I killed the murderers, so why am I alone now, have I not done the right thing to rid the world of evil?"

Excerpt from the play "The Evil", written by Whilliam Beckster in 1233, first performed in 1255.

 

The Bright Star

The Bright Star has come, to light up the darkest days

He came from unknown lands, not even he knows where it lays

He gave our hearts his light, our mind filled with delight

As he fought the evil, taking root in our old knight

He fought the beast in the night, rid us of the blond haired blight

And shattered the God-shattering Star, that tried to take away our light.

 

It was the Bright Star, the holiest of them all, that stopped the evil

And gave us the peace for endless times.

Written by "Tilly", real name is unknown, in 1267.

 

11