Chapter 6
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Link: Patreon

Louisa successfully passed the two tests.  She could hardly believe that she could pass the tests.  However, among the three trials, the Magical Test was the one to worry about the most.  How could she be able to release an energy ball, while all her life she was used to picking fruit.  Even so, Louisa still has to get through it.  Will it or not, she still cannot return to the human world without Ryos, also because of the demons who hunt her.  Louisa thought her chances of qualifying were less than zero percent.  She needed a miracle to pass the Magical Test.

At that time the participants had gathered in the field again.  Their numbers are decreasing, because there are two groups that failed to pass the Truth Test. 

Before the Magic Trials begin.  The participants lined up in three rows.  They will be called in turn to enter the room containing the magical beasts.  It's only been fifteen minutes running, 3 people have failed, and only 1 has succeeded.  It was Zetsy, who as soon as he left the room was greeted by a standing ovation from the other participants.

"You're great, Zet!"  Nirel exclaimed, pleased that her best friend had just passed the Magical Test.  "I don't know if I can be like you," she said quietly.

 "Hey! You're usually always optimistic! You should be sure you can pass!"  said Zetsy.

"But—"

"You can do it, Nir!"  interrupted Gris.

The three of them had been close friends before taking the entrance exam.  No wonder they support each other.

"Nirel Xynear please enter room number three!"  The guide shouted, calling.

"Oh my! My turn has come!"  Panic was seen in Nirel's expression.

"Don't worry, Nir. You'll be able to finish it faster than I can," said Zetsy.

"You are the best among us!"  said Gris.

Nirel nodded, then walked away.  As she passed Louisa, she glanced up.  "Pray for me."

"Sure, Nir."

Seeing Louisa talking to Nirel, Pid immediately asked, "You know her?"

"Yeah. You forgot that I'm part of the Truth Trial with Nirel?"  Louisa asked back.

"I was too anxious about the Truth Test at the time, so I don't remember anything else," Pid said.

"Hmm ..., you like Nirel, don't you?"  asked Reana, smiling.

“N-no .…” Despite rebutting, Pid's face was flushed red.

Time passed, one after another had passed the Magical Test.  Sinest, Nirel, Pid, Gris, Reana successfully passed the exam.  Now only Louisa is still waiting for her turn.

"Lou, don't worry. The magical beast isn't as scary as it seems."  Reana said.

"That's right, Lou."

They're trying to cheer Lori up.

Maybe if I could be a little magical, I wouldn't be this anxious, Louisa thought.

Sinest, who knew the origin of Louisa's dimension, approached her.  "Lou, come here. I want to talk to you."

"Yes."

Both of them stay away from the other friends.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I won't say much. However, take my word. Remember the people you care about, and are most precious to you, that is the key to all magic."

His words were just like Snow said, Louisa said, to herself.  "Thank you. But why did you tell me?"

Sinest smiled faintly.  "Because only you will be able to match me," he replied, then walked away.

Louisa didn't understand the meaning of his words.  However, she didn't have time to think about it.  Moreover, just now her name was called by the guide of the Magical Test.  Louisa walked to room number one.  Her steps were heavy.  Her anxiety is like an iron chain that shackles her feet.  Finally she arrived at the door of the room guarded by a guard.

"Ready?"

Louisa nodded doubtfully.  "Ready."

The guard opened the metal door, and let Louisa in.  The room was so dark that Louisa couldn't see anything.  She ventured into the room.  As soon as the door was closed, lights flashed in every corner of the room.  Then the figure of the magical animal that inhabits the room appears.

"Oh, God!"  Louisa shrieked at the terrifying appearance of the creature before her.

The magical beast is a three-headed dog.  Its body size is ten times larger than the size of most dogs.  From his mouth, sticking out monstrous pointed fangs.  Even though its fur is white with brown spots, it still looks scary.  Moreover, he stared intently at Louisa.

"Calm down good dog ..., calm down—aaaarh!"  Louisa screamed, as the dog suddenly ran towards her.  Luckily, she reacted quickly so she was spared the attack.

The three-headed dog turned around to face Louisa.  He looked angry, because his attack was dodged.  

"You're the second person who ... grrr... was able to dodge my ... grrr ... attacks. But not this time!"  The dog's midsection head stuck out like rubber, and lunged at Louisa.  She didn't expect the attack, so it crashed into the wall. Louisa grimaced in pain.  She tried to think clearly.  

Remember the people you love, remember the people who are most precious to you, Louisa thought repeating the words of Reyl and Sinest.

While trying to imagine the person most precious to her, the attack came again.  This time the three heads shot fast.  Luckily she was able to dodge.  However, the failure fueled the three-headed dog's anger even more. Her friends worried.  They watched the fight from the magical screen.

"Why hasn't Louisa cast magic yet?"  asked Nirel, panicked.

"Perhaps he still has the energy for that one strike that ends the fight."  Gris thinks.

Zetsy nodded.  "I think she put all her strength into one attack later."

"I hope so," said Reana.

Pid, who had been silent all this time, said, "I don't think so."

"If not then what?"

Pid was silent for a moment, digging into his memory of the first time he met Louisa.  "I met her when she fell from the dimension room. She said that she didn't master magic."

"Yeah, I remember too. During the Truth Test, she didn't emit any magic at all."  Nirel replied.

"So you're saying Louisa can't be magical?"  asked Reana.

"That's right. Not only that, she may not be from our world. Remember, the first time I met her," said Pid.

"It's terrible! If it's true that she is not from these world, I'm afraid she has bad intentions," said Dris.

Sinest, who had been listening to their conversation, felt compelled to explain what she knew.  "Don't think badly of her. How could she have bad intentions if she doesn't master magic?! You know, Louisa is part of our world, but since childhood she has lived in the human world."  Sinest's explanation made them gasp.

"How do you know?"  Zetsy asked.

"My parents are friends of Ryos, her adoptive father. It was from them that I learned about her. They also told me, if I meet her, I must help her ... not ... not just me. But all of Spirit Land. Including you, Guys," said Sinest.

"What do you mean? I have absolutely no idea."  Pid said.

"Louisa, not the name her birth parents gave her. Her real name is Ciara Reef. Maya Reef's only daughter, as well as the child who was prophesied to become the greatest Guardian Master of all time. But remember, don't tell her about this. She will know when the time comes."

It's amazing how surprised Louisa's friends are after hearing all that.  They never thought that the friend they had just met, was Spirit Land's hope to face the demons.

To be continue

1