Chapter 8
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Link: Patreon

Louisa had been lying in the Infirmary for two hours. During that time, the magical nurse went back and forth and took care of her. The situation is better now. Only the bruises she still felt. However, Louisa has often found such wounds when picking fruit in the forest. It is not uncommon for minor accidents to occur. Even small animals often sting her. So a wound like that doesn't bother Louisa too much.

Looking up at the ceiling, Louisa sighed. Boredom hung, but she was not allowed to leave the Infirmary, and was asked to patiently await Madam Viltz's decision. When boredom creeps in, faintly heard the steps of several people into the room. Shortly after, Madam Flock, Windell, and a man entered the room. They approached Louisa.

Madam Viltz smiled kindly. "I heard a report from the magical nurse that you're feeling better, Louisa. Really?"

Louisa nodded. "That's right, madam. I beg you, please allow me to exit the Infirmary."

"Of course you can, as long as the results are good," answered Madam Viltz, then turned to the man beside her. "Seiro, can you check?"

"All right, madam."

Seiro's hand glowed white, then he aimed it near Louisa's wounds. For a few minutes he examined Louisa. Louisa hoped that the results of the examination would be good, so that she would be allowed outside.

Seiro finished his examination, then turned to Madam Viltz. "She's gotten a lot better, though she hasn't fully recovered yet. But she can come out."

Madam Viltz smiled. "You heard, right?! I'll be waiting in the Hall. The Beast Matchmaking is held there."

The news made Louisa smile widely. "Thank you, Madam!"

"It's my duty, Lou," she replied, then left the room, followed by Windell and Seiro.

Ah, I can't wait to see friends, she thought, rushing towards the Hall. Even though Louisa had just met them, it seemed like they had been friends for a long time. Their support during the exam means a lot to her.

Arriving there, Louisa saw all the students had gathered. They were officially Ethrall Academy students. However, there is only one thing they need to go through, namely status validation, through the Beast Matchmaking event. Louisa's presence, inevitably attracted the attention of the people there. In just an instant, she had become a popular figure.

"Louisa! Thank goodness!" exclaimed Reana, unable to hide her excitement.

"How are you, Lou?" Nirel asked.

"As you can see. I'm fine," Louisa replied, smiling widely.

Her friends swarmed. Except for Sinest, but a faint smile appeared on his lips when he saw Louisa coming.

"Attention all new students! Please calm down!" Mertaz exclaimed, then continued, "Congratulations to all of you for passing the exam and becoming a part of Spherone Academy. However, all is not complete without status validation, namely through Beast Matchmaking!"

The students cheered. There was no telling how they felt after being declared a student of Ethrall Academy. Mertaz continued, "Before you there are master who will choose who will be their Master. For those who are named, please come forward!"

Among the beast, there is one magical animal that Louisa is familiar with.

That's Ted. Soon, he would get a new Master. Hopefully the new Master is a good person, like dad... mmm, but where's Snow? Louisa thought, looking around. However, Reyl was nowhere to be seen. Louisa looks sad, I thought you came, Snow.

Time passed, one by one the students had obtained beast. Now it was Nirel's turn. She also stood before the beast who weighed his suitability.

The beast in front of me looks great, and strong ... but .... Nirel glanced at Loof, I hope to be paired with the little squirrel.

Nirel's wish comes true, Loof chooses her as Master. “With me."

"Loof has chosen Nirel as Beast Master!" Mertaz exclaimed. As soon as Loof's name was called, everyone whispered. Naturally, because Loof was known as Ryoss' beast, one of Spirit Shields.

"I'm so glad you chose me!" Nirel shouted with joy, as she hugged Loof.

"Ted," Louisa called. Loof turned his head, hearing the name called. "Nirel is a good girl. You'll be happy with him."

"I know, Lou ... I know," At first glance his longing for Ryos seemed.

"You two know each other?" asked Nirel.

"Erm... that's—"

Oh yeah, Loof used to be Ryos's beast, Lori's adoptive father. Of course they know each other, Nirel thought. "Forget it, Lou."

After Nirel, Gris next is paired with Gom, a giant tortoise who has earth magic. Zetsy chosen by Rals, a fox with telekinesis powers. Pid with Natz, an electric cat. And Reana with the magical bunny of super speed.

Of the seven best friends, only two do not yet have a beast. However, Sinest would soon have one, as his name had just been called. Sinest stood before the beast. Sinest's talent should be up for grabs by the beast. But not. Because they realized, someone like him only deserved to be side by side with a special beast.

"Only he deserves me. Anyone mind?" said Vreal, a black female wolf with water magic. Vreal is one of the eight legendary magical beasts. Her abilities are extraordinary, but she is known to be arrogant. "Okay, no one seems to mind."

Time passed, all the students were in pairs. Only Louisa hasn't got it yet.

"Louisa Marell!" call Mertaz.

Louisa stepped in front of the three remaining beast. None of them volunteered, they didn't even seem interested. Half an hour passed, but still no one chose Louisa. The audience whispered to each other. They were surprised that, even though her had great potential, ironically none of the beasts wanted her.

Seeing that things remained as they were, Madam Viltz came forward to make up her mind. "According to Spherone Academy regulations, if no beast wishes to partner with a student, the student's status will be revoked, and cannot attend Academy—"

"I want to." A white wolf appeared from behind the crowd of beast. "I am her partner."

"Snow!" Louisa exclaimed, both pleased and relieved to see Reyl's presence.

Reyl looked at Louisa with a shady look. "Sorry, I'm late, Lou."

The incident immediately became the talk of the audience. That's why Reyl is the strongest legendary beast ever.

Seeing this, Madam Viltz smiled. "Louisa is paired with Reyl!"

The whole room applauded, and a low boisterous voice filled the room. However, there was one magical animal that was not happy. "Tch... what's so great about that kid?! You're way better than him, Sinest," said Vreal.

To be continue

1