How it happened?
80 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How I came to the new world

It was a bright and sunny day, Despa didn't notice anything weird as he heads towards his workplace, everything looked the same such as the flow of the traffic, the amount of the pedestrians and the stressful transportation of all the passengers he's with. 

"I wonder if I'll make it in time..." Despa groaned as he look at the time on his watch, "8:10" said the clock. He looked at his watch in reverence as he ignores the constant chatting and screeching noises of tires. This has been Despa's routine for the past month after he landed a job at a call center company. Wake up early, prepare stuff, go to work on time, work, go home and repeat.

Sickening? Not really for this has been done by the past generations that came before Despa. Just what would his ancestors say if they spotted him lazing around or maybe what will be his parent's opinion of him? This plagued Despa's mind so he resolved himself to work tirelessly following the same route over and over again.

Luckily there was something that helps Despa relieve the boredom of this mundane life and that was reading stories. Each book he read is like a new world, he feels like he's being transmigrated into that world and experience the events that the main character ventures thus giving him joy and escape, he was satisfied with that too! Even know he even look stupid as he smile while staring at his phone reading a comedic scene about a guy kow towing to his mother because of his chuunibyou personality. 

Another story done, Thank you very much, His stop finally arrived and now is the time to work, he took another glance at his clock. "8:55"

"Barely..." He sighed, Tardiness is not a good sigh especially if you're new to the company. In their orientation the speaker emphasize the newcomers about the importance of attendance and how one absent is enough to terminate you, a strict rule but it was needed in order to prove yourself as competent. 

"Good morning!" Said his coworker

"Good morning!" He replied with the same courtesy, a common scene plays out as he setups on his computer. His work was actually simple, he just need to wait for angry and troubled customers to call and then solve their problems as best as he can thus communication is needed.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Thanks you for calling X department, how may I help you today?"

"Yeah well, I actually have a problem here..."

The man told Despa about his problem at the same time a familiar scene played inside his head, its about the steps he needs to take in order to resolve a problem. It's actually quite simple, all you need to do, is listen and comprehend what the man is saying since most of the problems have similar traits to the common issues that all customers experience and if it's something he's unsure, one could always ask for guidance for going in blind is but a fools action.

"Understood, No worries I can definitely help you" Following all the rules he familiarized himself with, he gave out a plain and simple solution that he gathered based on the customer's response.

"Oh.... It worked! Thank you so much!"

"No problem sir, is there anything else I can help you with?"

"None at all but I do have one suggestion for you if you don't mind?"

"Sure sir, I'll gladly listen."

"You kinda sound a bit lifeless, just my suggestion though maybe try sounding a little bit happier?"

"Ahahah.."

All Despa could do is a dry laugh, Due to his approach he comes across as cold, emotionless and stiff. What the hell do you want from me? He screamed in his head.

"But don't worry it will come in time as long as you do you job okay?"

"Yes sir, thank you for your suggestion I'll definitely keep it in mind"

In a polite note, Despa ended his last call for his shift. He looked at his watch, "4:55" another 5 minutes and his shift is finally over. Storing his equipment to his locker, a coworker bid him farewell and thus another monotonous day has ended.

The next day, Despa was travelling to his work while reading something on his phone, the latest chapter from a novel he follows was finally released. Excitement gathered on his eyes as he was enthralled, Finally I'll reach the conclusion of this arc! Unaware of the fact the he already missed his stop. Minutes passed and Despa finally realized the grave mistake that he have done, Shit! Panicking he quickly went down and looked for a transportation going to the opposite way.

It all happen to us, there will always be one time wherein we're so absorbed about something that we just simply forget what we're currently doing, and so Despa became a victim of it, perhaps even the driver fell victim as he accidentally rushed over Despa's panicking figure since he was busy watching something on his phone. It always happens for accidents are not avoidable but they happen for a reason.

 

1