CHAPTER 2 “Distant but still valid memories.”
841 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I met Saya Kato at the university.

She was a person called a "magnet person."

Wherever she was you could see her surrounded by people who liked her and on her side, Saya appreciated them.

At that time I was someone to put it elegantly "relaxed."

Or also "a person without dreams."

All I was thinking about was finishing the university and getting a job to support my own expenses.

Nothing beyond that.

Maybe it was fate or some kind of playful god that made an unexpected encounter between the two of us.

While I was in the library looking for a book related to some subject that I can no longer remember, I found her.

I found Saya sitting and leaning on one of the shelves.

She was reading a book, but what could stand out the most was the tears that fell from her sad face.

I don't know why someone with my way of being did not move away from there.

I don't know why I didn't just turn around and leave the library.

I just know that I don't regret what I did next.

 

(-"Why are you crying?")

 

It was a simple phrase of mine that would change my life and my way of seeing things.

 

(- "I ... it's a very sad story I'm reading")

 

It was an answer combined with a small smile that I received.

 

(- "It is that in history he was left alone after her death and died of old age thinking about her until his last day, isn't it sad to make the person you love most suffer because of your death? I ... I think that I just couldn't bear to cause so much harm to the person I love the most. ”)

 

It was the explanation for the small tears that flowed from her tear ducts.

Maybe at the time, her answer seemed silly to me, but my mouth just blurted out words from somewhere else.

 

(- "If he could die keeping in his mind the memory of the person he loves the most, I think he was happy").

 

That was what came out of my body for the first time, from some other place in my brain… it was the words that came out of my heart.

 

(- "I see ... I think seeing it that way seems quite beautiful. Thank you...")

 

A little thank you laid the foundation for a new relationship.

...

Every day after school I would find myself visiting the library, and every day I would find her waiting for me sitting in the place where we met.

 

(- "Ishida-kun have plans after finishing university?")

 

(- "There is a company that I want to enter, that is why I entered this university, but there is nothing else.")

 

(- "What!? Don't you have any other plan? Maybe go to a country?, Get married? Have children? think big!")

 

(- "Do you have plans after university Kato-san?")

 

(- "Of course I do! Listen, I want to get married and move to an apartment with my husband, I also want to work as a preschool teacher, and also I want to have a daughter or son, I really wouldn't mind whatever it was I would love with all my heart, I would also like to visit the beach with my family or maybe go to the sea, I have thousands of things I would like to do. ")

 

Saya was different from me, while my day was slow, hers was going twice as fast. That joy and positivity were what made her loved in the first place.

Although she was loved by women ... she too was loved by men.

I never thought of having a relationship with her in the first place, we are both very different, she is the sun that illuminates everyone while I am perhaps the cold night. We are different in mind and attitude, seeing her from the side is probably the best thing I can get to in my life.

But I'm glad… I'm glad that a bit of Saya's presence has stayed in my life.

It's all I can settle for ...

Or so I thought ...

One day while I was going to the library, as usual, I thought about how I would go to the same place as always and talk about various topics with Saya, but that day there was something strange, Saya was not alone, she was talking with another man.

He was a boy named Takashi Endo, he was a different boy from me.

He was a pretty good footballer, plus he had a good appearance and was friendly with people.

That was someone who could balance Saya.

 

("They would look good together")

 

It's all I used to think ...

After Endo-san left I waited for a few minutes to arrive with Saya.

When I got to the place Saya had a somewhat lost look, I thought about asking her but I kept my words.

 

(- "Kazuya-kun, do you know Endo-san the boy from the football club?")

 

(- "Yes, what happens to him?")

 

Saya seemed to want to keep the words but she still continued.

 

(- "He just asked me to be his girlfriend ...")

 

(- "Ah ...")

 

At that moment thousands of things went through my mind.

 

(Am I an idiot? Why didn't I asked? I'd rather be rejected than have stayed this way.)

 

But in the end, only something remained in my mind

 

("They look good together…")

 

Saya interrupted my thoughts with a more shocking phrase

 

(- "But you know, I rejected it")

 

(-"What?")

 

I couldn't believe it and at that moment I turned my face to see Saya's profile, although at that moment Saya was also looking at my face.

 

(- "I rejected him because I love another person, he is a somewhat lonely boy but he is not a bad person, although he has no plans for the future he always wants to know mine, and above all, he is a fool who says beautiful words to girls he has just met, but even so with all that he is the person I love the most. ")

 

I have never been someone intuitive, much less someone who reads the environment, but without a doubt, I understood Saya's message.

My mind couldn't think of anything, but my heart had already started to react.

 

(- "That person is-")

 

Silence.

A deep silence invaded our little place.

In the shadow of that sunset, only two people with connected lips were projected.

That day was the time my love for Saya was finally rewarded.

The same love that would later break me.

29