CHAPTER 5 “The feelings of the girl most affected”
1.1k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV Reiko Ishida:

I always thought my family and I were normal.

My dad was always very kind to me and helped me with everything I asked. When I was afraid of the monsters in my closet he let me sleep with him.

When a child stuck gum on my hair, he was the one who talked to the teachers to prevent it from happening again, and also helped me to fix my hair.

Every memory I have with my dad is nice and I wouldn't replace it with anything.

But, in elementary school, it was the first time I realized that my family wasn't quite normal.

- ("Ishida-san, why does your mother never come for you?”)

It was a question from a child whose name and face I no longer remember.

But that question remained in my mind for a long time.

At that time I did not know the customs and the normality of other families so I answered innocently.

- ("I don't have a mom”)

That was my answer.

- ("Hey, that's weird, we all have a mom”)

- ("Yes, it's true“)

- ("I also have a mom")

Different voices claimed that we all had a mom but I just thought that wasn't my case.

That same day when I got home I asked my dad.

- ("Dad, why don't I have a mom? Where is she?”)

Dad seemed nervous but he still answered me. Apparently, my mom was in heaven and from there she could see us.

I remember just nodding but still not understanding why I didn't have a mom, but since I never had one I never needed one so I didn't think too much about it.

Years passed and I grew up so I got into high school.

At that stage, I discovered that I was strange too.

- ("Reiko-chan, who would you like to date? Sawada-kun or Keitaro-kun?”)

That was the question one of my friends asked me at the time.

At the time I thought I wasn't interested in love so I just responded.

- ("Neither of them I like”)

- ("Are you serious? Do you have a guy that's your type?”)

At that moment I noticed my strangeness.

(If I were to date someone, it should be like my father, right?)

It was my thoughts of that moment.

Although I knew I couldn't say so I just avoided it.

- ("He should be a bigger boy than me and more mature lol")

- (”You're right, Reiko-chan")

- ("Children of our age are very childish")

- ("I would also like a handsome university boyfriend kyaa~")

I could hear different voices but I kept thinking about the answer that went through my mind.

〖(If I were to date someone, it should be like my father, right?)〗

That day when I got home I decided to ask my dad the truth about what had happened with my mother.

My dad told me about the accident and how he lost my mom. I could see in his eyes a sadness that I had never let see.

Different things went through my mind and before I could notice it my mouth spoke for itself.

- ("Do you still love her?”)

Even I was surprised by what I had said, it was not my intention in the first place to ask him that, although I cannot deny that I was somewhat intrigued by the answer.

- (“Yes I do”)

- ("I see...")

I don't know why I felt sad, it's normal.

While I was in my room I kept thinking…

(It's totally normal for my dad to love my mom.)

But why.

Why?

- ("Why does it hurt so much?”)

Dunno…

Silence my thoughts with my pillow.

After those moments I followed my normal routine, for some reason I no longer wanted to call him "dad" so I started calling him by name.

It was a tiny change but that way of talking to each other makes me happy.

It's like it's just me and him.

It's like we're not father and daughter.

(It's like we're a couple...)


One normal day Kazuya came to the house while I was still in my room.

I'm so used to hearing his footsteps that I can easily identify when they're his.

Even if no one else has entered this apartment…

I hang out and Kazuya talks to me so we can eat together.

I've always liked it when he cooks. When there are things that I like, he serves me more on the plate, and when there are vegetables that I don't like, he reduces them so that I eat less.

I love how he always cares about me.


It was supposed to be a normal meal but he talked.

- ("Reiko can I ask you a question?”)

He asked me suddenly

I could only answer yes as he stared at me

- ("What would you think if I had a girlfriend or something...?”)

I couldn't assimilate what he was trying to tell me, it's like my mind was intentionally trying to block it.

I tried to speak but I could only pronounce a few words

- ("Why do you say that...?”)

Maybe they're not the words I actually meant, but they were all the words I dared to say.

I waited for his answer until he started talking.

- ("I was talking to a co-worker and it made me think that maybe it could be the moment -")

- ("NO!”)

I didn't know what happened, I just got up and hit the table hard while I had yelled.

I don't know why I did this, Kazuya looked confused while I was standing.

I didn't want to ruin the moment anymore and I just said a few words and went back to my room.

Being in my room, I began to imagine what life would be like with Kazuya and another woman.

I imagined them both being happy, but, I couldn't imagine smiling.

Just thinking that someone else is with Kazuya makes me feel bad.

I really don't want that.

Why? Why?.

- "Why did we have to be father and daughter?”

Letting go of that little murmur I fell asleep...

Two other chapters in this series.

As always, I want to ask you if you see an error, correct me so that the text is more understandable.

Now yes, we can see how Reiko's mind works, she has not so healthy feelings for her father, can she bear the idea of her father trying to rebuild her life? Nah, we all know how I like girls (yan). From now on we can see Reiko's descent, or maybe not? :p

 

30