Chapter 1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tristan, 16 years old.

That's me. The year is 2025. In my world there are very powerful people, some call them "heroes". Very limited in number, there are just 7 on the whole planet. Still, with the hope of finding the future number 8, the worlds leaders have decided to perform an aptitude test on everyones  17th Birthday. 

And well, mine is today.

I don't expect anything from the test, yet I tremble while stepping behind the 4cm reinforced glass. Behind it is our schools aptitude-test-overseer and some friends of mine. Two of them already had taken the test, but both had a hero aptitude of "null", or 0 out of 100 possible points. 

Still thinking about the Latin exam tomorrow, which I still hadn't studied for, a female voice suddenly comes from multiple speakers in front of me.

"P-Phase 1 of the test will begin in 15 seconds, if you feel un-unwell or uneasy, hit the red button on the wall."

Maybe I should explain: The whole test is split into 5 phases, all focusing on different possible strengths. The first four stages are all the same for everyone, while the fifth is configured by your prior performance.

Four tiles in the floor slide to the side and with a screeching sound a punching-bag makes its appearance. The voice explains that, after hearing an alarm sound, I am supposed to hit it as hard as I can.

{......}

After the tenth round it is decided: no special aptitude in strength. 

The next two phases also were a complete waste of time, they were just eating away my endurance.

0