The Spoiled Little Lady
3.4k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today marked another splendid day within the Lord's manor," the maid remarked, wiping perspiration from her brow as she made her way toward the little lady's room.

"I specifically requested that! Hand it over to me!"

Upon reaching the door of the little lady's room, the maid was immediately greeted by the sound of the lady's distressed cries.

"Or perhaps not," she quietly added to her initial thought. She momentarily furrowed her brow, then swiftly resumed her forced smile before knocking on the door.

"May I enter?"

Once granted permission, the maid promptly entered the room.

"Is something amiss, my lady?" she inquired after shutting the door, swiftly scanning her surroundings to assess the situation.

The maid was taken aback by the sight in the room; it was more distressing than she had anticipated. On the floor, another maid was in tears, on her knees, and pleading, while the lady was harshly tugging at her hair.

Seeing this, she rushed to the distressed maid's side and inquired about the situation.

"My apologies, my lady. Could you please calm down and explain what transpired?"

Recognizing her error, she immediately offered an apology. Fortunately, the lady, being a mere child, appeared not to notice her lapse in etiquette. Had she acted similarly with other nobles, she might have faced immediate consequences, such was the gravity of her offense.

"Oh, you're here now. Listen to me, nanny! She refuses to surrender the necklace to me!"

Another incident? She had assumed that the maids were well aware not to bring their personal belongings when entering the lady's quarters!

This was typical behavior for the lady; when something caught her fancy, she would stop at nothing to obtain it. Most maids in the manor had fallen victim to her capriciousness. This was precisely why there was an unspoken rule among the maids: never bring cherished possessions into the lady's quarters or when meeting her. The current predicament, however, was primarily Carla's fault. The maid decided to retrieve the necklace and reprimand her later.

She was about to voice her thoughts when she noticed Carla's expression.

"Isn't she the recently hired maid?" she pondered, her eyes widening in recognition.

Ah, that explains it. This situation was partly my fault as well; I should have warned her, being a fellow maid.

"Um, my lady, could you release her hair so that I can speak with her properly?" she requested.

At her plea, the lady begrudgingly released her grip on the distressed maid's hair.

"Thank you, my lady. Now, Carla, why didn't you comply with the lady's request?"

Carla was undeniably at fault; everyone understood the consequences of angering a noble, especially commoners like them. Carla was fortunate that the lord and mistress were not present on the estate today.

"It's because this necklace was a gift from my late father, a cherished family heirloom," Carla explained.

This was certainly a predicament.

"Carla, may I see the necklace?"

If it meant so much to her, perhaps she could consider lending it to the lady, though she harbored doubts given the state of most of the lady's possessions, which were often damaged or broken.

"Alright, if you'll only be looking—" Carla began.

As Carla extended her hand to display the necklace, the lady swiftly seized it, as if awaiting the chance, and darted toward the sofa and the nearby shelves.

"My necklace!"

"My lady, please reconsider!" she implored.

Oh dear, this is entirely my fault!

She hurriedly moved towards the lady, attempting to retrieve the necklace, but an unforeseen accident occurred.

*THUD!!!*

Both she and Carla gazed in shock as the lady, while climbing the shelves, stumbled and plummeted headfirst.

I'm in deep trouble, aren't I?

71