Book 1 – Chapter 1
195 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

This chapter has been greatly modified and expanded!

It is my first novel ever, and English is not my native language, so go easier on me, please.

Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Enjoy your reading!

 

The House of the Ghosts is considered one of the best pubs in this town. But now, there is a large shipment of guns and illegal substances hidden there.

A girl in a black coat, white shirt, and black jeans go slowly down the hallway. In one hand, she had a sports bag loaded with explosives.

"Remember, agent, you must set the explosives and, after the detonator timer activated, you will have ten minutes to get away," sounded a quiet male voice in a small earpiece hanging around the girl's neck.

"Roger," sounded an unemotional voice.

Entering a large storage room, she saw many boxes. Placing explosives between them, she activates the detonator timer. But instead of a timer countdown, she heard a quiet beeping sound.

Beep-beep-beep!!!

At night, in the silence of the distant neighborhood, there was a thunderous explosion.

 

...

 

"Mmm..." moaned Amadeus softly, opened her eyes, and looked around.

"Where I am?" flashed through her mind. "There is no way for me to have survived such a powerful explosion."

Trying to pull herself up, she looked at her hands, but instead, they were the hands of a child.

"I...? Uh...is that...? Is that a different body?" she asked, whispering.

A word occurred to the girl, "Reincarnation."

At that moment, she discovered several overturned carts and eight dead bodies. For several minutes, she pondered the many possibilities of how she arrived here. But the only idea she came, was.

"After the explosion, I am was reborn in the body of a child and now somewhere in the forest."

"Marvelous..." she whispered.

Standing up, she decided to check out the dead bodies and carts. After a few minutes, she found that everyone had died of snake bites. Three adult men, who seemed to be bandits, and five children wearing rags. All the children appeared to be about ten years old and looked emaciated.

"It hasn't much time since they died," she looked all around. "The bodies are not yet cold, and consequently, the snake or snakes are still somewhere nearby."

While pondering over this situation, she cautiously walked to check out the carts and corpses.

"Expensive-looking fabric, lots of cold weapons, and broken glass bottles," she thought. "Interesting-interesting..."

Rummaging a little more through the stuff, she finds a silver mirror and watched her reflection.

"No differences?" she was surprised.

"It's like I've returned to my childhood."

The girl's mind burst with memories.

In the mirror reflected a little girl of average height, about seven years old, with a round face, a small turned-up nose, pale rosy lips, and deathly pale skin. Her white hair, which reached to her thighs, was stained with dirt and dust. Her eyes, framed by fluffy lashes, were different colors, the left was dark green, and the right was dark blue. She looked like a white cat.

She looked beautiful, but if to watch into her eyes, all you could see would be a lifeless void.

"What usually do in these situations?" wondered Amadeus.

Suddenly, she snapped out of her thoughts. Amadeus heard the rustle of leaves and stood in a defensive stance. A tall snake, twelve meters in length, is hanging from a tree. Her green squama shining in the sun, and on her forehead was a green stone that resembled an emerald.

The snake attacked the girl with its jaws hanging open, a greenish liquid dripping from it.

She quickly grabbed a dagger from one of the bandits and jumped sideways before the snake could bite her. Taking advantage of the moment, Amadeus fast threw the knife into the snake's eye.  For lack of strength, instead of impaling its skull, it only damaged its eye. But it was enough to send the snake into a frenzy.

"This body doesn't have enough strength..." she thought, "And the scales look too tough, and according to the color, the liquid dripping from the snake's teeth is poison."

"I don't know exactly how toxic the poison is, and I don't think I can quickly find a cure or an antidote if I need one," Amadeus mentally sighed.

"How it's complicated..." she said, picking up the first nearest available stone and a long knife that looked like a machete.

Shortening the distance, Amadeus threw the stone into the hilt of the dagger, pushing it deeply. A snake with a bleeding eye lunged at her. Being just a meter in front of the girl's head, the snake opened its mouth wide, intending to eat her whole. At the last moment, leaning her hand on the front of the snake's snout, Amadeus jumped off the ground and somersaulted. She gripped the bottom of the head with her legs and, before the snake had a chance to close its jaws, she placed the machete in its mouth. Leaning back quickly, she caught the hilt of the dagger and yanked it out. Without wasting a moment, Amadeus turned and stabbed the knife into the other eye.

The snake began to writhe and try to shake off Amadeus. Quickly realizing what this threatens, she jumped off and, after landing, somersault unlucky and hit her back against a tree.

"I am still can't get used to the new characteristics of this body..." thought Amadeus, rubbing her injured place with her hand.

The snake, still trying to shake off the attacker and hit the head hard by the ground, and stuck the machete so deep that it pierced the skull and damaged the brain. After a few minutes, the snake stopped beating in agony and stopped moving.

"DING!!!" an irritating sound rang in her mind, and a translucent blue window that looked like a system interface appeared in front of her eyes.

Congratulation!!!

Level UP!

 

Status

State

Level: 1

Health: 6/10

Mana: 0/0

 

Description

Name: Amadeus Pride

Nickname: White Cat

Race: Silin

Gender: Female

Age: Unknown

 

Titles

"Reincarnated"

"The Only One of The Race"

“Moonchild”

 

Characteristics

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 8

Vitality: 1

Intelligence: 25

 

Race skills

[Regeneration]

[Deep Sleep]

[True Form] (unavailable)

 

Skills

[Dagger Mastery 1] (new)

[Advanced Perception 1] (new)

 

"Amadeus... Pride..." the girl sighed and shook her head. "No one's ever used that name for me, even though it's my real name," she was reflecting, trying to poke her finger on the menu, stretching her injured back.

"Maybe I need to press this mentally?"

Concentrating on the word, Race, she saw a text message in a new window.

"Nothing unexpected..." smirked Amadeus to herself.

 

Please don't judge me harshly, post comments, and give me likes!

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

If you, dear friend, want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thanks for your interest, friends!

7