Book 1 – Chapter 6
86 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

It's a new chapter here!

Enjoy reading!

 

"The Abode of Arachne?" asked Amadeus.

"I've never played much in computer games, but I know every dungeon has a Main Boss, waiting for the players at the end."

After pondering this for a few minutes, she decided to go in, but first, she looked at the squirrel.

"Kid, listen to me here. I'm going into Arachne's lair now. There are no spiders near the Boss's room, so you'll wait for me here in safety. And it's not discussed." Amadeus said.

She put some fruit beside the squirrel.

The squirrel made a disappointed look on her face, "But I want to go with you, too," and began stomping her little foot like a disgruntled child.

"Stop arguing," said Amadeus.

At that moment, her gaze could freeze a lake.

Squirrel flinched slightly and flopped down beside the fruit on her butt steady.

Amadeus opened the door and went inside.

 

***

 

There was a spacious circular room with a large throne in the center, but there was nothing else.

As soon Amadeus entered, the door immediately closed behind her and disappeared.

The next second, Amadeus jumped aside. A liquid had splashed on the place where she had just been standing, and it began eroding the stone.

"Acid?" she thought.

As she continued to dodge the projectiles, Amadeus spotted something big on the ceiling, and that "something" is now throwing acid in her.

"How can I defeat it if it's on the ceiling? Throw daggers? It's not a good idea I could end up without a weapon," she pondered as she continued dodging.

She mentally tsked, picked up a stone, and threw it at the monster on the ceiling.

"If the squirrel has intelligent, why wouldn't the spider?" she thought.

Amadeus shouted out in a mocking tone, "Hey, coward! Are you so afraid of the little girl that you can't even move down? Then you are not Arachne! You are a cockroach!"

She often had to provoke her enemies in this way, so it was easy for her to fake a mocking tone.

The monster squealed in anger and jumped down from the ceiling.

Now Amadeus could see it clearly. It was a monster, with the bottom of a spider and the top of a woman. It or she had white skin, long black hair, and eight black eyes.

Arachne lunged at the girl, and on movement, spitting acid. Amadeus easily dodged because, before each spit, Arachne aimed, and almost always at her head.

"Stupid monster." she grinned.

Quickly cutting the distance, Amadeus slashed at the spider's arm. In the articulation spots, the machete went into the flesh like a hot knife into butter.

Arachne tried to grab the girl and shoot acid, but Amadeus rolled under the spider and cut off her two front paws. Unfortunately, she didn't have time to cut the abdomen. Arachne tried to crush Amadeus, and the girl has to dodge.

Rolled away from Arachne, she quickly stands up and jumped on the spider's abdomen, grabbing her hair and pulling it harshly back, causing the monster to shriek loudly. Amadeus tried to cut off Arachne's head. But the spider reacted instantly and grabbed the girl's hand holding the monster's hair and threw her back against the wall. Amadeus did not chop off the spider's head, but she went over the shoulder joint with her machete, nearly severing the arm from its body.

Jumping to her feet and spitting out some blood, Amadeus picked up the fallen machete.

After dodging several projectiles of acid, the girl sprinted toward the monster again and grabbed the spider's nearly severed arm. The spider was about to fire acid, but Amadeus was faster. She tears off the arm and forcefully shoved Arachne's it down her throat. At the next second, Amadeus somersaulted over the spider's head and, intercepting the machete in hand, cutting off Arachne's head in one motion.

 

***

 

Breath for a few minutes and sighing, Amadeus thought, "Is that it? Did I win?"

A chest appeared next to the throne.

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

Level UP!

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

Level UP!

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

You have reached level 10!

Evolution is available now!

 

Out of the corner of her eye, Amadeus saw some movement and turned around. A squirrel was running toward her with a fruit in its paws.

"I told you to stay outside," Amadeus whispered.

The squirrel handed her the fruit with a satisfying snout, wagging her tail.

"Thank you," she said and took the fruit.

Honestly, she didn't feel like dealing with a naughty squirrel now. She looked at the notice and concentrated on the option of available forms of evolution.

 

Silin -> Silin (elder)

Silin -> Misty Silin (young)

Silin -> Silfinus

 

Silin (elder) - has increased physical strength and agility Silin.

Misty Silin - is a disembodied lifeform appearing only at night. Immune to physical attacks. Creatures in the mist will lose health points regardless of level, power or skill. Note - Incoming magic damage is increased by 500%.

Silfinus - is a rare form of Silin. Have increased intellect, and the learning rate will increase by 200%. With proper education and training, become a master at everything. Note - The intense and one-time increase in intellect has the risk of getting mental aberrations.

"I wonder who made up those descriptions? It's not like they make any sense at all. Or was it all obvious to the Silin race?"

"Okay, so. Silin (elder) is just a more advanced form of Silin. It's more or less clear. Misty Silin instantly not. It doesn't even matter what about it is. I prefer not to lose my physical form. I think it's clear that I'm going to choose Silfinus. Furthermore, I won't be able to get mentally disturbed anyway. I guess. But 200% to learning rate, doesn't come in bunches."

After deciding in which form evolving, Amadeus looked at the squirrel.

"Kid, I'm going to evolve now. No one will enter this room while the chest is in a lock," Amadeus said, stroking the squirrel's furry head.

"So have as much fun here as you can, and don't think about opening the chest if you want to live, sure." Amadeus smiles scary.

Squirrel flinched but made a stance like, "I don't understand at all what you're talking about."

Selecting Silfinus brings up another text message in a new window.

 

Warning!!!

During the evolution, you will be in a state of [Deep Sleep] for the next twelve hours!

Are you ready to begin the evolution of Silin -> Silfinus now?

Continue?

Yes/No?

 

Selecting the Yes button new message appears.

 

Are you sure?

Yes/No?

 

"Billie, is that you?" she giggled.

Confirming the choice, Amadeus passed out and fell to the floor. Her body shone, and a cocoon began to arise surrounding her.

 

Please don't judge me harshly, leave comments and give me some likes!

Any feedback is more than welcome, of course.

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

Dear friend, if you want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thank you for your interest, my friends!

5