Book 1 – Chapter 13
269 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

It's a new chapter here!

Enjoy reading!

 

«If that's the case, you'll tell us what you know anyway,» said one of the bandits.

«But in a different place,» added a second smirk.

«And you might even like it,» the third one laughed and added, «At the beginning.»

All three bandits laughed, drew their weapons, and lunged at her. Amadeus didn't move from her place. But when one of them approached, she jumped up and, using him as a fulcrum, pushed away from him, causing him to fall. Somersaulting, the girl kicked the second bandit in the chest with all her might. There was a crunch of broken bones, and the man flew back against the wall and collapsed sideways. As soon as Amadeus landed, the last bandit immediately lunged at her with a dagger in his hand. She parries the lunge by grabbing his hand with a knife and threw him over her hip. The effort, she exerted, was enough to break every bone in his back and smash his head on the paving stones.

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

Level UP!

 

At that moment, the bandit which had attacked Amadeus first was already on his feet and holding some bottle in his hands. He threw it at Amadeus, but before the bottle could touch her, the girl turned around quickly and threw the bottle into the wall with the flat side of her blade. Jumping back, Amadeus saw the vial burst into flames as it hit the stone. A few seconds later, the flame extinguished, leaving behind the molten bricks.

«Fuck me, hellfire in a bottle,» thought Amadeus.

The bandit tried to get another one, but Amadeus got ahead of him, throwing the dagger into the bag where he kept the bottles of flammable liquid. The bandit instantly turned into a living torch and, a few seconds later, fell. More accurately, he crumbled, and all the remains of him were two shoes and his left arm.

The bandit with broken ribs tried to run away, but Amadeus threw a dagger at his leg. He fell and, despite the pain, tried to crawl away.

«M-Monster... Y-You m-monster...» the bandit began to stammer.

Amadeus said in a seductive voice, «You may be right about something.»

She, playfully slowly, approached him, wiggling her hips.

«Now tell me, my sweetie,» she said, «Why have you been following me?»

Amadeus squatted beside the bandit and took a grip on the dagger sticking out of the bandit's leg.

«If I tell you anything, they'll kill me,» he said, trying to crawl back.

«Dying at their hands, or suffer greatly for a long time and die at my hands. Here, not much choice,» Amadeus said as she turned the dagger.

«FU-U-KI-I-NG BI-I-TCH!!! I-I-a-a-a-a-a... I-I-ca-a-n't-sa-a-y a-a-ny-y-thi-i-ng...» despair appeared in his eyes.

«You know, I'm kind today and going to explain the situation to you. I'll slo-o-o-wly cut off your limbs and cauterize them until you are like that gentleman over there,» Amadeus said and pointed her finger at the charred remains.

«No, I changed my mind. In the beginning, I'll make you a little lighter for a few peanuts and sausage. I haven't decided which comes first. But be certain they're both at the top of the sheet of needless parts,» Amadeus said and clapped her hands.

«You, fucking, what!?» said the man, swallowing.

«I'm paraphrasing. If by some miracle you stay alive, we will greatly disappoint your wife. I don't know if you have children, of course, but it's a shame they'll never have younger siblings,» Amadeus said and looked at the man's right hand.

Under the glove, she could see the outline of a ring.  The man turned pale and decided to tell everything. It turned out that in addition to the slaves in the cart was the [Lunar Pearl]. According to the legends, it is an ancient treasure in which exists the soul of some powerful spirit. Or so the legends say. This pearl was carrying to a nearby port city and from there should have been taken to the other continent. The fact that she had something with [Lunar Pearl] is not in dispute. Its lunar origins tell us so. After finishing her conversation, Amadeus slit the man's throat. She left this place and go to the location that the bandit said, organization building located.

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

Level UP!

 

«I'm getting experience for killing people, too? Not bad,» thought Amadeus, and decided to check the status.

 

Status

State

Level: 1 -> 3

Health: 30/30

Mana: 0/0

 

Description

Name: Amadeus Pride

Nickname: White Cat

Race: Silfinus

Gender: Female

Age: Unknown

 

Titles

«Reincarnated»

«The Only One of The Race»

«Moonchild»

 

Characteristics

Strength: 20 -> 24

Dexterity: 32 -> 38

Vitality: 15 -> 20

Intelligence: 250 -> 260

 

Race Skills

[Regeneration]

[Deep Sleep]

[True Form] (unavailable)

[Animal Language]

[Lunar Language]

[Lunar Song]

 

Skills

[Dagger Mastery 7->8]

[Advanced Perception 5->6]

[Cooking 4]

[Less Pain Resistance 2->3]

 

«Strange, I didn't take any damage at all, but [Less Pain Resistance] leveled up. And even though I cooked a lot, the [Cooking] level didn't increase. That's such a load of bullshit,» Amadeus pondered as she walked to the address given.

«Damn, with these slaves and pearls, I completely forgot to ask where I am at all,» she mentally facepalmed.

Amadeus came to a large building that looked like a mansion. The house surround by a high fence and a patrol passing along the perimeter. After some time of observation, she found out that the patrol interval was about fifteen minutes. Sneaking by wasn't a problem. After passing the patrolmen, she climbed onto the roof of the building.

«Probably, slaves keeping in underground prisons. Getting into the building through the attic would be easy. As I understand it, the slave auction is two weeks later, and they shouldn't be moved to another location yet,» Amadeus thought and decided to go through the attic.

«And why am I doing all this shit? It doesn't seem like fun, even though my safety, much less my life, is not in danger. My selfishness?» pondered Amadeus, climbing into the attic, «Perhaps it is

 

Please don't judge me harshly, leave comments and give me some likes!

Any feedback is more than welcome, of course.

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

Dear friend, if you want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thank you for your interest, my friends!

6