Chapter 11 Bad News
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 1,  2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

ASEAN 1St Senior High School, Sector 2

•••••

While everyone is waiting for the result, the teachers were hoping that the three 'Martial Warrior' students pass the test. If those talented youth awaken their seed, surely they will become great figures in the near future.

30 seconds after Larry's batch got into the Pod, while everyone is waiting, some of the government staff are getting apprehensive.

One of the government staff walked to Yu Jin-ho and whispered anxiously. "Vice Governor, I have some bad news, the Pod number 32 malfunctioned."

"Tell me what happened?" Yu Jin-ho asked calmly, but deep inside he was shocked to the core because there has been no record of any Pod malfunctioning.

"Lara said the Pod is operating normally, when suddenly the pod started injecting more serum into the student. She saw the serum decreasing rapidly and then—" the staff whispered nervously.

"Who is Lara? What happened to the serum?" Yu Jin ho grimaced, this will become a huge issue and he is already sweating profusely.

The staff explained, "Lara is the one responsible for monitoring Pod number 32. As for the serum... It is all gone! 98 percent of the serum was already been injected!"

Yu Jin-ho cannot believe the things he just heard, supposedly only 2 percent of the serum will be consumed per student. If this information got leaked, the storm that it will bring is unimaginable.

If an examinee died because of the Runic test, then a lot of parents will be unhappy. Yu Jin ho frowned, 'If things really heat up, then there'll be a huge problem.'

Because at this time and age, every parents take their children's safety and future seriously.

.....

While everyone is waiting for the result, suddenly one of the pods started releasing some steam, the steam caught everyone's attention.

The Headmaster doesn't know what's happening. He looked at Yu Jin-ho and asked. "What's going on Vice Governor?" his tone is tinged with anger

Seeing the mood of the principal and knowing that they can't hide the truth, Yu Jin-ho explained the problem. "The Pod number 32 which Student Larry occupied malfunctioned." 

"You don't have to worry Mr.Principal, the Alliance will bear the responsibility for this accident." Yu Jin-ho is trying to salvage the situation because if this matter is handled properly, he might get out of this situation unscathed.

Yu Jin-ho is trying to explain calmly, but his brain is in turmoil. This accident happened under his watch, surely, his political enemy will not let this pass, he will be grilled alive. Even his Lvl 6 Master rank strength can't save him, he has to think of a way to get out of this situation.

"Just to be ready, we need the medical team on standby" Yu Jin-Ho gave his order. "Also, call his family, inform them of what's happening."

Seeing a lot of steam rising from the pod, Larry's teacher is getting extremely worried. "Vice Governor, What will happen to my student?"

"As for the possible side effects of too much intake of the serum..." Yu Jin-ho looked at the teacher, he has to think twice about how he will handle this. "There are so many possible outcomes such as damaged Runic Seed, brain damage, crippled body, or the worst possible outcome... Death."

"Supposedly, the POD can only inject 2 percent of serum per student, but the POD malfunctioned and injected more than the required dosage." Yu Jin-ho found his scapegoat, he will blame it on the manufacturer because blaming it on Lara is impossible, her duty is to only monitor the student.

The teacher was horrified, knowing Larry's life is on the line, he can't help but raise his voice "Can't we do something about it? This wasn't supposed to happen in the first place, Who will take responsibility for this?"

Yu Jin-ho hesitated. "Right now, the only thing we can do is wait and hope he overcome this trial."

Yu Jin ho clenched his fist to show his determination. "And I will personally investigate what caused this accident, and I will make sure! The one who is responsible for this will bleed!"

"And if ever the kid survives this, to reward the kid with his suffering  I promise I will let him choose 3 of my treasures." Yu Jin-ho showed his firm stance on this matter. 

After a few more seconds, all 50 pods opened simultaneously. When Larry's Pod opened, a lot of hot steam gushed out of his Pod. When they finally saw Larry's appearance they were shocked, he looked like an overcooked crab.

.....

Woooshhh!!

Another blur later, Larry sensed that his mind had exited the spirit consciousness. Right then, his body was shaking uncontrollably, eyes were unfocused, and he was drenched by his own blood that came from the wounds that formed during the test.

When his other senses suddenly came back, he felt an extreme pain. He wanted to scream but he couldn't as he lost consciousness.

Seeing that Larry survived, the Vice Governor sighs with relief and when the medical team saw Larry's condition, they immediately rushed him to the hospital.

The Headmaster and the teachers were happy that Larry survives, but the students were horrified at what they saw.

The students started whispering with each other; hesitation, fear, doubt, and disappointment were written all over their faces.

When the principal saw the commotion of the students, he announced that the Runic test will be delayed until further notice.

.....

"No way, there is absolutely no way!"

Jack and Bruce, who just heard what happened, panicked and frowned, "How could the Pod malfunction? It's Impossible, that never happened before!"

Jack and Bruce treat Larry as a true brother, even if they are not related by blood.

"Believe me, there is no mistaking it. We saw this event unfold before our very own eyes. The Governor and your teacher rushed Larry to the hospital. It should be a hospital at sector 1, we know they have the best hospitals." The student continued. "Oh, I also heard that his family are already rushing to the hospital."

"Hospital? It should be the best ones." Bruce concluded.

"Teacher we will go first, we are going to go check on Larry's condition." 

Without delay, Jack and Bruce rushed towards the hospital, they both totally forgot to celebrate the passing of their Runic Test.

What happened in the runic test became a huge topic, even the other sanctuaries got the wind of it.

.....

20 minutes later, Larry's entire family arrived at Katsuyu Medical Centre.

Katsuyu Medical Centre was a very famous private hospital in the whole world. The doctors were all Champions, and their skills were top-notch. Of course, their fees were all the way up there as well.

And it was indeed different from other hospitals. There was actually a big statue at the entrance, and there were also a lot of luxurious cars parked there.

The Katsuyu hospital was decorated in a very elegant manner. There were more medical staffs compared to patients, and there was a faint fragrance that seeped into everyone's hearts. It was a completely different world compared to the government hospitals, which were as busy as a market.

Because over the past decade, the new era's medical skills and technology have developed very quickly. Many of the difficult diseases and injuries that were difficult to treat in the past can be treated now.

After Larry's condition stabilized, the doctors didn't find any abnormalities, Larry just lost too much blood and the doctor said he will wake up within 48 hours.

While Larry is sleeping he was observed and tested in various medical machines to find more complications or abnormalities. After several more tests, they didn't find anything, even what happened to his Runic seed was not found out.

•••••

(" ") Conversions.

('.') Thoughts.

3