Chapter 1: Re-emergence
381 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi guys! A different story this time. No super powers, no supernatural. Just plain drama, and a bit of insanity. Of course, a lot of gay...not entirely lighthearted a fluffy this time, no matter how the first few chapters may seem.

I’m doing releases on Patreon

Shortly after this chapter is up, up to chapter 9 can be found on Patreon, and I’ll be releasing there whenever a new chapters is written. Update schedule on SH is 1-2 chapters a week.

 

“Rei are you listening?”

“Hmm?”

I look up at my friend. Akito. He’s been sticking close to me for some reason ever since we entered high school a year ago. At first I just found him annoying, but he somehow grew on me.

I’ve mostly tried to keep to myself during high school. I was hoping my reputation wouldn’t follow me, but apparently not.

I used to be more cheerful, more ‘proper’. Until a certain incident with my ex caused me to spiral into a different path of life.

“I was saying we’re having a transfer student today.”

“Okay? And?”

“Just as disinterested as always huh.”

“If you knew that, why even bother?” I let out a sigh.

Looking at my friend, he’s changed over the past year. He used to be a bit scrawny, but still had the same personality. After we started hanging out he joined me in training. He’s looking a lot more muscular now. Around 180 cm tall, short blonde hair and blue eyes. His jawline is a lot sharper. Not movie star handsome, but it’s a lot better than his usual below average self. Huh, muscle and training does a lot to your appearance.

“Okay class, pay attention. We’re having a transfer student today, come introduce yourself.”

In walks a girl with beautiful silver hair flowing behind her as she walks. Her icy blue eyes are sparkling as the light hits her face. Even though her eyes remind you of ice, she has a warmth to her making her approachable. She’s around 10 cm smaller than me, around 160. She became taller, huh.

“Hello! My name is Luna Reyinis. I came here from another city due to my -“ her eyes widen as she looks around the classroom and our eyes meet. Our gaze lingers for a few seconds before she snaps out of it, but it did not go unnoticed by our classmates, and especially not Akito. “Due to my work as a model.”

What is she doing here.

Akito turns towards me with suspicious eyes. “Do you know her?” He whispers.

I just let out a mumble. “She’s my ex.”

“HAH?!? SHE’S YOUR EX?!”

I facepalm, Luna’s face reddens and the entire class is looking between me and Luna. Great. Why did I tell this idiot.

“*cough* Well then, Rei why don’t you and Akito take care of showing her around. I assume a familiar face will help her integrate more quickly.”

I just glare at the teacher as he flinches. Did he not just hear Akito’s outburst?

Yes, we used to be together during middle school. We’ve been friends from before, but we started dating during our first year. It went really well for a year and a half. We gave each other our firsts, and spent almost every day together, until that day.

We drifted apart after that, and we haven’t spoken since.

 Of course, the only empty seat in the class is behind me. Luna looks like she has regained her composure, but I know it’s a facade. She hasn’t changed besides her appearance making her look more mature. At least not from what I’ve seen yet.

Taking her place behind me, the class resumes, but I can still hear the whispers throughout the lesson. “They were together?” “Actually, Rei is also really pretty, it’s just her attitude.” “Shh, don’t you know about her reputation?” “Luna is really pretty, maybe I can ask her out?” “Dude, did you not just hear she dated another girl?” “What? Maybe she was just experimenting, all girls like a proper man.”

 

Hah. This is going to be a disastrous year.

16