Chapter 5 – The King’s Plan
81 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she took a bath today, she once again made sure. No camera. There are no surgical scars on her body. Although there was a piece of logic in her mind that said it was impossible - Jill concluded that she really had lived in the era of ancient Greece.

Since she actually lived in ancient Greece, she was quite familiar with the stories from that time. As a film actress, Jill once played the role of Psyche, the daughter of the king who fell in love with Eros the God of Love, the son of Aphrodite.

The movie wasn't exactly a success, but Jill had learned a lot about Greek mythology while playing it. Jill knew one thing about the Gods of Olympus.

They are generally selfish and immoral beings.

Unfortunately for Portia, the Princess of Sparta, she had the bad luck to be presented to the evil Olympus God, Ares.

Ares the God of War, just mentioned his name already made the majority of Greeks tremble. The god was known as a bloodthirsty and war-crazy. He liked to fought anyone and temperamental. Not only that, he also had a thousand years affair with Aphrodite.

Jill never remembered read the Ares story where he had a legal wife. It looks like this was a new chapter in Greek mythology story about the princess of Sparta who was forced to become the bride of the cruel god Ares.

Was that true? Did Ares really exist? If so, would she be tortured? Looks like it won't be that bad. Jill was sure she never remembered any story that say Ares was a female abuser. But she also couldn't believed too much in mythology.

What was more dangerous, what if this turns out to be a scam and she will be taken to a strange place—where she may be held captive by the enemies of the king of Sparta.

"He claims to be the messenger of Ares and has the medicine to heal you," the Spartan King spoke with a sad expression on his face.

She listened intently to all the events that put Portia in this situation.

"At that time we were all desperate, no medicine and any antidote could cure you. The oracle took the unconscious you to the palace and a week later he came back with medicine. It's just that he made me promise first." The King of Sparta, despite having a large and stout body looked helpless with grief.

"That if I recover, I will marry Ares?" She concluded it herself, since the king seemed shaken to continue.

Although the King of Sparta had many daughters, Portia was the one he loved the most. The king had even decided to forbid his daughter to marry and let her devote her entire life to served the temple of Athena.

Faced with a fate like this, the King regretted many proposal to Portia by princes throughout Greece which he always refused. Now his daughter will be married of to the god of Olympus with the worst reputation. Portia will be moved to a different realm and the king may never saw her again.

"Pray to the wise Athena my daughter, ask Athena to protect you from the cruelty of Ares. you are the most loyal servant of Athena's temple, I'm sure the goddess will not ignore you." The Queen of Sparta said while sobbed.

"No my queen! I've spoken to my ministers. This may all be a trick of my enemy. Ares may never have been involved in any of this. That oracle, can't be found in any temple either." The Spartan king suddenly turned stern, he was still half convinced but hope shone in his eyes.

"What do you mean, father?" The girl asked. Did the king of sparta have the same thoughts as her?

"Your highness! is it time for you to challenge the gods? It's Ares we're talking about!" The Queen said frantically.

"My Queen! Don't you care about Portia?"

"I care for her more than anything my king! but remember, we have millions of people and me and your concubine also have dozens of children who must continue to live. Don't you remember the story of the tantalos? Would you like to see the kingdom of Sparta destroyed by the wrath of Ares?"

The queen of sparta was a devoted woman, she swallowed all the words of the oracles and believed in them. The story of the tantalos is still fresh in the minds of the inhabitants of Greece. He is a devious demigod and king. He tried to test the knowledge of the gods by served dishes from his own son's flesh at a banquet on Olympus. He also stole Ambrosia, the drink of the gods. Zeus finally ordered Hermes to bury his palace with stones.

"No my queen, tantalos made an unforgivable mistake. I'll keep my troops on standby in case he doesn't want to negotiate." The king said seriously.

"Have you lost your mind? You want to challenge Ares?!"

"We are Sparta! We are not easily defeated. My agreement with that Oracle was one-sided. I will demand renegotiation."

The queen's face now turned pale with horror. No human can challenge a god. No matter how bad they are.

"Think again my king! we both love Portia but we know that Sparta's safety is not worth our daughter's. Don't create unnecessary wars. We have had enough of Thebes and their allies." The Queen of Sparta advised him.

"My queen, you are a woman. What do you know about war strategy? I will defend what is rightfully mine. I'm not willing to go easy on an Oracle whose identity is unknown." The king had already made up his mind.

Jill listened to all the debate with doubt. She didn't knew what to say but smiled nervously. does she had the right to speak? Because both of Portia's parents seem to think of her as property that can be treated as they please.

Tired of all the tension, she looked around the large, hall-like room with a throne in it. She saw familiar faces in Portia's memories. His older sisters, brothers, as well as the sons and daughters of the concubines. There was no genuine sorrow in their faces. Portia is not close to her siblings. Portia's parents are calling the whole family tonight for a farewell dinner.

Portia appeared in public with maximum beauty. The finest ivory silk dress covered her perfect sensual curves, her smooth feet were covered with sandals made of buffalo skin. gold jewels with diamonds and rubies clung to her neck and wrists. Not only that, a musk-scented perfume wafted from her neck and clothes. The nickname as the most beautiful princess of Greece, was not an exaggeration.

She had thought about it several times, livied as Portia as she was right now would be equally displeasing. Indeed she was the daughter of the king. Portia received the best service and facilities as the favorite daughter of the king of Sparta.

But lived everyday life as a spinster who worships Athena, being closely watched by an overprotective father, and being a mere display of Sparta's pride with the title 'prettiest' isn't all that fun either.

Accepted fate as the bride of Olympus sounded more attractive to her ears. At least she had a chance to find out how her soul got lost in the past and find a way back.

3