Chapter 12 – The Envoy and The Princess (2)
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the time Jill Adelaide lived, stories about aliens were very popular. Started from the story of the first meeting between aliens and humans in the old film titled E.T, Men In Black who keep the secrets of alien activities on Earth, to the alien superhero named Thor who was a member of the Avengers in the Marvel universe.

Most aliens are described as evil and want to rule the earth, but many are told to be friendly and even become heroes. Like Superman and Thor.

Jill once accidentally looked at 'History Channel' when she was watching a gossip show. Jill felt that what the presenter said was ridiculous. They discussed various artifacts from the past, examined their shapes and images that resembled humans dressed as astronauts and concluded that aliens had come to earth thousands of years ago and worshiped as gods by Ancient people.

But right now, Jill couldn't laugh at the show anymore. Because the Titans who were escorting her to Olympus had just admitted that they came from another Solar system. At least that's what the girl concluded.

"Would you like to rest first, princess? horse riding can be tiring for you who may not have much experience," Alastair rebuked her, who looked pale.

Jill looked at the man with various questions in her mind. But she had to be careful. She absolutely must not reveal to anyone that she was from the future and awakened in someone else's body. They could accuse her of being a witch and gave her the death penalty.

"I'm fine, but what I want to know is, what is the god Ares like?" Jill asked.

"Please explain more, what do you mean?"

"How should I behave as his wife? What does he like in a woman?" Jill asked bluntly.

The Titan men looked at each other and felt uncomfortable. At that time their horses stepped slowly as they passed through a shallow rocky river so that they could discuss various things. But when the Spartan princesses started asking about their god, the atmosphere turned silent.

"Sorry, did I say something wrong?" Jill asked quietly.

"No, we just haven't been in a situation like this before. This is probably the first time the Titans have taken humans to Olympus. Usually gods like Apollo, Zeus or Ares come to their lovers themselves. This is their personal business," Attica responded.

"Yeah, the gods are pretty secretive about this. Ares usually visits his human lovers himself. I don't think he even reveals his identity."

"Did we tell you that you were the first Ares human lover brought to Olympus?"

"Yes, many of his other lovers were from the Titans and they lived in His palace. But never for long,"

"Why?"

"Ares get bored quickly, the women also mostly force Ares to focus too much on them. They want to be his eternal partner. when that happened, Ares would separate from them. He never wanted a serious relationship in the long term. Besides—" Lasonas recounted.

"Besides?" Jill probed curiously.

"Besides, Ares always comes back to Aphrodite," Lasonas whispered softly.

"Oh," Jill's eyes widened, just remembering something important.

Of course, the relationship between Ares and Aphrodite is well known in mythology. They are a sinner couple and have an affair based on lust. Ares was said to love the Goddess so much that he repeatedly kills his love rival.

"Those women, frustrated that Aphrodite was always by Ares's side. They never separated even though Ares is still dating other women. Their relationship is complicated and confusing. The point is, we don't think you should try to compete with Aphrodite. it will only hurt you," Argus added.

"Yeah, of course I wouldn't be so stupid as to compete with a goddess of beauty. Ares and I aren't even a couple," Jill said.

"But you are his wife,"

"He never saw me, I don't know why he brought me to Olympus but what is clear from your story—he doesn't consider me his lover. Do you know why he wanted to make me his wife?" asked the princess.

"We were only tasked with picking you up and bringing the king of Sparta a wedding present. Ares didn't say anything about this," Alastair shook his head regretfully.

The girl looked back. She already had quite a bit of information. which, though still confusing— seemed to help her survive safely in Ares' palace.

She absolutely must not reveal her true self from the future, because she can be considered a sorcerer. She also couldn't depend entirely on the god Ares as he could throw her away at any time. She was just an insignificant mortal and not even beautiful enough to compete with Aphrodite. Her physique now was incredibly beautiful, but as a mortal, she can age and grow wrinkles on her skin.

The Titans and Alastair promised to be her friends on Olympus and guide her in many ways. unlike the other girls Ares had been with—Jill planned to mingle with the rest of her palace.

Jill felt the horse she was riding moved slightly away from the other Titans. Attica did it on purpose when she wanted to talk in private.

"You don't have to worry about Aphrodite, she doesn't even visit Ares castle often. You need to think more about the inhabitants. Like me and the Amazon warriors and the other knights," Attica whispered to her.

"What about them?"

"Ares' territory, filled with the toughest warriors belonging to Olympus. Including the women who are Amazon warriors like me. For those of us who respect Ares, women are a weak side to him. Argus and Lasonas didn't talk about it, but actually we might have created a situation that forced some of his girlfriends to leave," Attica admitted.

"What? Then why did you tell me?"

"I thought you were a spoiled princess who would keep crying over her fate all the way to Olympus. But it turns out you're strong enough. So I'll give you a few suggestions so you can live long enough on Olympus. when you arrive at Ares palace, me and the other envoys will return to our work area. But you can meet Hadreda. She lives in the planetarium. You can learn a lot from her," said Attica again.

"Hadreda?"

"Yeah, she's like a walking encyclopedia in there because she's almost the same age as Ares and has lived in Ares palace for a long time. You can ask her anything."

"Anything?" Jill briefly thought about asking her about the Oracle named Cyllenius. Where can Jill find him?

"We're about to enter Olympus!" Alastair called out which immediately forced them all to refocus on their goal.

Jill realized that in front of her there was now a fairly dense forest with towering pines and a wide enough path as the entrance.

"At this point the situation will be a little dangerous, princess of Sparta. You must not be separated from Attica. Do you understand?"

"Why?"

Jill felt uneasy when she saw the messengers begin to put on their helmets and prepared their weapons.

"Because Olympus is not a place for humans. the monsters here will immediately approach when they smell a human like you," said Alastair again seriously. Jill nodded nervously.

They had all only been a few kilometers into Olympus when the ground around them suddenly shook violently. Jill could even swear to see the ground in front of her roll like a river rift. Some of the trees seemed to have fallen because of it. Their horses panicked and Attica fell off.

Jill couldn't help but scream as her horse panicked and now galloped in an unsteady direction— separating herself from the messengers. Then the horse took her to a dark part of Olympus which was not friendly to humans like her.

2