HA1 2.3 – Looking for A Firearms
57 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Nikko, numbers of gun deaths never exceed two digits each year. This was because the government controls the circulation of firearms very tightly.

For civilians who wished to own firearms, the procedures that must be followed were:

1. Join a hunting or shooting club.

2. Take a firearms course and pass a written test which is held three times a year.

3. Underwent a medical examination to prove mental health and have no history of drug use.

4. Apply for firearms training, which usually lasts a month.

5. Conduct an interview with police and explain the reasons why the applicant needs a firearm.

6. Pass checks for criminal records, possession of firearms, employment, involvement with criminal organizations, debt records, and relationships with friends, family, and neighbors.

7. Apply for a permit to use gunpowder.

8. Take a day's course and test shooting with a minimum score of 8.2.

9. Obtain a certificate from the arms dealer containing a description of the weapon the applicant wants.

10. Buy a standard case to store weapons and ammunition, along with a locker that meets safety standards.

11. Allow the police to inspect the applicant's weapons storage area.

12. Pass an additional background check.

13. Buy the weapons.

All these complicated procedures must be fulfilled in order to purchase two types of legal weapons that were circulating in Nikko, which was shotgun or air rifle.

That's why in Nikko, when there was a mass murder the headline was never "Mass Shooting" but "Mass Stabbing."

But all things have exceptions. For upper-class people who wanted to experience the thrill of firing a gun, they could join an illegal shooting club that provided military grade firearms for its members.

One of the firearms suppliers for illegal shooting club was Unagi Kenishiro. He lived on the south coast of Nichiko City. Right on a steep hillside where no one would have approached the area unless they were drunk or lost their way.

As an ex-Nikko Marine Corps, Unagi was very satisfied with the location of his cottage. Being able to enjoy the sea breeze every day and see the sun sink or rise was a great happiness for the old Unagi.

The evening sun had just about to set when Unagi walked to his cottage. He steadily walked the hike trail while carrying a fishing rod and tuna as big as a grown man's thigh. Like any other day, Unagi entered his hut through the side door and headed straight to kitchen. Then, without warning someone suddenly smothered him using a piece of cloth from behind.

Unagi did not know the effect of thick smelling liquid that was used to smother him, but he knew for sure he shouldn't inhale it. And even though he was old, Unagi was still capable of defending himself.

Unagi was surprised when he felt that the hand which held him was soft and weak. Therefore, even though he failed to knock out his attacker using a shoulder throw, without difficulty he removed the attacker’s grip and took some distance.

Unagi looked at his attacker while making an assessment. 'Almost perfect balance and stance, good at reading movement and how to counter it, but a very weak body. Even though he's wearing a balaclava, I can feel he's young.'

"Who sent you?"

"..."

"Fine."

Seeing his attacker chose to tightly seal his lips, Unagi no longer wasted his time and attacked. He tried to launch a body-blow with his right hand, but his opponent avoided it with a very small motion, and he even managed to position his rear waist against his left waist.

'This is bad!'

Unagi shrieked inwardly as his center of gravity shifted into one of his legs. He tried to counter it but his effort was in vain. His body then smoothly arose, being savagely thrown, and hitting the cottage's wall very hard.

When Unagi was still lying on the floor due to the dizziness, the attacker covered his mouth and nose using a cloth smeared with a strong-smelling liquid once again. Not long after that, Unagi fell asleep.

---

Like most other countries on Planet Terra, Nikko applied a very strict law regarding the use of military force, especially the use of Special Force Group (SFG) for domestic operation. Other than when martial law was on effect, SFG could only operate under Special Tactic Group (STG), which was affiliated with Nikko Federal Bureau (NFB). This policy was adopted to prevent the misuse of special force by irresponsible group or figure.

Unfortunately, the reality on the field often demands that military or intelligence services had to take direct action illegally, in order to eliminate an imminent threat to national security.

The illegal operation or Black Ops in the country was much more risky than Black Ops carried out in other country. For if it was known to public, every unit who participated in the operation would be liquidated indiscriminately. 

That was why when carrying out Black Ops in the country, SFG applied the doctrine of one operator for one mission, and the operator only received intelligence and money in cash without other support.

This was also the reason why in the SFG’s selection, the candidate would be asked to answer several simulation questions. The most frequently simulation was, intelligence service had detected an anti-government organization that wanted to launch a terror attack on a public facility. 

The number of personnel, weapons, attack methods, and hiding locations was known. NFB agents have also succeeded in infiltrating the cell, but the arrests would only be carried out when the attacker entered the targeted public facilities.

Of course, the military and intelligence services disagreed with the legal procedures that NFB had to adhere to. Not to mention, versus contact in public places could lead into unwanted victims and circumstance. An illegal operation was then designed and candidate had to provide the most effective way of carrying it out.

If candidate chose to eliminate everyone at the location, then he or she could continue to training phase. However, if the candidate tried to identify the undercover NFB agent and work with the agent, then the candidate would be declared as a failure by using the excuse of not meeting physical requirements or other parameters.

When this small interview was heard by NFB high-ranking officials, they immediately asked Supreme Court to liquidate SFG and asked Ministry of Defense to establish a new unit with a more law-abiding modus operandi.  

However, Supreme Court rejected the request because there was no concrete evidence that SFG was carrying out illegal operations in the country as mentioned in the interview. After this event, the relationship between SFG and NFB turned into a fire and water.

In his previous life, Hide was one of the best SFG operators in carrying out solo operations without support. And he often would look for Unagi to get untraceable and military grade firearm.

After moving Unagi onto sofa, Hide inspected every corner of the cottage. But he must be disappointed because he didn’t find the firearm he hoped for.  Whereas in his previous life Unagi always bragged that in his cottage he had a wide variety of firearms.

"Old bastard!" Hide cursed before sighed in silent.

In Unagi's cottage, Hide only found a Sieg Sauer P365, Mini Uzie, a 5.56 mm version of AEK-74SU, and several combat knives.

Both Sieg Sauer P365 and Mini Uzie were packaged in a shockproof Pelican Case and would float when it fell into water. Both weapons were cal. 9 mm, equipped with a sound suppressor, tactical flashlights, and three extra magazines.

As for the AEK-74SU, Hide found it in Unagi's wardrobe, without packaging and three extra magazines attached to it.

Hide immediately packed the weapon he found along with several boxes of ammunition. Then, he calculated the value of his purchases according to the price on the black market.

AEK-74SU, Minie Uzie, or Sieg Sauer P365 complete with extra magazines all were sold for 600 Dillar or 60 thousand Ren.

Mil-grade ammunition was 200-400 Dillar per carton of 500-round.

Sound suppressor for handgun or SMG was 800-1000 Dillar per unit.

Tactical flashlight complete with a spare battery for 500 hours of operation was 50-80 Dillar per unit.

Each month Hide receives 400-500 thousand Ren from his father, and after deducting the money for financial program for himself and Aizawa as well as registration fees for Kitaro Music School, his remaining savings were still sufficient to buy 5-6 weapons. Unfortunately, it turned out that he didn't get the weapon he wanted.

Hide puts his shopping money on the dining table with a vial of Hateur, a 2G cellphone that could only be used for calls and text, and a message on a piece of paper.

After confirming that Unagi was still alive and his vital were stable, Hide then left.

*****

5