HA1 3.4 – Of Their Own Accord
45 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 3.4 - Of Their Own Accord

On Tuesday Hide managed to record a distance of 7.9 km. On Wednesday, he added it by 7.7 km. So today, he only had to finish a distance of 6.4 km to complete his 22 km quota.

Hide was about to warm up when Isamu Sensei called all the runners and announced that half an hour ago an anonymous donor sent a donation of 200 thousand Ren, and chose Sayaka, Tenma, Hiroki, Tsugiyama, and Oda as runners.

Isamu Sensei felt that the amount of the donation was ridiculous considering that Running for Donation was already on its last day. So he sent an email to confirm whether the 200 km quota could be shared with other runners. 

Unfortunately, the donor still hadn't replied. This means, it could be because he or she was busy, or because he or she was trying to mess the Running for Donation. In the end, Isamu Sensei left the final decision to the runner chosen by the donor.

"I have no objection if the five of you are not willing to run. But if you do, I will be very grateful. Of course, I do not expect you to push yourself to get the 200 km quota."

After pondering for a while Sayaka raised her hand and asked, "Is it okay if the five of us don't complete the 200 km quota?"

Isamu Sensei firmly answered, "We'll transfer the money back for the unfulfilled quota. So, like I said, you don't have to push yourself."

Tenma excitedly said, "Then, let's take as much as we can and return the rest of the money."

In an instant, Tenma's words were greeted by applause and war cries from other runners.

---

Six runners were running in the athletic field at full speed. Five of them tried to record the distance as far as possible. Meanwhile, the last person tried to close his quota in the shortest possible time.

Sayaka and Tenma have started hiking since junior high school. The two of them also invested a lot of energy and time in training their bodies. Therefore it's not surprising if Tenma could run at 20 km/h like a marathon runner, while Sayaka easily maintained her speeds at 16 km/h.

As for Hiroki, Tsugiyama, and Oda, they had just started their hiking after they entered East Nichiko High. Even so, they could maintain their speeds at 12 km/h.

To be honest, if Sayaka, Tenma, and their three comrades continued to hold their speed within their body capacity, they would be fine. However, from the start they immediately stepped on the gas with a speed of 125% above their physical limits.

It was because when they were at the starting point, Hide had casually said, "I know you are the donors who chose me to run 22 km. So, I’m also wondering how tough your bodies are, or you all are just a bunch of boot-fuck bullshit."

Without second thought, Sayaka, Tenma, and their three colleagues immediately snatched the bait Hide had thrown on them. They immediately ran without any regard to rhythm or their current capacity. They even ignored the warnings that their brains had shouted out, when their bodies have entered the initial phase of dehydration.

Luckily, if someone ignored the warning from their brain and continued to carry out the activities that could cause a fatal damage, their brain would activate auto-shutdown or what was commonly known as fainting.

Apart from Oda who had to stop due to severe cramps at km.16, Tsugiyama fell unconscious on the track at km.20, Hiroki at km.28, and Tenma at km.36. As for Sayaka, she immediately lowered her speed as soon as her friends fell one by one. In the end, she managed to complete the 40 km quota. However, she fell unconscious a moment later.

As for Hide, he safely completed his quota. He was enjoying a can of supplement drink as he looked at Sayaka, Tenma, and the other three who were lying unconscious on a stretcher as paramedics took care of them.

Inwardly, Hide saluted and muttered, 'Your performance will never be forgotten.'

---

After doing her homework, Aizawa brushed her teeth before joining Hide in the living room. While Hide was watching the world in the news, Aizawa was playing online games using a smartphone.

When Aizawa returned his smartphone, Hide immediately told her that apart from morning exercise in the backyard, they would also swim in Beauty & the Beast every other day.

As soon as she heard the word swim, Aizawa's first response was, "Big Bro, buy Aizawa a bikini."

With widened eyes Hide instantly looked at Aizawa, 'How could a six year old little girl want a bikini?'

Hide then firmly saying, "No, you can't wear a bikini yet."

Aizawa immediately pursed her lips. "Why?"

"Bikini is clothes for 20 old year woman or older. It will be illegal for a cute six year old little girl like you to wear it."

"...?"

"If police arrest you Big Bro will be alone at home, or Aizawa wants to leave Big Bro?"

Aizawa immediately shook her head. "No, Aizawa won't leave Big Bro."

Hide smiled from ear to ear before lifting Aizawa into his chest, "Good, now it's time for bed."

Aizawa cheerfully wrapped her hand around Hide's neck, who with a big smile carried her into her bedroom. After arriving at the bedroom, Hide put Aizawa down on the bed, and while standing on the bed, Aizawa kissed Hide's cheek.

"Mwaaah... mwaaaah! Good night Big Bro."

Hide nodded slightly with a smile while Aizawa quickly slipped under the blanket.

After making sure Aizawa was fully covered, Hide then turned the main light off and returned to living room. He was about to sit back in front of the TV when a message from an unknown number entered his smartphone.

-Hide, this is Isamu Sensei. Sayaka and Tenma have just confessed that they specifically chose you for the 22 km run. They also had told me about your revenge. Do you want me to transfer the rest of your money back?-

Without delay Hide replied.

-Sensei, you don't need to transfer the money back, and sorry if I caused trouble today.-

-Well, your way of joking is too far. But I won't mind it as long as when Hiking Club enters a competition and needs additional people, you are willing to help.-

-In that case, I will help Hiking Club whenever Sensei asks me.-

-Good, I will also make sure Sayaka and Tenma won't bother you again. Good night.-

-Thank you and good night, Sensei.-

Hide took a deep breath before putting back his smartphone to the table, and while continuing to watch the world broadcast on the news, inwardly he considered several names he would choose as his partner in crime.

*****

6