HA1 5.2 – Training Improvement
58 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 5.2 - Training Improvement

It's not known to the public, but many elite military units override the aspects of building the body to the highest level, as their ultimate goal was to build the undying will power.

Therefore, it was not uncommon when in training personnel were thrown into situations that exceed their physical limits. For example, the personnel had to face an excessive physical activity without proper energy intake. It was a training method that actually could damage physical potential.

Then, why would such counterproductive methods was being applied?

The answer was that no matter how perfect, human physical capacity still had its limit. Meanwhile, will power was limitless as far as one knew how to dig them.

There were many examples where a personnel had lost all of his comrades, while his energy, mental, and adrenaline had been drained out, but the personnel was still able to complete the mission thanks to his undying will power that transcends human boundaries.

In his previous life, Hide had successfully passed the training commonly known as 'Testing the limit of human spirit', and the results of the training were still properly stored in his soul to this day.

Therefore, in this life Hide only needed to build his physical capacity to the highest potential. Like professional athletes who over the years built muscles they needed. One but perfect thin layer that was combined with the next thin but better layer.

Five days have passed since Hide accompanied Takeo to learn how to drive. As usual he went to Beauty & the Beast after school. Today, his training routine was a 40-minute marathon swim. 

Hide did the swim by circling the edge of the pool and changing styles each time he completed a lap. Of course, currently he was still unable to use full speed for 40 minutes. But at least, he was able to do it at moderate speed.

As soon as Hide finished his swim, Hanna immediately helped him dry his body, and then asked him to lie down on the mat not far from the edge of the pool. The sports massage session then began.

Sports massage should be applied while the body was still warm, and if the recipient's body was too cold, baby oil or a special blanket must be used. For Hide, Hanna chose to use a special thin blanket that could hold body heat.

Five minutes after Hanna started the massage, Hide's body was flooded with sweat. A positive sign, because it means that the lactic acid or the burning residue that had accumulated in his muscles was being burned out. Sweat that was pouring down profusely was also a sign that Hide's blood circulation was running smoothly.

When Hanna massaged Hide's arm, she felt an additional of muscle layer. So she asked, "Hide, apart from my menu, have you done other exercises that require a specific arm swinging movements?"

"Yes, every morning I throw a tennis ball at a target on the wall by swinging my arms like a whip from below. I do it as a means of stress relief. There are at least 200 reps per session."

A lie smoothly slid out from Hide's teeth, as what he threw every morning was combat knives and not tennis balls. But of course, Hanna didn't know that she was being lied to.

Hanna casually said, "Well, it makes your arms stronger and more flexible. It also doesn't clash my menu. You can carry it as long as you apply adequate rest and nutrition intake."

“Okay.”

Hanna then smiled a little before continuing, "Looks like you are also getting used to my massage."

"Yupe,” Hide briefly replied.

Hanna clearly remembered when Hide told her that he wasn't used to being massaged, right before the first massage session started. At that time, she ignored Hide's warning, and the first session ended in a fight.

Luckily, in the second session a mutual understanding between the two was slowly forming. Hanna was extra careful when she gave the acupressure, while Hide tried desperately not to squirm.

And now, in the fifth session, Hide was able to lie down like a wooden block so that Hanna could do her job with ease.

With a teasing tone, Hanna then asked, "Hide, what about sex? If you can't let a woman touch you, how are you going to do it?"

Hide calmly answered, "I'll tie my partner's feet and hands, as well as gag her mouth and blind folded her eyes. Maybe I'll also sedate her first so I can do it freely."

Hanna reflexively frowned. "Hide, I hope no woman will marry you."

Hanna then squeezed Hide's butt as hard as she could, and a hysterical scream suddenly was heard to every corner of the pool.

---

Under the twilight sun Hide walked out of Beauty & The Beast, and he immediately frowned as Takeo walked over to him with a smile. Even so, Hide did not avoid Takeo.

As he walked next to Hide, Takeo said cheerfully, "I had met your target today. I can park backward at full speed. As for the symmetrical maneuver, from the starting point to the endpoint I can reach a maximum speed of 80 km/h and only hold the steering wheel with one hand."

“Well done.”

A proud smile spreaded across Takeo's lips before he continued, "Is there another target I need to meet?"

Hide casually answered, "No, higher targets won't have any effect, it's about time you change the menu."

"Change the menu?"

A question mark appeared on Takeo's forehead as Hide continued.

"On the west side of Old Pier, you will find two tracks of used tires, each 3 meters wide, forming the letters Z and S, and from end to end both are 500 meters long. You can measure them using Google earth if you don't believe me."

“…”

Hide paused for a moment before continuing, "Starting tomorrow, apply symmetric maneuver and free maneuver on those tracks, as many as possible but with the same quota."

"Is that the last practice before I can ride on the highway?"

"No, what you have been doing so far is a small warm-up. The basic training is what you will do from tomorrow. Then, you can go for a more complex menu before going for a drive on the highway." 

Takeo nodded before hesitatingly asking, "Can I ask a question that has nothing to do with your menu?"

"What is it?"

"What is the difference between SOHC and DOHC engines?"

"SOHC is a Single Over Head Camshaft. DOHC is a Double Over Head Camshaft. For more details, you can find it on the internet."

Takeo let out a long sigh before saying, "I've been reading various references on the internet for past few days, but I still don't get a picture that I can understand."

Hide then led Takeo into an alley, and leaned against a wall before saying, "I'll give you a quick overview. So listen carefully."

"Okay."

"Imagine there are four lanes, some vehicles only have two lanes, but for my explanation we will use four lanes as a reference."

After Takeo nodded slightly, Hide continued his explanation.

In the SOHC engine, the four lanes were used to pump air and fuel into combustion chamber, as well as to pump out the combustion residues. This alternating pump-in and the pump-out cycle would produce rpm at low-medium levels, around 4000-6000 rpm.

The single input and output system made the engine’s size very compact. For example, Hondha Civix, to remove its engine, it only took 2-3 people to lift it without the need for a pulley. It was also made the engine more fuel-efficient, but it could be very dirty if you were late for service.

With a medium-level rpm, the vehicle would also have a very responsive acceleration. It meant the car would be very comfortable to use to overtake other car in the crowded traffic, or to maneuver on the road that could not be said to be a turn but also not a straight one.

"Now for the DOHC engine."

Without giving Takeo time to digest his explanation, Hide continued.

In a DOHC engine, there were four lanes for pumping air and fuel into the combustion chamber, as well as four other lanes for pumping out the combustion residues. This simultaneous pumping in and out cycle produces a fairly high rpm, at least around 8000 rpm.

The separate input and output system made the DOHC engine bigger and heavier. For example Toyoto Correla, to install or remove its engine a pulley was needed. The rate of fuel consumption was also higher than SOHC engine in the same class, but the engine would not be fussy even though it was rarely being serviced.

With a high rpm, the vehicle had a lot of power and was comfortable to use on an empty straight road. Compared to SOHC engines, DOHC engines also excel when the car had to make full turns. Because in the same gear the DOHC engine had a higher rpm, and a higher rpm means more power that was vital for pushing the car body when turning.

Hide look at Takeo's excited face before giving a serious warning, "However, to be able to feel and take advantage of a DOHC or SOHC engine, you need at least 5000 hours of intense training. So don't think about it for now.

And as I said before, focus on your training and we shouldn't have interaction in public too often."

Takeo nodded, and then he asked another question, "How about a twin-cam engine?"

Hide sighed silently, but he still answered Takeo's question.

"The twin-cam engine only has four lanes like SOHC engine, but each lane is divided into two. Half is the fuel and air inlet and the other half is the exit for the combustion residues."

While Takeo nodded, Hide asked, "Can I go now?"

"Ummm... yeah."

"Thank you."

Wasting no time Hide then took his leave. He had to get home before Aizawa, so he had to hurry. Meanwhile, Takeo was standing still in his place, lost in thought to digest the enlightenment he had just received.

*****

5