HA1 8.1 – Second Hunt
37 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 8.1 - Second Hunt

During the lunch break, Hide received a message from Takeo to meet at the usual place. Therefore, as soon as class ended he rushed to the roof. 

At the door to the roof, he waited for a few minutes before Takeo appeared.

"Why do you want to meet?"

Takeo smiled before replying, "I've got some info for you to study."

"So fast." Even if it was just a glimpse, an admiration filled Hide's face.

"I pretend to be sick during the gym lesson and use the resting time to log into District Attorney and Nichiko Construction and Developer Association's servers."

After a small nod, Hide opened the door to the roof using two small iron sticks, then rushed to one corner with Takeo.

While handing over a memory card, Takeo said, "I got the names of Toruma Mafia members along with their cell phone numbers. By using GPS log, I mapped out their location. Turns out, more than 200 Toruma Mafia members are stand-by in Sakura Shopping District.

Meanwhile, NCDA is not only targeting Sakura Shopping District, but also the eight blocks around it. Including the block where you live. They intend to build a super mall, high-class apartment, and an international theme park. The project is called Sakura Project."

Without wasting time, Hide inserted the memory card into a tablet without any connection and studied it right away. A moment later he turned to Takeo.

"We need more cell phone numbers and I have a good trick to tag GPS features on a smartphone."

"Teach me the trick."

"I will, but more importantly, can you go out tonight?"

"At midnight my parents are home. So I can go out any day as long as it's past midnight."

"Meet me in front of Kenzo Bowling, past midnight."

A question mark instantly filled Takeo's forehead, "Isn't Kenzo Bowling located in the Red Light District?"

"To be precise, the Red Light District block that Toruma Mafia controls. They're busy with Sakura Shopping District, so we're going to visit their home ground."

"Okay. Do I need any preparations?"

"No, but from today onwards Aizawa will sleep at Kitaro every Monday, Thursday, and Friday. So we'll be going out a lot at night."

"Understood."

A moment later, Hide and Takeo left the rooftop with a gap of ten minutes.

---

In front of a closed shop across of Kenzo Bowling, every night there was a truck cafe that sold a variety of drinks and snacks. On one of the chairs, Takeo sat casually while enjoying ginger tea and a small plate of sweet potato chips.

However, when looked closely, he was actually observing Kenzo Bowling through the glass window of the closed shop. A wireless earpiece was also lodged in his ear, connected to a motorella digital mini walkie-talkie in his jacket's pocket.

More or less, similar to the ambush on Aizen Mafia's money delivery, Takeo had the impression that the current hunt wasn't the first time for Hide. But he didn't ask any questions and focused on his task.

As three men exited Kenzo Bowling's lobby and walking into the dark alley next to it, Takeo reached his walkie-talkie and sent short static three times in a row. Next, he only needed to wait for a signal from Hide, should he go to the RV point or continue his job as a spotter?

'What a cold night.'

Takeo rubbed his hands together before taking a sip of his ginger tea. Then, two people who were walking in front of Kenzo Bowling caught his attention.

The first person was a middle-aged man who was walking with a stagger. It seemed he was drunk. Meanwhile, the second person was a girl who casually supported the man. Takeo didn't recognize the middle-aged man, but he knew the girl.

Shizuka Oda, national karate champion for open weight class since 2nd grade of junior high school. She was currently a sophomore at East Nichiko High and happened to be in the same class as Takeo.

Takeo clearly remembered Shizuka wasn't a smart girl. Her grades at school were slightly below average. But in physical appearance, hardly anyone can match her.  Her secret worship club even crowned her as the prettiest student since East Nichiko High was founded.

A big question mark appeared in Takeo's mind as he muttered, 'Does she work as a part-time call girl?'

Although curiosity filled his mind, Takeo did not forget his job. He carefully watched Shizuka and the unknown man. He was ready to press the PTT button on the walkie-talkie, but the two passed through the alley next to Kenzo Bowling and entered the next one.

---

Tamie Alley, located next to Kenzo Bowling, wide enough for a car to pass, extended 200 meters long and connected two main roads, but it's lit only by two dim post lamps.

With steady steps, three men walked down Tamie Alley. The three had fierce faces and wore flamboyant clothes. The man in the middle had a small bag in his left armpit, while his right hand had a cigarette. The other two men proudly displayed the daggers tucked into their waist.

Just as the three fierce men passed the second post lamp, three steel nails as big as chopsticks shot out from a dark corner.

Stab!  Stab!  Stab!!

Almost simultaneously, the three nails stabbed into the three men's chest up to ⅔ part. Their bodies instantly froze, then fell to their knees before collapsing onto the ground. A moment later, thick foam flowed from their mouths.

No matter how deep, a stab wound from a steel nail the size of a chopstick would not result in an instant kill. However, the nerve venom that coated the ends of the steel nails was capable of killing an 800 kg bull in six seconds. In addition, Hide also ensured that the venom he made had a shock effect that would completely paralyze the victim in 0.2 - 0.5 seconds.

Without wasting time, Hide came out from his hiding place and got to work. First, he checked the small bag lying on the paving.

'Three bundles of 100 thousand Ren.'

After putting the booty into the inner pocket of his jacket, Hide pulled out the steel nails on his victims' chests. Wrapped them in duct tape into one, put them in a ziplock bag, and then saved it in his backpack.

That way, the police and members of Toruma Mafia wouldn't know for sure the tools he used, and wouldn't have the initiative to track or record the steel nail buyers.

'Last touch.'

Swiftly, Hide took the cell phone from the pocket of the man who carried the money and copied the data inside it into a memory card. Then, when the copying process had only reached 50%, he heard heavy footsteps from behind the wall in front of him.

On reflex, Hide's left hand pulled the silenced Sieg P365 from holster under his right armpit, and aimed it at the silhouette that was jumping over the wall.

*****

5