HA1 8.3 – Nightclub
34 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 8.3 - Nightclub

While the other students were doing their physics assignments, Shizuka pensively looked out of the window. After her meeting with Hide last night, she decided to quit her job at Kenzo Bowling. So far, she had been able to compromise with the gropers, but who knew before they went any further.

Shizuka continued to ponder until the bell for lunch break finally rang. 'Time to find out how to join Hide's night club.'

With steady steps Shizuka walked over to Takeo, and then she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"We need to talk."

"Huh?"

A look of surprise filled Takeo's face before he frowned. He didn't know how much Shizuka knew. But he knew with certainty that interaction with her should be avoided. So reflexively, Takeo tried to let go of Shizuka's arm.

"No tha-kugh..."

"As if you have the power to refuse me."

Without hesitation Shizuka tightened her arm until it almost strangled Takeo. And, even though Takeo tried to resist, she easily dragged him out of the classroom. Then she led him to the broom closet at the end of the corridor, while ignoring the other students' whispers and stares.

---

Ever since East Nichiko High was founded, the broom closet was just an ordinary room to store cleaning equipment, nothing more nothing less. But then, in her first year Shizuka used it as a room to beat an upperclassman who dared to smack her butt.

After that, she developed a habit to use broom room on any floor as a spot for talking and beating. Therefore, the other students called the broom closet as Shizuka's Torture Chamber, be it on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor.

While Takeo massaged his aching neck, Shizuka blatantly stated her intention. 

"How can I join your nightclub?"

"Night club? What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb, last night I saw you sitting at the truck cafe across from Kenzo Bowling, while Hide took action in Tamie alley. After that, you two regrouped at the small playground a few blocks away."

Takeo replied firmly, "So what? I saw you on a date with a drunk too."

Shizuka's left eyebrow spontaneously rose upwards. "Twig, that's my father."

"Huh? Sorry, don't know about that," Takeo said weakly.

"Never mind, just tell me what I want to know or the other members at least."

"Honestly, talk to Hide directly. I'm just an errand boy."

"Even an errand boy will know a thing or two."

"You overestimate me."

"Well, just a gentle reminder, I still remember your weakness since kindergarten."

"That's a long long long time ago." Takeo tried to look tough, but unfortunately his voice was shaking a little.

So, after taking a deep breath Shizuka then said, "Don't blame me, you forced my hand."

Casually, Shizuka took out a transparent plastic bag containing two cockroaches from her jacket pocket and thrust it in front of Takeo's nose. Takeo's eyes instantly widened, and then he collapsed to the floor with his eyes turning white.

"I told you I still remember your weakness."

Swiftly, Shizuka then took Takeo's smartphone and checked its contents. Unfortunately, she only found Hide's number but no messages or calls to the number.

"Let's try something then,'' murmured Shizuka as she sent a message to Hide.

Takeo:

//Hide, what is our next target?//

Hide:

//Dear Miss Oda, did you kill our poor Takeo?//

Takeo:

//How in the absolute fuck do you know this is not Takeo?//

Hide:

//We don't use personal numbers to communicate.//

"Damn!"

Shizuka pursed her lips while returned Takeo's smartphone. Then, she woke him up and the answer and question session started immediately.

---

As someone who had to go through it twice, for Hide school life was boring as hell. The only thing that became his consolation when he was at school was lunch at the cafeteria.

Therefore, when he saw Takeo being dragged by Shizuka into her torture chambers, Hide chose to ignore him. And, as soon as he arrived at the cafeteria he ordered his favorite dish, the steamed tofu roll.

Steamed tofu roll was made of ground chicken meat and white tofu, mixed with chopped carrots, leeks, and mushrooms, eggs, corn starch, seasoning, and spices, then rolled in tofu skins and steamed.

For variety, the chicken meat was sometimes replaced with shrimp or white flesh fish. One serving consists of three rolls served with tomato sauce, chili oil, and thinly sliced ​​and rolled cucumbers and radishes. Hide really liked steamed tofu roll because it was high in protein, but low in oil.

Every day, he would order three servings of steamed tofu roll, along with white rice, mushroom soup, zucchini chips, apples, and a glass of ice lime water, then sit in one corner. He was annoyed at having to reply to Shizuka's text, but luckily the conversation was short.

'What a good lunch.'

Cheerfully, Hide began devouring his lunch. Unfortunately, fifteen minutes later two people suddenly sat across from him.  They were Takeo who somehow had a face as pale as a corpse, and Shizuka who somehow looked a little sour.

Without hiding his annoyance Hide said, "Whatever it is, make it quick."

"Hide, I want to join your nightclub."

'Nightclub?' Hide turned to Takeo before asking, "What did you say to her?"

"Not a word," Takeo answered proudly, though his face was still as pale as a corpse.

After taking a mouthful of ice lime water, Hide turned to Shizuka. "Your grip on reality is too loose."

"Hide, don't bullshit me." Shizuka then lowered her voice before continuing, "Think about it, I'm stronger than Takeo the Twig, have a scooter driving license, and know the Red Light District better. In short, I'm more useful than The Twig."

Hide casually replied, "I don't bullshit you. I and Takeo don't form any clubs. We just sometimes look for extra pocket money, that's all. Also, from my perspective Takeo is more useful than you."

"Even so, I believe I can bring benefits for both of you." Shizuka took a deep look at Hide before continuing, "You also know I can do what you did last night, while The Twig can't."

The sharp determination in Shizuka's gaze made Hide sighed silently. Shizuka did have the potential to make the job easier. The problem was, Hide prioritized motivation over capability.

"Tell me, why do you want to join me and Takeo?"

Shizuka answered without hesitation, "Four months ago I found out that my father was diagnosed with cancer and he will not make it through this year.

Right now he's working twice as hard to raise money. Because he knows I don't want to live with my mother who is married to a 10-years younger man."

After a moment of silence, Hide said calmly, "After school, let's meet again on the roof of Left Wing Building."

"Okay."

A smile as warm as the morning sun spread across Shizuka's lips. Meanwhile, Takeo pursed his lips, but he didn't say a word.

"Now, let me enjoy my lunchtime in peace. It's a precious moment for me."

"Roger."

Without wasting any time, Shizuka then dragged Takeo.

*****

4