HA1 14.2 – Suspicion
71 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 14.2 - Suspicion

As he opened a pack of another instant ramen Hide said, "Now we can talk about our next step."

"Okay."

"I got seven 1-kg gold bars from the villa. Two pieces, we will give them to Anya. The rest, I will cash them via Totsuka Firm and we will divide them into three equally."

"Hide, I don't mind if we give more to Anya."

"For now two pieces is enough, and for the next hunting we will always set aside some of the harvests for Anya. Because now we are her only family."

Takeo nodded slightly before saying, "I agree, but for the distribution of the other five pieces, are you sure we will divide it equally? I mean, you were the one who took the biggest risk."

"I already took my high-risk fees."

"I see. Then, what about the plan to bring Anya to Hakaido?"

"Toruma Mafia will send spotters to every public transportation in Nichiko. Therefore, I and Anya will depart from train station in Aida City."

"Can I and Shizuka go to Hakaido too?"

"No, you can't, but I need you to take me and Anya to Aida City."

"Consider it's done."

"Good, after Shizuka wakes up, ask her to buy an elementary school uniform, knit head cover, jacket, neutral glasses, school bag, mid-end smartphone, and traveling bag for Anya. Meanwhile, you rest here and accompany Anya."

"Okay." After silence for a moment Takeo asked, "May I know the place where Anya will stay?"

"No, but this reclusive family is Anya's only hope. I'll do everything to convince them to accept her."

"Are you sure Anya will be okay over there?"

"Yeah."

"I mean, we just killed her family..."

Takeo didn't continue his words, while Hide took a deep breath.

"Anya's situation is not as simple as you think."

A big question mark immediately filled Takeo's forehead, "Is there something that I don't know?"

Initially, Hide wanted to explain Anya's situation when Shizuka woke up later. However, it seemed that he had to explain it immediately.

"Elder Moruyama is a pedophile and Anya is one of his victims."

"Wait... You mean..." Takeo gasped, and as his gaze filled with complicated emotion, he turned it to the bathroom where Anya was taking a shower.

"That old bastard was a piece of rotten garbage." Hide took a deep breath before continuing, "Every time a little girl dies in his hands, he will bury her under the Purple Orchid because he believes their soul will make the flower bloom more beautiful."

"What a sick bastard!!"

"Mafia Elders often ask women from other families for compensation, while that piece of shit will ask for little girl."

Takeo subconsciously clenched his fists tightly, "We should torture him before we kill him."

"Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury. But at least, we managed to save Anya, because only suffering awaits her if she stays with Toruma Mafia."

"I see," Takeo replied as he tried his best to calm his boiling heart.

"Well..." Hide ate the last piece of ramen in his hands before continuing, "I have some things to do, so see you this noon and make sure you are in a good shape to drive."

"I'll do my best to get a proper rest."

"Good."

Without delay, Hide then left Pine Abode. First, he had to meet Kato at Totsuka Firm, and then Hanna at Beauty & The Beast, and last but not least Aizawa in Kitaro.

---

In the lobby of Beauty & the Beast, Hanna gave Hide an icy glare. But in truth, she didn't know what she would do. She was really angry with Hide, but after she remembered that Hide was just a high school kid, she didn't know how to express her anger.

The problem, was that Hide looked back at her casually as if ignoring her text message and call was a trivial matter. After taking a deep breath, Hanna then opened the conversation.

"You already know that Monday is my day-off and I came to Beauty & the Beast just to accompany you to exercise, but you didn't come without telling me first."

"I'm really sorry. Yesterday, I didn't even go to school, neither did today."

"Why?" Hanna curiously asked.

"A distant relative was in a complicated circumstance and came asking for help. Today, I have to take her back to Hakaido and only come back this weekend." Hide then took a deep breath before continuing, "I want to explain my circumstances before I go, or my heart won't settle down."

"Fine." In the end, Hanna could only sigh in silence. "Follow me to my office. Yesterday, I asked you to go out because I had something important to talk about."

"You have your own office?"

Hanna casually replied, "I also take care of the administration and finances of Beauty & the Beast. So, naturally I have a nice working room."

"I see," Hide replied as he got the feeling that it seemed he only knew Hanna on the surface.

---

'This isn't just a nice working room,' Hide muttered as he glanced at every corner of Hanna's office.

The room was not only spacious but also equipped with a billiard table, sofa, 42" LED TV, mini bar, large refrigerator, massage chair, and inner bathroom. Moreover, Hide also found the room was sound isolated.

"Is this room really yours?"

"Of course it's mine, but don't ask too many questions. Sooner or later you will know everything about me."

"Understood."

A moment later, Hanna and Hide were sitting side by side on the sofa.

As she played with the back of Hide's palm Hanna said, "Hide, have you heard of the project to redevelop Sakura Shopping District into a super mall?"

"Yeah, I've also heard of some incidents related to it."

Hanna nodded slightly before saying, "This is still unknown to the public, but the project is much bigger and will also take up eight blocks around Sakura Shopping District. So, tell your father you guys need to move out soon."

"Why do we have to move out?"

"Because the project is supported by two national-level politicians and several large corporations. Therefore, the land acquisition process can be very rough."

"That sucks, changing living places can also mean changing schools."

"Hey," Hanna smiled cheerfully before continuing, "I'll help your dad find a house near your school, roughly the same size, quality, and installments as your old house."

"That's a complicated thing. How will you do it?"

"I know the right people to help me. When your dad has free time I'll send a real estate agent to talk to him."

"Okay."

Without second thought, Hide accepted Hanna's offer, even though he knew that Sakura Project would be canceled. Or more precisely, he would do everything to thwart it.

"What about Beauty & the Beast? Isn't this place very close to Sakura Shopping District?"

Hanna confidently replied, "We just need to do a little renovation as an adjustment to the new environment."

"I see."

Hanna then took out a debit card from her wallet and handed it over to Hide. "In case you have an emergency on your trip to Hakaido."

Hide smiled before saying, "You sound like a sugar mommy."

"Don't call me sugar mommy." Hanna pursed her lips before continuing, "Also, you have to return it when you get back here."

"Okay."

"One more thing, you owe me a dinner as an apology."

"Well," Hide looked around the room before turning to look at Hanna, "I never thought you were a Highly Maintenance Babe. So, I don't think I can afford something up to your standard."

"Normally, I only accept dinner dates in a restaurant with a minimum rate of 4,000 Ren/person. But for you, a family restaurant with a rate of 1200 Ren/person will do as long as you use your own money."

While some doubt lingering in his heart, Hide asked, "Are you sure you can eat in a family restaurant?"

"I'm."

"Well, my father has a voucher at a good restaurant, how about we use it? I know it's not my money, but it would be a shame if we didn't use it."

Hanna smiled before saying, "Let’s eat in both places."

"Okay, we'll do that then."

---

After Hide left, Hanna fell into deeply pondering at her working desk. When Hide came, she could easily see that he looked very tired. The fatigue was not just physical, but also mental fatigue as could be seen on the faces of professional boxers in the last round.

Moreover, she smelled blood from Hide's fingers. It had been covered by the smell of soap, but Hanna could still smell it faintly. The problem was she didn't find any bruises in Hide's palm or knuckles.

'Hide, what did you do yesterday?'

The more Hanna thought about it, the more she became curious. Fortunately, she had lent her debit card. Therefore, as soon as Hide used it she would be able to track his location and what he bought.

*****

3