HA2 5.2 – Equipment for the Workshop
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking over equipment, kit, compound, and other things from Otsu’s personal lab went smoothly. First, it was because the equipment was only portable model or hand-held type. Secondly, Otsu neatly stored their original package. 

Some nurses who just came home had saw Hide, Takeo, and Shizuka busily moved various packages from Otsu’s lodging, but they didn’t ask any question or extended their curiosity. And so, in less than two hours everything had been moved to Black Subaru and Black Triton.

After gulping down two mouthfuls of mineral water Hide looked at Takeo and Shizuka. “Good job.”

“Yeah,” Takeo happily replied.

After he exchanged sport massage with Shizuka, Takeo became more cheerful and energetic. He still struggled to complete his basic training in Hiking Club, but now he treated it as a challenge rather than an obligation.

At the same time, Shizuka turned her gaze to living room where Otsu laid unconsciously. “Hide, why does Otsu try to sell drug when she already had a highly paid job?”

“Dunno,” Hide casually replied. “But as long as she doesn’t compromise our job, I don’t mind having cooperation with her. She will become a great help when we need certain chemical compound.”

“I will dig some information about her later,” Takeo calmly said.

“That’s good idea,” Hide gave his agreement. “As for now, you two return to our workshop first, but wait for me before moving in our loot.” 

Takeo pondering for a moment before asking, “Can we start to move it in before you arrive?”

“How is your body right now?”

“Tired as hell, but the sport massage makes the ache and sore in my body gone without a trace. Also, after my body starting received sport massage, no matter how tired, as long as I get enough sleep, I will wake up in prime condition the next day.”

“Hide, we will do it moderately until you joint us,” Shizuka expressed her agreement to Takeo’s idea. “Moreover, the earlier we start it, the faster we can go home and rest our body.”

“Okay,” Hide didn’t argue and give his consent. “Use the pallet and forklift in the armory. The manual on how to use it is being pinned in the wall next to the door.”

“Roger,” Takeo happily replied.

Wasting no time Takeo and Shizuka then took their leave. Meanwhile, Hide went to take Otsu’s smartphone. He had to clone it so he could replace his fingers print that Otsu had stored. Cloning Otsu’s smartphone would also enable him to sniff a sign of betrayal from her.

With ease Hide used Otsu’s fingerprint to unlock her smartphone. He stopped for a moment as he observed background picture that displayed Otsu, a toddler, and an old woman. But it was only a moment paused, without delay Hide then continued his intention to clone Otsu’s smartphone.

After that, Hide went to cook a pack of instant ramen. He also fried some red wiener and eggs as side dish.

--- 

Slowly but surely, Otsu regained her conscious. The first thing that came into her mind was, ‘Where am I? Am I already arrived in afterlife?’

Then, as she pondered what kind of treatment she would receive, Otsu suddenly smelled the sharp and fragrant aroma of spicy curry instant ramen. She was very familiar with it as it’s her favorite instant ramen.

‘Do they will welcome me with my favorite ramen? It seems they also prepare some fried red wiener and eggs.’

Otsu wondered as she slowly opened her eyes, and she was welcomed by ceiling she knew very well. The room was only dimly lit, but she was very sure it’s living room in her lodging. Then, when she weakly turned her head to check her surrounding, she found Hide actually sat not too far from her. He was happily enjoying a bowl of ramen along with fried red wiener and eggs, in a way that didn’t make any sound in the slightest.

‘He is definitely not a human,’ Otsu spontaneously concluded.

Then, she checked her whole body and found out that she didn’t have any strength. She couldn’t even lift her arm. But at least, her clothes was still neatly covered her body and she didn’t feel any pain or weird sensation. Even so, Otsu fully realized that her biggest worry was still with her in the room. 

“Bastard Arnulfo, why did you anesthetize me?”

“My friends came to help me moved the equipment from your personal lab, and you couldn’t see their face.”

“Someone like you have some friends?” Otsu asked as her eyes reflected a big doubt.

“I do.” Hide swallowed a piece of red wiener he had silently chewed before continuing, “In my line of work, team work is essential. It give the opposing side another target to shoot at.”

“I see,” Otsu replied as her negative sentiment to Hide spiked to the sky. ‘He is truly not a human.’

“I find my dope in your freezer. It seems you have used a few drops to analyze it.”

“I want to replicate it,” Otsu admitted. “But its structure is too complex, way beyond my understanding.” 

“I will buy it back,” Hide calmly said as he put a big envelope full of money next to Otsu. “1000 Dillar or 100.000 Ren per vial.”

“I guess I can’t refuse.”

“Yep,” Hide firmly replied. “I also have to destroy your home-made dope.”

“Why?”

“To prevent you from doing stupid thing like enter drug market on your own, and then pop-up on the radar of some nasty drug dealers or Metro Police, and then pull me in into a trouble.”

“I guess I also have to comply for this one.”

“Yep.”

“Well, at least I don’t need to rent this place anymore.” 

Hide could sense a bit of bitterness in Otsu’s tone, but he didn’t dig deeper and maintain a measured distance for their relationship.

“When you have the ingredient I need, send me a text you want share fruit, bread, or other food you just bought.” Hide put a 2G cellphone next to Otsu as he continued, “I will then send a message about the location and time.”

“Okay.”

“See you then.”

After washing the dish he had used, Hide then took his leave. Meanwhile, Otsu stayed lying down in the living room. Even after she regained her strength, she continued to silently staring the ceiling above her.

--- 

In the dark and empty abandoned subway substation, Shizuka calmly pulled a 1.2x1.2 meter pallet using a hand-towed forklift. She had to walk around 50 meter before arriving in the edge of railway where a Black Van was parked. After lowering the pallet to the floor and locking the forklift’s wheels, she immediately went down to the railway, and under the lighting of a portable lamp she moved 18 ammo cans from Black Van into the pallet. 

The first twelve cans had description label saying: FEDERAL, 900 rounds x 5.56 mm, M855 Ball FMJ, Gross weight: 13.6 kg. 

While the last six cans had description label saying: FEDERAL, 1000 rounds x 9 mm, HydraShok FMJ +P+, Gross weight: 15.9 kg.

Then, Shizuka just about to put the last ammo can into trolley when she realized that somebody stood just two meters in her left. In an instant, her face turned as pale as white sheet, while the hairs in her nape stood up straight to its end. Throughout her life, this was the first time somebody or something had managed to sneak on her fully undetected. 

While preparing herself for the worst, Shizuka turned her head to check the ghostly figure. And she instantly threw a silent curse as she found out that the figure turned out was Hide. He was standing still while casually looked back at her.

“Damn you Hide!!” Shizuka let out her anger before continuing, “Are you trying to get me a heart attack?”

“I was about to call you, when you suddenly freeze in your place.”

‘Liar.’ Shizuka protested inwardly. Then, she taking a deep breath before saying, “I and Takeo had already moved everything from Black Triton, and this is the last batch from this car.”

“You two are truly a hardworking young couple.”

Shizuka happily smiled before replying, “So far you always take the heavy share in every job. Therefore, I and Takeo decide we will take the labor share as much as we can.”

“I see.” 

Hide wouldn’t object if Takeo and Shizuka wanted to whip themselves. As long as they didn’t stupidly expose their safety both mentally and physically to unnecessary risk, it was always a good thing to have hardworking teammates.

“This pallet still has enough space for lab equipment in Black Zubaru, let’s move them too.”

“Okay.”

Hide then took Shizuka to Black Zubaru which he parked only a dozen meter from Black Van. Along the way, Shizuka concluded that Hide must be had arrived when she was loading the loot to the lift. Then, he was silently waiting in the darkness before deliberately spooking her.

‘Damn. Twig didn’t lie.’ 

Shizuka stole a glance at Hide as she moved the first lab device to the pallet. Previously, Takeo had told her that in their first hunt, when they waited for their prey, alone in the middle of darkness, Hide had transform into an eerie figure. Now, she had experienced it. There was something totally different about Hide when he was in middle of dark and quiet place.

*****

0