Chapter Four – The Talk
587 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meeting my family downstairs, I found Kushina, Minato, and Naruto dressed up. Naruto is now seven, and he's started his initial training as he will be joining the academy next year. I also went through the trouble of revolutionizing this world's fashion sense, so people don't look stupid or lose any more toes. Naruto is wearing black sneakers, dark slate jeans, and a grey button-up shirt. Minato, heh. I was able to convince him to upgrade to a slate-black suit with his Hokage coat and hat. That's the one thing I wasn't able to burn was that damn hat. I wish it could just be a pin, but he still looks stylish. Momma is probably the most beautiful woman I might've ever seen in, you know, outside grown-up Z2 and a few other known goddesses. She's wearing a sparkling red Chinese-style dress with black wedge sandals and red, upper-arm length, open-finger gloves.

Reaching her hand towards me, Kushina asks, "Alright sweety, you ready to go?" I nod my head excitedly and take her hand into my free hand, and we leave to where they are holding the banquet.

Every year, the hosts change, and this year, its the Hyuga's turn.

In a world where cars aren't a thing, the family decided to run. I climbed onto Kushina's back where she carried me because, you know, I'm five and tiny still. At the same time, I'm still adorable. After five minutes of ninja speedrunning, which shocked me how long that took, we arrived at the gates of the Hyuga family main estate. It always took us two at most, but after a quick explanation, I learned that we always used the direct gate, not the main gate for guests.

After joining the line of people waiting to be announced, I was practically hopping on my heels, far too excited to get to see Hanabi. Yeah, I think it's pretty likely I've fallen for the child. Well, I've got time, maybe when she graduates, I can ask her on a date... yeah, that may be too late. I'm gonna have to confess earlier than that if I want to be considered. Otherwise, some bullshit political marriage will get shoved onto her.

--Third Person POV change focusing on Kushina for a while. Might keep the writing style, but for Akane--

Kushina looked over at Akane's variating expressions, extremely worried about her. At first, Akane was gleeful, then thoughtful, then a bit confused, then blushed to match her hair, then changed to a face I've never seen on her before, extremely pissed and viscous.

'Is she okay? What could she possibly have thought of to make a five-year-old who, sure, isn't innocent but is still a very good girl, that pissed off?' Kushina turned toward Minato and nudged him, and nodded toward Akane, who at this point was so deep in thought she entirely missed this. "I'm gonna go talk to Akane. We'll be back once I've figured out what's wrong." She whispered toward him. Minato nodded back and said, "Okay, I'll keep an eye on Naruto. Be safe." He gave a small worried smile and focused back on the line and Naruto.

Kushina knelt and placed a hand on Akane's shoulder, drawing her out of her thoughts and relaxing her face. Feeling slightly better now that her daughter has visibly relaxed. "Hey Akane, let's go talk for a moment, hmm?"

With a little surprise and worry on her face, Akane nods and follows Kushina obediently. 'Now this is worrying if she's acting like this.'

A little ways from the line where Minato and Naruto are still in line-of-sight but far enough so that they can't be listened to, Kushina places a disposable sound-bubble seal and looks Akane in the eyes. "Now, sweety, we're alone, and it's just us girls. I saw your face earlier, and I'm a bit worried. What's wrong, honey?"

--Now a POV with the thoughts for both Kushina and Akane--

'Was my face showing that much emotion? Damn, I lost my apathetic face from my last life, and I'm still getting used to the new body. Of course, I don't have a subconscious poker face yet.' Akane thought, letting out a sigh. "I'm fine. I just thought of something that I wasn't too happy about."

"Yeah, now that's bullshit if I've ever heard some. I need you to tell me what's actually wrong, or I can't help or even attempt to give some advice." Giving her most supportive smile but still showing seriousness and worry in her eyes, Kushina continued, "I don't really know why you are hiding something, but we aren't moving until you tell me."

'Yeah, I actually forgot about Kushina's other personality. In the past five years, she hadn't shown it, at least in front of me, even once. She drops all pretenses and formalities and is much of a straight shooter as one can be. Sigh~ I should tell her. She's somebody that I know I can trust with my life. After all, the Jinchuriki is, for some reason, still a secret.'

"Okay, I'll tell you, but you seriously can't tell anybody, especially Naruto and Dad." Akane's face went deadly serious, which shocked Kushina a bit, but she still nodded in reply and said, "Promise."

Letting out a deep breath of air, I explain everything, my first life, Z2, my system, even that this world was similar to an Anime but already different in that she and Minato are still alive and Danzo isn't making our lives living hell.

Kushina was stuck in thought at all of this and processing it all. 'This explains almost everything. Why she's sometimes apathetic to everything but then joyful and full of life the next second, her genius and the source of her ideas, but the used to be a guy thing, that shocks me a bit. Wait, if that's the case...'

"Hey, Akane?" Kushina stops Akane during a short breath, causing Akane to focus on her mother's next words. "If you were once a guy, what is your type? Or rather, you know..."

'Oh god, she skipped half my excuses straight to that, huh?' "Umm, I like girls, don't have a type as I was thoroughly apathetic in my first life to everybody but my Mom, and I couldn't but paint my dull world red whenever she was threatened so..."

'Ah, that would explain the face earlier. Akane must actually be one of those incredibly possessive types that would straight-up murder their competition... wait... that wasn't... and based on her actions these past five years... sigh~.'

"So Akane, based on what you've described, your body is adjusting, and things that shouldn't be occurring yet in mentality are. And, let me guess, you've fallen for Hanabi and were thinking that if you waited to the ages where it would be normal in your last world, Hanabi might be stolen. Based on this and your face earlier, you may or may not have been planning a slaughter if that does happen." Akane gave Kushina a ghostly pale face that screamed, 'am I that easy to read!?'

"No, you aren't. I'm your mother and was able to put eight and twelve together."

'So I guess I am that easy. Sigh~ Well, whatever. She guessed correctly, and she'll probably have a suggestion.' Akane nodded her head in response and then asked the crucial question of this whole conversation. "So, what should I do? I don't think I can lose Hanabi and keep my happiness. Good ROB, I really am a yandere once I fall for somebody, aren't I?" Akane asked and ended her question with a whisper.

Chuckling a bit, Kushina responded pretty simply. "For now, Hanabi is still too young to really even understand love, not to mention she's three. But, when Hanabi enters the Academy, that's when I'd confess. I don't know if she likes girls or not, so until then, maybe do some subtle influencing to ensure she doesn't see you as just a friend or a sister. And I'd have to agree, you are definitely a yandere, but that isn't always a bad thing. Just make sure not to take it too far. Just scare off her pursuers, and only if somebody goes too far, cripple him. BUT, make sure you don't isolate her. Otherwise, she'll hate you and you'll regret it."

Akane nodded, now smiling like normal, and hugged her mother, who returned the embrace. Then, after a few moments of the tender hug that now has an oddly supported bloodlust, they released, and Kushina guided Akane back to the line, now realizing they've been gone long enough for Minato to have been letting couples enter ahead of them. Akane and Kushina looked at each other and chuckled before speeding up back over the Minato and Naruto.

While processing the whole conversation, Akane realized something important about her mother. Kushina is also, very much so, a yandere if those suggestions and the glint in her eye reveal anything.

15