Chapter One: Mission
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1: Mission

 

"I'm glad you came.'' A man who was casually sipping his cup of coffee smiled sheepishly towards the lady who recently sat in front of him, resting her purse bag on the table as she threw a blank expression.

"What do you want?” She asked in a straightforward manner. Of all things she hates, that would be people wasting her time. When a waiter served her a cup of coffee, she carefully lifted the cup and took a sip.

And while doing so, the lady casually looked around as if she was scanning the place where in fact, she was checking if someone so brazen might be following her.

Seeing how uninterested the lady was, the man laughed sarcastically as he tried to hide the pang on his chest. "Why, I miss you too." 

The lady merely rolled her eyes as she emptied her cup of coffee. She does not have that much vacation so the ambiance in the coffee shop was very relaxing for her. At some point, she forgot what family she was from and what responsibilities might she be bearing in the near future.

"I don't miss you, shut up." She said blankly.

"That's so rude of you Ms. Lyndons. I wonder where you got that trait." The man shook his head as he crossed his arms. He even canceled a very important meeting for her, but he’ll be getting a cold shoulder instead of a warm conversation? That’s absurd. 

Tired of wasting another second together with the man, the lady stood up and grabbed her purse bag. "You are wasting my precious time, Idiot. And I get this trait from Lucifer, obviously. I would like it very much if you would not contact me in the future again. I’ll get going." The lady intended to sound bored as she looked at him with the same blank expression before walking towards the exit of the coffee shop. 

Another thing she hates is blind dates. It’s annoying and a waste of time for her. 

When the lady was about to exit the premises, a big body-built of a man accidentally pushed her back slightly. She was not fully pushed back, yet the man was gentle enough to support her by standing straight again while bowing his head. 

 "I'm sorry." The man replied before entering the premises.  

Meanwhile, Arzelle Francine Lyndons, the lady who would always kill someone who touches her without her permission, felt a trickle on her stomach.

‘What was that?’

Arzelle shook her head lightly to divert her attention before striding her way to the parking lot.

‘Just what the actual fuck was that tss.’

As soon as she reached her car, Arzelle immediately ignited it and drove at a high speed. 

‘I need to go home.’

***

"What? No way dad." Arzelle scoffed as she stood up with her hands making a noise when it met her dad’s table with force. 

"Yes, way Arzi. You need to obey my order.” His father scowled as soon as his daughter threw a tantrum in front of him. 

With that being said, Arzelled crossed her arms and pouted. "No, I will not obey you, and that's final." 

She did emphasize that she didn't want to do it.

The scowl that his father had a while ago faded as it was changed into a heavy sigh. "My, and here I thought that I could finally convince you.” Arzelle’s father said in a defeated voice. 

Seeing this, Arzelle suppressed a smirk. She hates to admit it, but she was spoiled, especially by her father. That was why Arzelle could dare disobey her father if she doesn’t like the order given to her.

Her father, on the other hand, scratched his nape and stopped- like he realized something, "Wait. I am your father! You have two options, Arzi. Obey me or Obey me!" Arzelle’s father retorted as Arzelle let out a soft chuckle.

"Grant me a wish then." She replied as she lifted the side of her lips. Imagine this old man here, a mafia boss, he should be cold, bossy, and such, but he is so childish.

"Righttt, great deal, sure. I'll grant you a wish." Arzelle’s father sighed in surrender. 

"Anything?"

"Anything"

"Hmm, okay. You see, dad, I am a smooth negotiator. What mission?"

Hearing this, Arzelle’s father then started to get serious and replied. "You need to get closer to the son of Gail Go and Crassus Go. Keep him and his surroundings in check. Be his bodyguard or whatever. His life is on the line as he already received some death threats. Go needs our service, so you better get going."

So it’s another protect-me-mission. It would be pretty easy, as Arzelle has done it hundreds of times.

Hence, she nodded and replied in a simple tone of voice. "Alrighty, is that it?"

"And, you’ll be studying at the Eastwing University."

Hearing this, Arzelle’s pupils shrank abruptly. Why would she go and study again? She already graduated from homeschooling, and it was a pain in the ass!

She was about to open her mouth when her father continued. "He will be studying there. Did I mention that you need to do your mission secretly? A special request from his parents. Here's your new Personal Information, and the moment you step foot in the university, you’re not Arzelle Lyndons anymore. You’ll be Elle Jynn Baltazar.” 

He handed her a folder, and Arzelle immediately scanned its content.

___

Name:Elle Jynn Baltazar

Age:19

Birthdate: April 15,19**

Name of Mother: Lynn Baltazar(Deceased)

Name of Father: Nielle Baltazar(Deceased)

___

After handling the fake documents, her father handed her a sticky note and continued. "Here’s the address of your new apartment. Nanny Lot will come and visit you once a week to fetch your laundry and clean your apartment. I'll give you one of my experiments, the disguise. And you can’t kill someone unless I say so, or you have my permission, are we clear Arzi?” 

She can’t even groan. Her father won’t allow her for sure. 

Hence, Arzelle kept the important fake documents of Elle Baltazar and heaved a sigh. "Okay, noted.”

"It’s settled then. Go to your new house right now! All of your things have already been sent and arranged there. Shoo!" Her father then replied. 

He really planned everything as if he knew that Arzelle would end up accepting the mission no matter what. And the way he shooed her daughter out of excitement. He might have forgotten that her daughter's not a dog.

Arzelle, on the other hand, silently walked through the silent lobby, hearing her shoes tick, and was only focusing in one direction.

She was about to turn towards the garage of the mansion when she remembered that she would be in a disguise and a Bugatti La Voiture Noire is too flashy for an orphan girl.

Hence, she decided to grab her phone and booked for a taxi.

***

"Mom? What are you doing here? " Her mom was sitting on a small love seat while drinking a cup of coffee. She sipped before she answered in a strict tone of voice.

"You rejected another man again." She replied as she slowly shook her head out of disappointment. 

Hearing this made Arzelle to roll her eyes heavenwards. "I don't like him. I don’t want to get married, can you all not understand? Tss." 

Shortly after that, Arzelle took the empty seat beside her mother as she removed her heels and massaged her foot. 

With that being said, her mother massaged her temples before emptying her cup and replying in a simple tone of voice. "You can dump him in a nice way, young miss. Not in a rude way. That's pure dipshit you know. Besides, you're already nineteen. I'm expecting for you to have a partner. In a romantic way." 

Arzelle’s mother then rose to her feet and straightened her dress. 

Her parents are total opposites.

Arzelle didn't utter a word, so she continued, "I'll take my leave. See you soon Arzi."

Hearing this, Arzelle also stood up and kissed her mother on the cheek as she bid her goodbye. “Take care, mom.”

Her mom merely nodded as she exited her apartment. After that, Arzelled locked the door and summoned herself to her room upstairs. She already memorized the apartment’s every nook and cranny on the way that was why Arzelle was being familiar even though it was her first day.

She had a short half-bath and pulled herself into bed.

‘Let's call it a day.’

She still needs to prepare herself for tomorrow.

*alarm rings*

*adjusted for 5 mins*

*repeated 5 times*

"Fuck, I'm late."

0