25. Healing heart.
1.5k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Biomass procured. 6 evolutionary points were added.]

Puah, I'm satisfied, thanks for the food crabs. I'll not forget your delicious taste, but I do wonder if there are more of them?

[Conditions fulfilled. Skill "Stockpile" lv. 1 was added.]

Woah?! A wild skill has appeared! Go Appraisal!

[Stockpile]

[The user is able to stockpile food into their body as pure energy, this energy may be transformed into EP or SP. The amount scales with the skills level and the users max EP and SP.]

Oh? That's pretty useful! But hopefully it isn't stored as fat or something, hey wait, did you just call me fat? Not cool dude.

But it really doesn't matter now, since I feel way too great to be hampered by something like that. Living is awesome!

But seriously though, I do have to think of something now, I don't know where to go, I could go up through the hole that I fell through, but that was an extremely long hole and I risk meeting countless monsters, and there is also Megalos, well, I shouldn't meet with him if I stay far away from those roots.

I guess continuing exploring this place is the best idea, and I can maybe find more of those crabs. I don't care if they are strong, they are the best tasting things in this place, and I really want more of them. You better prepare yourself crabs, I'm going to be an extinction level event for you!

Firstly, I have to sneak around and find more crabs to get stronger, I also have to focus and avoid the giant one and also the crystal people. I'll have to try to feel their energy with energy perception, but it is pretty finicky to locate them, and I can make mistakes. I'd much rather use my eyes or a skill like that. Wait, speaking of skills, I have 13 skill points remaining right? And I have 21 evolutionary points right now from these crabs. Well, with the evolutionary points that I have, I want to upgrade my wings. That drop was seriously dangerous, and being able to fly would be fun- ahem, I mean would be useful for battle.

[Organ found. Would you like to strengthen "Wings" for 13 evolutionary points?]

13 points, holy crap, that takes the cake for my most expensive purchase, for now at least. Even though it reall hurts to say this, but yes I do want to upgrade my wings.

[Strengthening "Wings"]

I felt my wings becoming tougher, and maybe also a little larger. This feeling stayed for a while until it vanished.

[Proficiency of skill "flying" reached the required amount. Increasing skill "flying" to lv. 2]

Hopefully now it'll actually be flying instead of gliding. I'll test it out later, but for now is what to do with the rest of these points? Well, for the first time in my life, I'm starting to feel super thirsty, so I'll save up for water techniques to not die of thirst, so I won't touch the skill points. As for the evolutionary ones, I'll use them to upgrade my muscles, since these crabs were something else, and I am certain that I'll need more fire power. Ok strengthen my muscles.

[Organ found. Would you like to strengthen "Muscle system" for 8 evolutionary points?]

My god! The costs are increasing so much. Is this the so called inflation? Stop printing evolutionary points! Well whatever, I have no idea what to improve other than that. So yes.

[Strengthening "Muscle system"]

Woah! This one was far more intense than any other. My entire body was trembling and feeling numb. Agh stop it already!

Eh? It did stop? Well that was quite rapid. But I don't care, as long as there is no numbness like that, then it's perfectly okay with me. Welp, but now I'm broke. And sad. Guess things never change eh?

Ok, now is the time to actually set out, let me check the energies around me... hm, there are two of them moving at a pretty high speed, those two are definitely the crystal and the crab. But looking around, I can sense some pretty faint ones a long distance from here.

I start climbing the huge crystals and moving slowly towards that energy source, the closer I got the more I realized that there were quite a bit of them. Are those the same crabs for sure?

When I got there I found some more crabs, by appraising them, I saw that they were roughly around the same level as the crabs I already met. But there was something even weirder here though, I could see only two of them. But the energy I was feeling suggested that there were more of them. That's weird, really weird. I can't think of a reason why that would happen. Is it something hiding? Or is it energy emanating from the earth? I mean these crystals could gain sentience- you know what I'm just over thinking it. I never liked that about me, it makes me feel depressed, that's why being lighthearted is totally superior. Damn it! Now I'm overthinking about overthinking... I'll just stop now.

Ahem, now that I got that out of the way, I should give these crabs a greeting, not in a flashy way though, that would be dangerous.

There aren't many crystals around them, the only ones I could climb were dozens of meters away, forming something like a ring in between. Guess these crabs must constantly hide to survive. Too bad I'm here, you can't run and you can't hide. Sorry mr. Crabs, but you're outta business, haha, that was a good one. A shame nobody listened to it, now that I think more about it, it's actually kinda dumb. Whatever, it's combat time!

I get down from the crystal and then sneak up to one of the crabs, they couldn't sense me at all with my stealth skill. Until I had gotten too close to one of them and then, Shah! I cut off one of its legs, it was pretty hard but I could manage it more easily than last time, improving my muscles more really worked nicely.

It tries to side swipe me with its claws, but I jump up over it and then flap my wings to gain more height, I couldn't really fly, but I did gain some height from that. Then I do a flip and attack it with the momentum from my tail towards the front part of one of the crystals on it. My tail immediately starts hurting, but the crystal cracked slightly and made crab fall over on it's back.

Then I go in for a full speed stab attack before the other crab comes, and stab it in the middle of its underbelly with my claws, and after piercing there, I breathe paralyzing breath on it.

But I had spent too much time on this one, because the other one had appeared behind me and started slamming me with a crystal covered claw. I could swear that there weren't any crystals on there!

[Proficiency of skill "High speed thinking" reached the required amount. Increasing level of "High speed thinking" to lv. 2]

And that skill leveled up just now?! How hard is raising this skill? But I have to focus back on the battle. At least I don't have to focus on the one that was paralyzed.

I hold up the crab claw as it tried to slam me again and then I roll out of the way, the crab turns towards me, when it does, I see that the front of its head didn't have any crystals covering it. Could you have an even more obvious weak spot?

I get closer to the crab and then make it try to attack me, the moment it swings its claw forward, I jump up and then fly higher. I use my eye of force to bring me even higher, I was now nearly at the roof and towered above all of the crystals. Then I drop down on it, the crab didn't react to me and just stood there.

After falling for a while, my claws hit the shell of the crab, then smash and pierce through it. I managed to cut an entire portion of the front of its head, and my arms and claws kept on ringing. That was a super reckless attack, but these crabs are super weak right? I mean they do have stats that aren't bad but I'm just better than them. It isn't arrogance if you know it's true.

The crab had stopped moving and its crystals had also lost their shine, color, and started cracking and breaking. I guess it's dead now. Now I just need to finish the other one off. That'll be just a simple thin-

Woah?! What's going on?

The ground under me had suddenly started to rumble, the rumbling had begun to make me shake, and then suddenly. Figures were rising out of the ground.

Although there was dirt covering them, I could see something clear about them. They had glowing crystalic bodies.

54