Ch 1 – You’re dismissed.
247 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He gazed at me, with serious eyes. He had his hands on the table on the table, as he held them together and opened his mouth.

"...You're dismissed."

"...What?"

I couldn't understand him. Why?

"You should enjoy a normal school life, after all this time. You're still a 16 year old boy after all."

"What? I'm a hitman though right? What use is there for a normal school life? I'm already way pass the standards of a "normal" highschool boy."

"Well, in this day in age, we don't get many clients anymore. The world has developed to a point where such measly wars don't exist anymore. Basically, hitmans aren't needed anymore."

"But-"

"Listen, I know that I dragged you and forced you to learn assassination techniques when you were 5, but at least give me something normal for once, as your boss- No, as your family."

"...I don't have any ID registered though and I can't enroll in a school though so ho-"

"Don't worry, I've already made you a fake ID, as well as made special arrangements for you to enroll in a highschool; its called Oushirin Highschool."

I just stared back at his eyes with an exhausted look. What is this guy talking about? My mouth gaped open. And the next thing I knew, I was in an 1LDK apartment, and then in my bed, and then in a classroom.

"..."

"Come on introduce yourself at least!"

I hadn't introduced myself in such a long time that I couldn't even remember my own name. I lived by the name, "Kamishiro," and that was given by that shitty old boss of mine.

"...My name is Itsuki..."

(Let's just use my boss's last name.)

"Itsuki Yoshikawa. Nice to meet you. Hope we can get along!"

I gave a wry smile. 

The highschool students all stared at me. 

(Do I look weird or something?)

"...Just a normal looking guy huh?"

"Damn I thought a hot chick would be the transfer student but I guess not..."

Such murmuring appeared in the class. 

(Well my bad that I look fucking ordinary.)

I sighed as I made way to the empty seat, last row next to the window. 

As I sat down, a glimpse of a young girl next to me appeared in the corner of my eyes. The only word to describe her would be beautiful. Something out of a picturesque. Thin, straight glossy hair, with no split ends, her somewhat trimmed bangs over her forehead, and her porcelain skin. Her uniform was tucked in properly, and she gave a mature, prim look. 

I looked back to the front of the classroom. It was already something new, as all the people that I saw in the underworld were dirty, and sly. Although most people that pretend to be good are usually bad. I've seen such things first hand. Remembering about it, I immediately held back the feelings of disgust and focused on the board as the teacher began to write something.

Although most people knew who I was in the underworld, I didn't really want myself to stand out in the school. I had enough of people staring at me with fear and admiration.  I'm just going to live my life here, a nice, quiet, and relaxing school life. 

Or so it was meant to be.

.....

.....

.....

After the session had finished, some people came to me. They asked generic questions like what were my hobbies, and if I was interested in partaking in club activities. But these questions then struck to me. 

(I've never had a hobby or anything I enjoyed to do when I was a hitman.)

It was because I had always focused on sharpening my skills, lowering the time it took for me to clean up and satisfy my client's request, and my hand-to-hand combat that I learnt from my boss. I never really found it fun. It was just work. 

So obviously, I said I didn't really have any hobbies or any dreams. The most basic and generic answer I could give. After all, I just wanted to live a quiet school life. But thinking about it, I did want to find something fun to do. I had enough of killing people. 

After a week or so, the commotion died down, and I was labelled as just another "ordinary" guy,  just like I wanted. However, in front of me, I made a new pushy friend. His name was Taiki Okamura, with short brown hair, but a lively aura around him. His looks were more on the ikeman side, but he still was a good person at heart. Better than the people in the underworld at least. 

I however, am the most average of the average. Black hair, black eyes, and an ordinary face that you could find anywhere in Japan. In the underworld, I always wore a mask, it was just a precaution. So most people in the underworld doesn't actually know what I look like. 

"Say, do actually not have any hobbies?"

"Yeah I don't. How many times have I told you this?"

"Well that's the thing though, even if you had such an average looking face - (Dude, I did not need that...) - most people would still have at least one hobby or so."

I sighed.

"Even if you tell me this, I really don't have any."

"Hmm, maybe I could introduce you to music?"

"Music?"

"Yeah, you wanna listen?"

As he gazed at me, he handed his earphones, which was connected to his phone. I nodded my head and proceeded to place them in my ear.

It was generic at best, it was fun but not too fascinating; It was just normal J-pop.

"Mmm, do you any western type music?"

"Huh? I mean I do, but like, its in English you know?"

"I can understand and speak English though? Wait- Why are you looking at me like that?"

His eyes were widened, and his mouth gaped. 

"You're kidding right?"

"No, I'm not. Here I'll talk in English right now. Well you probably don't know what I'm saying right now though. How would you even judge if I was fluent in English in the first place? Isn't that just weird? Anyways, I'm going to go back speaking Japanese."

"..."

"Well?"

"...Damn that's amazing."

"Is it?"

"Of course it is!"

"Why are you so surprised?"

"...I mean I never knew you were fluent in English."

"It was just for a job of mine."

"A job? What kind of job needs the ability to talk fluent English?"

(Talking with foreigners were a handy skill. That shitty boss of mine hammered it into me, saying it was for my own good.)

"Whatver, just give me the western music."

"...Okay, whatever."

This time though, as soon as the thundering bass hit my eardrums, chills were sent through my body. My head started to slightly bounce, and the lyrics really popped out. 

"Okay, I'm loving this."

"Whattttt?"

"Well the 808s are really hitting hard right now. I guess I just like this type of music."

"Okay then."

After school I immediately left the classroom to buy a pair of headphones. It was worth it. 

However, what I didn't realise was that the girl next to me was staring at me, before I had left the classroom. This would be the start of the end of my generic highschool life, as soon she would come crushing everything down.

9