Mariette & Tuskan
48 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aster followed Esther silently until they stopped in front of the principal office. Esther turned his back to Aster and was surprised when she saw Aster with his cold expression. Esther took a step back before recovered and bowed slightly, “Sir, this is the principal office.”

            Aster looked at the sign, and snorted, “I don’t need to see her.”

            The new principal was Mrs. Alambert, an academician from House of Guille, a direct house under Uncle Emperor. There was no use of talking to her, she would just dodge all the questions. If she was cornered, she would throw that magical word ‘it is a mandate from Emperor Audric IV, I am here to fulfill my duty.’

            “T—Then, where does Young Lord wish to go? I will be escorting you around,” Esther said. Aster took a heavy breath and replied, “Escort me to Swan house.”

            “Swan house? But…” Esther hesitated, “That house is currently the room for Mariette and Tuskan Hessel Signe…”

            “Hm? Do you have trouble with them?” Aster asked.

            “Well… their status is too high for me to control, so they do what they want, even accept guests from outside,” Esther said hesitatingly.

            “So, this academy is just a base for them, that’s what you said?” Aster asked. Esther nodded silently.

            Mariette and Tuskan were newcomers, they were ‘transfer students’ from The Great Kingdom of Arctyr, a neighboring country that almost rivaled Golden Camellia, they just fell short because their economy wasn’t as good. However, their military was on par with Golden Camellia.

            Mariette and Tuskan were the infamous twins who swept the ever-growing rebel forces in Arctyr, even able to annex few islands near their border. Which was detrimental for Golden Camellia, because it was close to Golden Camellia’s border.

             This pair of twins wasn’t allowed to do a visit to Golden Camellia for years because they were deemed too dangerous. Thus, it was a shock when they suddenly appeared and apparently enrolled as transfer senior students, since both were eighteen already.

            This was what angered Aster. Putting these two in Clearwater Academy was definitely a trap to ruin the academy’s reputation, and then his duchy’s reputation was in stake too.

             “Do you think I look scared?” Aster raised his left eyebrow.

            “No, sir.”

            “Then, take me to them.”

            Esther finally agreed and take Aster to a separate house with high roof and lavish decoration from the outside. Swan house was located near a small lake and it was usually used for very important guests, such as himself.

            ‘This house is supposed to be my resting place.’

            The front of the house was guarded by few royal guards which was almost ridiculous in Aster’s eyes. Aster walked in boldly and proclaimed, “I am Aster Di Arlingdon, Young Lord of Grand Duchy Stormhill, Chairman of Clearwater Academy, demands an audience with Miss Mariette and Mr. Tuskan Hessel Signe.”

            Of course, the guards knew who this beautiful person in front of them was, but they were still under the order of Crown Prince, thus, one of them went in to ask for the twins permission. He went back and bowed deep.

            “Sir Aster Di Arlingdon, please follow me.”

            Aster and Esther walked in, but Esther was prohibited step further, “Only Sir Aster is allowed to enter.”

            Aster nodded and ordered Esther to stay and wait for him. Aster was familiar with the layout of Swan House, but it felt foreign for him now, it had been almost three years since his last visit here.

            Aster entered inside and instantly greeted with two unique faces that he never saw. The female was sitting calmly, she was petite, with slick auburn hair, green eyes that drooped low, and a crescent shaped birthmark on her forehead, what made her stand out was her demeanor, it was similar to Rosalie and her aura was very mature even though she was only a year older than Aster.

            The male was standing with his arm crossed. He was lean and tall, probably slightly taller than Ramuja. Short auburn hair, sharp green eyes, and a star shaped birthmark on his forehead. Unlike his sister, this man looked a bit immature.

            ‘So, they are fraternal twins.’

            Mariette and Tuskan didn’t look similar except for their green eyes and auburn hair. What made them stand out was their demeanor, from the first glance, Aster could see how different they were.  

            Tuskan snorted, “Hmph! Only a pretty boy with big mouth. I thought it would be someone important that meet us, not a kid! I can’t believe I stopped training to meet this wimp!”

            Aster’s brow twitched, not even a minute and he already irritated Aster, “I’m the Chairman of Clearwater Academy, I’m here to question about your enrollment in this academy, because I didn’t get a notice about two special transfer students.”

            “You? A chairman? Hahahaha!” Tuskan laughed mockingly, “How can this be? A kid as a chairman? Your daddy and mommy must’ve love you so much to give you an important position!”

            Aster gritted his teeth. This was the first time he heard someone openly mocking him, “I do not take that kindly, please refrain from using vulgar words.”

            “Vulgar words? I didn’t say anything vulgar! Just admit that it is true, you mama boy!” Tuskan said boldly. His sharp eyes was filled with mockery and it made Aster furious.

            “You—!”

            “W—Well, this is not the best introduction we can offer, right, Tuskan?” Mariette finally spoke. Tuskan closed his mouth, but his eyes were still disdainful. Mariette turned her head to Aster and smiled, “I’m sorry for my brother, he is a bit harsh in words, but he means well.”

            Aster sneered in his heart, there was no way this child meant well in his words. But Aster resumed his professional persona, “Yes, at least Miss Mariette is more reasonable than a kid here.”

            Tuskan glared, but said nothing. Mariette smiled, “I believe Sir Aster have few questions to ask about our transfer here. Please have a seat.”

            The servants immediately served a fragrant tea with cookies to Aster. But Aster didn’t touch it at all, fearing that they already put poison in it.

            Aster opened the conversation with one simple question, “First, I would like to ask a simple question to you, I heard that Great Kingdom Arctyr has plenty of high profiled academy, but why are you two here?”

            Mariette smiled mysteriously, while Tuskan looked away. Mariette took a small box and fished out a letter. She put the letter on the table and slid it to Aster. She said, “This should be a good answer for your question, honorable Young Lord of Grand Duchy Stomrhill.”

Announcement

Hi~ ForeverPupa here! ^w^)/

Whoa, you guys must be surprised that I uploaded 5 chapters in one go, hehe~
Anyway, Author will try to update regularly. Recently, work has been piling up, Author cant keep up T_T
Thanks for reading! please leave a comment~

1