A Visit to the Hospital
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Everything has been prepared?” Aster asked Jain who was kneeling solemnly beside him. Jain replied with a slight nod. They were inside the carriage heading to Dionde City Hospital. It was the second biggest hospital in Golden Camellia Empire after Golden Hospital in Roagelt.

            This was his first time visiting the hospital other than treating his skin condition. Usually, it was his mother who checked on hospital administration to make sure that it would always function well without corruption or damaged facilities.

            ‘This hospital is vital to keep Dionde City’s status as a well-maintained city.’

            To some people, this was considered a joke, to check on administration and inspect the staffs and facilities were the most boring job a noble heir could do, but to Aster, this job was really important for the lifeline of his duchy.

            ‘Because if my grand duchy fails to keep its reputation, no matter which one, the royal golden family will slander it and drive away all potential allies…’

            Aster clenched his book silently. He still remembered when Charles almost took raped and ruined him. Even if Charles really did take his purity, Aster couldn’t do anything. He was utterly powerless, Charles took the chance when Aster was stuck in golden palace and created many alliances, however, most of them were alliance from other countries. It made his military strength absurdly powerful because he could get backup from anywhere, but still lacking compared to Uncle Emperor and Aster’s mother, Grand Duchess in political sphere, even compared to Lady Merse, Duchess of Arion. Because Charles was a really unpopular ally due to his constant need of supervision and his solid status as Crown Prince.

            The other houses didn’t want their house to be fully taken over by royal family.

            Golden Camellia Empire had unique set of rules, in which politics directly influence economy and social status, but not military, because military in this empire was determined by the house loyalty. Thus, a military house couldn’t change his alliance. Rendering the military power stable, but the ruling class wouldn’t budge even at the worst situation.

            And Aster hated that so much.

            ‘Grand Duchy Stormhill… will never get any military advantage.’

            Aster lamented over the harsh truth that he was powerless against.

            ‘My mother’s status is in jeopardy, because she was forced to do stupid decision because she wants to protect me in Golden Palace. It made her allies starting to get dissatisfied.’

            ‘They dare ruining my mother! That wretched Golden family!’

            ‘Monster! They are monster!’

            “Young Lord, we are near,” Jain said softly. Knowing that his master was in deep thought, probably thinking about all the problems in his grand duchy. Aster nodded slightly and glanced outside.

            The carriage passed through the crowds who were watching from the sidewalk, they gasped when they saw their lord to be extremely gorgeous. Aster tried to smile, but when he smiled, he heard the women screamed like they were possessed. Thus, he stopped smiling and just occasionally waved.

            He rarely showed his face in public, mostly due to his skin condition. It was fortunate that his condition had gotten better as he aged.

            ‘Besides, if the nobles reacted wildly when I showed myself… the regular people would really faint…’

            Aster sighed deeply.

            The carriage stopped in front of the hospital. There were plenty of guards waiting for him in front of the main hall. Aster was nonchalant with all the usual protocol, but his eyes widened when he saw familiar figure standing in the main hall anxiously. He was holding a rose that looked cheap.

            Aster ignored the guards and stormed in. He grabbed that man’s wrist and asked harshly, “What are you doing here?! Didn’t I tell you to stay in Lantern Palace?!”

            Ramuja was shocked when Young Lord reacted harshly towards him. He kneeled immediately, “Y—Young Lord, this servant just cannot leave you alone! This servant is constantly worried about you!”

            Aster really wanted to hit this stupid slave. The problem wasn’t about that, but he was afraid that a spy might see this as a good relationship between him and Ramuja, and would target Ramuja later.

            Aster dragged Ramuja to the office that was already prepared for him. Aster ordered all the servants inside to leave him alone and he pushed Ramuja to the sofa. He messaged his head. He was afraid that a spy noticed this already. Thus, Aster called Jain.

            “Jain, have you checked the surrounding? No spy hiding around the hospital?” Aster asked impatiently.

            “No, Young Lord. My disciples already checked all the corners and no hidden spy was found, but we still don’t know whether the staffs or the patients are neutral or secretly spying here…”

            “No, that one, I already ordered a strict family tracking in order to tract anyone entering this place as a patient or staff. So, it should be minimized. Jain, you can leave now,” Aster said, he was finally relieved, with this, the chance of someone targeting Ramuja was minimized.

            Aster glared at Ramuja, “And you! How could you leave the palace? How did you know that I will be here?!”

            Ramuja looked scared. His body trembled, but he tried to give the rose to Young Lord, “Y—Young Lord, before this servant speak, please accept this rose first…”

            “Where did you get it? Did you steal it somewhere?” Aster asked suspiciously.

            “No! This servant would never!” Ramuja raised his head, he looked upset, “This servant bought it with money…”

            “Your money?”

            “Yes…”

            Aster stared at this ugly rose, this should be really cheap one, but to peasant or slave like Ramuja, this would mean a day worth of food. Aster took it silently, his face blushed slightly, “Fine, I will accept it. Now, answer me.”

            “Young Lord, this servant is constantly in nightmare thinking about your wellbeing… how about your food, who would wash your feet, who would accompany you every morning…” Ramuja said sincerely. The pupils in his deep eyes shone brightly, showing a deep tenderness when he gazed adoringly at Aster.

            Aster’s face was getting hot, and his body temperature rose. But he tried to shook this feeling again.

            ‘This is a trick! He is going to trick me with sweet words again!’

            “I can handle that myself. You are a burden here, and you haven’t answered my real question, how did you get here?”

            Ramuja looked disappointed, but he replied sincerely, “Young Lord, this servant begged Milord Grand Duke who has just arrived in the palace and begged him to send this servant to you…”

            “My father wouldn’t agree so easily,” Aster frowned, “Unless you are working under him.”

            Ramuja’s heartbeat skipped. He would be finished if Young Lord knew about this, he thought fast in order avoid the disaster, “Young Lord, this servant said to Grand Duke that um… that I am very important to you…”

            “Wha—”

            “This servant said that Young Lord’s only trusted servant is me, you care and um… you leave me because y—you are secretly in love with… me.”

            Unable to find better reason, Ramuja only blurted his fantasy when his eyes directly met Young Lord’s golden eyes. He knew that his reason was ridiculous, but he felt weak when he saw that golden eyes again.

            Aster was dumbstruck, because all what Ramuja said was true. Aster stepped back and ran to the bathroom. He washed his face and calmed his heart down.

            ‘No, he doesn’t know. It’s just a coincidence, yeah, a coincidence…’

            ‘How could he say that to my dad, what if dad believes it…’

            ‘T—This might lead to W—Wedding…’

            Aster slapped his face to throw all that stupid fantasy away. He ensured himself that everything was under control.

            Aster opened the bathroom door and drew near Ramuja again. He was still kneeling deeply.

            Aster cleared his throat and resumed his cold demeanor, “You are ridiculous if you think that my father would believe you.”

            “Yes, Milord just laughed, but still send me to you…” Ramuja lied, “Young Lord, your face is so red…”

            “S—Shut up! I’m red because it’s really hot here!”

            “… but it’s cloudy outside, and it’s almost winter too.”

            “I said shut up or I’m going to send you back to Lantern Palace!” Aster roared, but his voice trembled, which made him sounded like a kitten failed to roar.

            Ramuja tried to hold his smile and said, “This servant obeys.”

            After Aster calmed down, he prepared some document and walked to the door, “W—Well, since you are here, assist me to check around the hospital.”

            Ramuja finally smiled and hurried to follow Young Lord, “With pleasure, Young Lord.”

1