Book I: Maiden of the Sun, Part I, Martyr in the Dusk
100 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue: Twin Stars

The girl had stopped believing in the stars, they hadn't helped when she pleaded to them for Daerni or Enid. But she still found the stories her mother had taught her so long ago interesting and entertaining, or maybe it was just the memory of sitting in her mothers lap playing with her hair while a spring breeze wafted through the room. She had always loved the story of the twins in particular, the spirits taking the form of a girl, one twin living out the first ten years of her life and the second living out the next ten. Even if the girl had been excused of dark magic and hanged at age 20 she still found the story of the two ancient spirits interesting. She felt like that sometimes, like the girl she'd been in the first part of her life was completely different than she was now. Maybe it was a natural part of growing up but it felt like that girl that sat in her mothers lap and listened to the sea breeze was a world away from the one that now darted through the streets of Nocturn. Now she was someone else, the same and yet so different. A twin of the soul if not the mind. And just like those ancient twin spirits, she felt that other life, haunting her from the shadows.

Announcement
The main Characters of the book aren't introduced until the first chapter, there are three of them, and the third is not introduced until the end of the first part of Maiden of the Sun, the character that the prologues perspectives are from changes every time, its always a side character but they haven't necessarily been introduced yet and in those cases especially it likely that i didn't name them in the prologue, but it will become evident once the character is introduced. Other than that two of the main characters are introduced in the next two chapters and in addition to the third protagonist they will be the three main perspectives that the story flips between.
Did you like this chapter and do you think you'll keep reading
  • Yes Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3
3