Chapter Nine: Elexis
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since they had found out that Cinis Sarnifease was really Anatia Nalcothy, Airleche, the Rebel's head of Intelligence, had been so busy she had barely managed to get a moment to speak with her. The head of Intelligence had been contacting all their eyes in the palace and at Nightcliff Keep, The stronghold of Alonzo Benitce, Cinis Sarnifease's trainer and the advisor of the king. Using the descriptions and memories she was able to confirm that Elexis's lost sister was indeed the assassin that Airleche had spent so much time working to destroy. Despite both her and Axton explaining to Airleche that it was Ana and recounting their encounters with her, Airleche was determined to piece together a timeline and explanation of the events that had led to Benitce trading the lost princess of Altoness for his place as the King's closest advisor.

"I need to contact Suzette!" Airleche had been frantic when they had first told her the news but after an hour or so it had set in and she had begun packing for a trip to Nocturn. Elexis, Axton and the rest of the rebels that had gone on the mission to Nocturn had returned a few days ago

"It can wait! If Aine has her warriors visiting Galcinar, training Anatia, we need to get eyes and ears in Aine's inner circle." Ominae demanded, the second member of the council and the head of rebel recruitment and combat training had strong opinions about Queen Aine, though she had never bothered explaining them to Elexis. Ominae was Axton's mother, but aside from the nose and cheekbones they didn't look much alike. Elspeth had looked like her mother, the ice blonde hair, and blue grey eyes, the thin frame. But Ominae was getting older, her hair starting to thin. Elexis looked at the thick string of grey that was braided into Ominae's otherwise loose hair. It was a custom of the western mountain tribes, said to have originated with the huntresses themselves. When you lost a loved one, someone you held in your heart, you wove a thick string into your hair, a sign of your grief but also a mark that their spirit would forever be with you.

"We need more information on Cinis-" Airleche tried

"We already have confirmation that it's her and are getting updates on her whereabouts daily from the castle staff." Elexis paused looking for a moment at her head of intelligence. Airleche had been in her late twenties when Altoness fell and the woman was now in her late thirties. Her orange and blonde hair was cut roughly above her shoulders and her eyes were frantic, a wild green Elexis had never seen before.

"Airleche, someone else can meet with Suzette, you need to focus on finding ways into Aine's inner circle." Axton had already met with Suzette, brief as it had been, but they definitely needed someone to go get more information from the nursemaid. They had been able to make contact with some of their other spies and informants within the castle staff but with Suzette also being the Princess's caretaker she was a lot harder to make contact with than most of the other eyes and ears they had.

"Fine," Airleche conceded, "but have Oya and Farlen make contact with Suzette, I want everything that ever happened to the king's blade, everything that maid has seen."

"Farlen and Oya just got back from their trip they need rest-" Elexis started to protest but Ominae was quick,

"Done, now we need to prepare a way to get you to Dianais." Ominae was about to start planning who would accompany Airleche to whatever harbor she would sail from but a messenger burst through the tent flaps.

He was a young boy, messy light brown hair and a pair of tunic and trousers that were likely the smallest they had despite being to large for him, he looked out of breath but they still heard him loud and clear as he said,

"Elspeth, she's alive!"

Announcement
So thats the end of Part II... It needs a lot of work... but I'll start posting part III tomorow anyways because I'm not good at cliff hangers and I know people hate them and I don't want to loose the 1 person that reads this. (Thank you By the way, I have no idea why you keep reading but thank you!)
Announcement
Also before I forget, Pronunciation guide (I know it's so professional) Because I like to spell names weird because reading is hard anyways I'm dyslexic:

Lythian= Lith-ee-an (Lithi like lithium)

Anatia= Ana-tee-ah or A-not-ee-ah depending on how fast you say it/who says it

Airleche= Air-le

Gwenyth= Gwen-ith *I don't know why but I replace i's with y's a lot when naming characters (I know I should probably look up phonentically how it would sound but it looks nicer on the page so)

Finley=Finn-lee I don't know how to spell the name finley so the name of this character will change randomly depending on how I decided it was spelled that day

Ominae= Omi-nay (like ominous but replace ous with nay)

Rudien= Roo-de-in this is another name I will spell inconsistantly, I'm dyslexic okay so that excuses all my spelling errors *sarcasm* 

Elspeth= Like Elsbeth but with a p because I like being *original*

Costrae=Co-stray

And yes you probably haven't heard of some of these characters yet but I'm telling you how to say their names now so I don't have to do this every chapter. I mean I might eventually do that to make it look more *professional* but as right now that isn't the goal, this will do for now.

2