Chapter Three: Elexis
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elspeth had been spotted in the mines, her eyes and ears weren't the ones to pick it up though. Some girl had run into a camp they'd set up near Nocturn, crawled more like it, and said that Elspeth had been seen in the mines. Elspeth, Axton's sister, the girl who had gone missing after that night, but there was no body to speak of. Elspeth, Lythian's twin in the soul, for though she had been like Lythian's sister, Elspeth had been like Lythian's twin, her other half. And even if she and Elspeth hadn't been close, she wanted to go see her safe, if not for her sake than for Axton's. He was badgering her everyday about staging a rescue mission, and it was all she could do to keep him from running off to try to free her on his own. She understood, she felt the same way with Ana. But the spys hadn't seen Ana in a day or two, it was starting to worry her. The last time she had been seen was by a servant when she was leaving on a mission.

Her, Axton, Airleche, and Ominae had traveled to the camp outside Nocturn, Oya and Farlen splitting off to make contact with Suzette somewhere in the city. Hopefully Suzettte would know what had happened. She hoped Ana wasn't hurt, she hoped Ana had run away and damned the consequences, that she would show up at the camp and be alright. She couldn't lose another sister.

She didn't know much about the girl that had stumbled into the camp claiming Elspeth was alive. All she knew was that the girl had come from Nocturn and had Collapsed when she reached the camp. Judging by the darts sticking out of her she had probably been attacked by a patrolling group of soldiers. If she had made it that far without collapsing, if she had made it to the Nocturn camp without leading the soldiers right to it, she was either half fae or had been trained in combat and or stealth, though that wouldn't account for the resistance to the Dreaming Death that the soldiers coated their darts with. Other than that they didn't know anything about the person. She hadn't yet woken up from her drug induced sleep when the rebels at the camp had sent the messenger out but she was almost certainly awake and hopefully coherent enough to answer their questions now.

They were going to speak with this person who claimed to know the location of Elspeth Caltias. They were going to see if they told the truth. And if they did? If they did then the rebels would have to plan an assault on the mines. An official declaration of war.

2