Chapter 23: A Heated Rivalry
164 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone looking at the monitor

[gasps] “Holy crap!” (big lips)

“That guy's kindof intimidating.” (Kaminari)

“He got in on a recommendation, so he must be good.” (frog girl)

“Moving on! Time to gather 'round for a review of the second match. After that, we'll jet on over to our next battle!” (All Might)

“Yes, sir!” (everyone)

[grunts]

Hearing a grunt, I was near the Bakugo kid, he wasn’t listening at all, he looks like he’s about to cry though. Better not touch or he might blow up.

 

Walking towards battle building C, the outside had blue covers. Preparing our positions

“just like how we planned” (Kirishima)

“hai!” (Sayaka)

“Yeah!” (Sero)

The remaining teams finished the battle training in this order

Heroes  vs. Villains

Fumikage Tokoyami & Tsuyu Asui (Team H) vs. Eijiro Kirishima, Sayaka Isoyama  & Hanta Sero (Team J)

Denki Kaminari & Kyoka Jiro (Team G) vs.  Momo Yaoyorozu & Minoru Mineta (Team C)

Yuga Aoyama, Kento Yamazaki & Mina Ashido (Team E) vs. Rikido Sato & Koji Koda (Team F)

 

[whistle blows]

 

Gathering outside All Might shouted “That's a wrap! Super work. You really stepped
up to the plate. And, we didn't have any major injuries, except for Midoriya. You should be proud.” Showing us a thumbs up “Excellent first day of training, all around!”

 

Raising her hands up Tsuyu said” It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class.” Everyone remembering Aizawa’s sadistic face, everyone nodded to Tsuyu’s comments “Mr. Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill.”

Shouting again in a cheery voice, All Might spread both arms up “I'm happy to bring such staggering positivity to my alma mater!” showing us a good bye salute
That's all for now, folks. I should go and check on Young Midoriya's progress! Now, watch how a pro exits. Like he's got somewhere to be!” running very fast, all Might left a trail of dust smoke

[everyone gasping]

“Okay, you guys, that is a hero!” (Kaminari)

“Aw, I'll never be able to run that fast.” (Ojiro)

covering his mouth and quivering “Super awesome!” (Mineta)

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

Finishing all our afternoon classes

‘I’m beatttt, mom will be late this evening wonder what’ll Kento cook?’ (Sayaka’s thoughts)

Opening the door, Midoriya was met by our classmates

 

“Hey, it's Midoriya! Good to see ya back, super! Ha! Man, I don't know what you were saying
during that match.” Making a fist gesture “But you were all fired up, huh?” (Kirishima)

“I can't believe you held your own against Bakugo‐‐He's super strong!” (Sero)

“You did a great job dodging!” (Mina)

“You guys really turned up in the first match, so none of us held back in our rounds, either!” (Sato)

“You were far from elegant, but I suppose‐‐” (Aoyama)

“And the dodging was like, whoa!” (Mina)

flustered by all the people talking to him, Deku started blushing

“Hey, I'm Eijiro Kirishima.” Pointing at Sero behind him “We've been goin' over training results
while you were in recovery.”

“Hi. I'm Hanta Sero.” (Sero)

“--More importantly, I'm Yuga Ao‐‐”
“--I'm Mina Ashido! And I just gotta say, your dodging was awesome!”

“Tsuyu Asui. But please, call me "Tsu." “

“Hey, Sato.”

“Um. Hey, guys.” (Deku)

jumping out of nowhere “And my name's Mineta!”

“Where the heck did you pop out of?” (Kirishima)

“UA's shiniest star here‐‐” (Aoyama)

“You might sparkle, but you sucked it up intraining.” (Sato)

sitting on the table, Tokoyami complained “So noisy.”

“Tokoyami! Stop using that desk as a chair! Get off of it this instant!” (Iida)

“Dude, you need to chill.” (Jiro)

“Uh‐‐” (Iida)

“You're carrying a lot of tension.” (Ojiro)

Leaning on her table “I know someone good at massaging, I can introduce you sometime” (Sayaka)

“I cannot condone actions that disrespect these desks. Not when great men and women, our upperclassmen, once used them!” (Iida)

“Also noisy.” (Tokoyami)

Opening the other door, Kaminari and Uraraka came in carrying our textbooks “So, anyway, wanna grab a bite sometime? Kinda stuff you like?” (Kaminari)

“Anything sweet...”noticing Deku, Uraraka came running to him  “Hey, Deku! Why didn't she heal your injuries?”

“Oh. Uh... Well it has to do with how much stamina I'm using.” (Deku)

“Stamina?” (Uraraka)

“Um, Uraraka. Where's Kacchan?” (Deku)

“We tried to stop him from leaving. But he wouldn't listen. You just missed him” (Uraraka)

After listening to what Ochaco has to say, Midoriya started running outside.

The four of us looking at the window Mina, Uraraka, Tsuyu and I

Watched the drama going on outside. Bakugo's pride is clearly damaged, he started crying, it must have something to do with the training earlier, and only now did he become so emotional in front of Deku. Turning away and heading towards the gate, Bakugo wiped off his tears with his blazer. All Might with a dash arrives beside Bakugo, to which it looks like he was consoling him.

“huh, I wonder what that was all about” (Mina)

“the fated battle between rivals” (Uraraka)

“Whatever Midoriya was saying, it looked like Bakugo really wanted to punch him.” (Tsuyu)

“Childhood friends turned enemies!” (Uraraka)

Starting their commentaries, I went to leave first.

“I’ll be going first, Bye~” (Sayaka)

Looking towards me and waving their hands

“--See ya” (Mina)

“--bye Sayaka!” (Uraraka)

“--go home safely” (Tsuyu)

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

Deku’s thoughts:

‘None of us were prepared for what was to come. All Might warned us about cunning villains.
And a few days later, we learned firsthand how terrifying they could actually be.’

Somewhere unknown

throwing the newspaper the mysterious person started talking “Did you see this joke? It says he's a teacher now.” Looking towards the mysterious bartender “Hey. What do you think'll happen when the mighty Symbol of Peace......is finally killed by the villains?”

9