Performance 666 [1/2]
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1 Hour Later, 4:44 A.M, Gianni and Milano are Seated Beside the Pool-

With towels around their backs and soaking wet clothes, they talk at the mansion garden dimly lit by the lights of the pool. Half of Milano's face is patched up with thick bandages, covering where he lost his eye.

Gianni wraps his own towel tighter: "Ah. So you're stuck in Circopia forever cuz of your parents, huh? Your dad cut your dick off... And your crazy ex-girlfriend took you to the outside world illegally. Man... That's a lot to digest."

Milano with his towel loosely hanging on his back like a cape: "Remember when I had disappeared for about a year when we were kids?"

Gianni looks down: "Yea it was right after the day I messed your cheek up..."

Milano looks to the tent ceiling: "I was in the outside world during that time... I think Solange was with me too."

Gianni: "Maan... You don't remember anything? Anything at all... Even if it's something small, from the outside world? A detail? A scent? A scenery?"

Milano: "I forgot everything moments after splashing in the pool. I don't know what made me remember the outside world for that brief moment in the first place... but I can tell you how remembering it made me feel."

Gianni turns to Milano.

Milano: "Terrified, angry and disappointed with a touch of feeling even more trapped than I did in the tent and longing to know more. For some reason, when all that mixed into a pot, all I could think of was to kill myself. Death felt like the only escape in a room without a door."

Gianni clenches his teeth: "And... the sky?"

Milano: "...There was definitely no sky where I was."

Gianni sighs in acceptance: "Well, that confirms it. The sky really doesn't exist. But Blanca's clapping... Her call for help... It wasn't my imagination and it's even worse than I thought."

Milano gazes at Sky the orca swimming in the bloody pool.

Gianni looks down: "Milano... That outside world that made you want to kill yourself..."

Milano glances at Gianni.

Gianni shakes: "Blanca's there everyday... and she's been living there for almost 7 years... You asked me not to go to the outside world... But... I can't do that. I can accept being stuck in Circopia for the rest of my life but I can't let Blanca suffer anymore. That's why..."

Milano smiles: "I know. No matter what I say, you're gonna go outside. But there's something I have to tell you."

Gianni: "Ah?"

Milano: "Don't try going outside by tent-slipping. It's not a real escape."

Gianni: "Wha?"

Milano: "I forgot the logic behind it but... If you want to make it to the outside world in a way you can save Blanca, it has to be officially through one of the main exits at a theatre. Crawling through a tent-edge... It'll end you up like me, or maybe worse."

Gianni: "Aah man. Yea, I figured it wouldn't be that easy."

Milano with a brighter smile: "Oh yea. Don't worry about Bumpkin and Goma-Chan by the way. I'll take care of them while you're gone."

Gianni: "Thanks man. Bumpkin probably got another year to live tops anyway."

Milano: "Haha... don't let him catch you saying that."

Gianni: "Hahaha he just can't accept that he's getting old for a bat."

Milano smiles as he thoughtfully looks at Gianni.

Gianni: "Nah seriously. Thanks for everything man. You'll forever be my friend inside or outside the tent."

Milano: "I'm kinda half hoping you fail. It's gonna get lonely in this mansion without you, haha... I'm not gonna watch your performance either. Even if you succeed and make it outside, I'm gonna lock my bathroom and just pretend you're in there crying about the sky not existing or something... I'll slide in a couple plates of take-out food every now and then too. Although they might go bad and start smelling nasty since there's no one eating them anymore..."

Gianni: "Hahaha... And I'll hope you don't kill yourself when I'm gone..."

Milano gets serious: "But no. You have a mission. Even if they boo, we have Plan B."

Milano winks: "You're making it outside this time."

Gianni turns to him.

Milano offers his hand: "Save her."

Gianni reaches his hand: "Performance 666!"

Milano: "Le Spectacle Finale de Gianni!"

They share a firm and unforgettable handshake.

-18 Hours Later, the Night of Performance 666 at the 17th Grand Theatre of Circopia-

The spotlights aggressively flash at Gianni's face as he stands on stage in front of the audience of the outside world.

Host: "Next up... We have everyone's favorite failure! GIANNI THE GENIUS WITH HIS 666th PERFORMANCE! AN ORCA SHOW!"

Gianni fake smiles and poses: "YES IT IS I! AH HA! HAHA!"

Gianni doesn't break his fake smile as he gazes at the audience and sees Blanca sitting at her seat with her cold and emotionless face.

Gianni clenches his fist.

He then turns to Bumpkin who nods at him with a determined look: "Eh!"

/\ ^✧o✧^ /\

He then turns to Goma-Chan who whisper-yells encouraging words: "Ganbatte Gianni-Kun! Dai suki! Hontou ni dai suki!" (♥ω♥ ) ~♪ ( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و "!!!OK-E!!!"

He takes a final glance at the unsettling sight of the metallic circus guardians defending the exit of the tent. The elephant, tiger and sea-lion guardian motionlessly keep their grounds like statues with demonic faces.

Gianni starts walking to the gigantic 100 meter long freezing cold saltwater tank twice the size of an olympic pool installed on the stage. Sky the orca is warming up, blowing water from her blowhole inside the tank.

There seems to be a plethora of other sea creatures lurking inside the tank as well as large rings hanging from the roof and other elaborate props.

Gianni stares up at a 30 meter tall ladder leading up to an olympic diving platform.

He begins climbing the ladder.

The audience of the outside world watches silently as he climbs.

Blanca notices something is different this time. Her mouth twitches slightly.

Gianni makes it to the top and glances down at the pool of sea creatures.

Gianni speaks to the waterproof mic attached to his cheek as his voice echoes in the silent theatre.

Gianni: "I'll be performing an orca show tonight, I trained really hard for this."

Goma-Chan shuffles a deck of cards beside the tank. (◕ᴥ◕)

Gianni: "Oh and also, remember the card my assistant Goma-Chan randomly selects from the deck."

Goma-Chan pulls a card and shows it to the audience: "Koko ni arimasu!" (ᵔᴥᵔ)/

It's an 8 of hearts.

Blanca's eyes widen in a hauntedly shocked way.

The host and everyone else seem extremely confused.

Gianni: "BUMPKIN START THE MUSIC!"

Bumpkin blasts the speakers full volume: "EEEH!!!"

/\ ^-▽-^ /\

Gianni starts dancing on the diving platform as he gets a glimpse of Blanca watching him in a nervous way.

Gianni smiles and whispers to himself: "Finally... I see some emotion in your eyes... Blanca... I don't even care what emotion it is... It's been a while."

Gianni suddenly leaps up and dives from the 30 meter platform and plummets into the cold and dark water elegantly.

He stays underwater for what seems to be a very long 10 seconds. The audience watches in anticipation.

Suddenly Sky the orca bursts out of the water with Gianni riding her on her back!

Water splashes to the front rows, there are signs signalling "splash zone" beside the seats at the front as a warning.

Gianni balances on Sky mid air as his hair violently flows in the wind of their jump.

Gianni: "OK SKY! WE'RE LEAPING HIGHER NOW! DIVE DEEPER AND GET MORE MOMENTUM!"

Sky glances back at Gianni and nods as she makes orca clicking sounds. They splash back into the abyss of the water.

Gianni grabs on tight to Sky's dorsal fin and holds his breath as Sky speeds up rapidly under water dodging glowing squids, sharks and other marine creatures.

Sky continues her eerie orca clicking melody as she navigates through the marine obstacles underwater.

The audience looks at the screens installed on the walls that show them what's happening under water.

Blanca gazes up at the screens, astonished.

Gianni taps Sky on the back.

Sky's pupil eyes Gianni. (๑o⍘o๑)

Gianni screams underwater: "NOOOW!!!"

Sky rushes to the surface full force! Gianni's cheeks quiver from the momentum of the swim as the light of the stage from the surface of the water begins getting brighter on his face.

THEY BLAST OUT MAJESTICALLY ALONG WATER DROPLETS THAT COULD BE MISTAKEN FOR DIAMONDS!

Gianni: "AAAARRGGHH!!! THROUGH THE RING!!! THROUGH THE RING SKY!!!"

Sky spots the large ring on fire above them and she makes a determined face!

Goma-Chan cheers: "IKOUU!!! SKY-U!!! IKOUU!! KUSSO-YAROUU!" (ฅ⁍̴̀◊⁍̴́)و ̑̑

Bumpkin: "EEEEEHH!!!"

/\^Ò ‸ Ó^ /\

SKY ROCKETS THROUGH THE RING AS Gianni barely limbos through it managing to save his face from being burnt off!

Gianni: "OOOOOH YEAAAAA! FUCK YEAAAA!! FREEEAAKING YESSS YOU FAT BLUBBERY WHALE!!"

Sky murderously glances at Gianni. (๑◎⍘◎๑)

Gianni chokes on his words: "AH- I MEAN! YOU DID GREAT, BEAUTIFUL!"

Blanca can't get her eyes off of Gianni as he continues riding Sky through more obstacles, leaping many times, performing flips in the air and tough maneuvers under water.

Sky begins rapidly swimming through the surface of the water as Gianni jolts himself up and gets on his two feet, riding her like a surfboard.

Groups of swordfish and dolphins leap out around them, creating a truly mesmerizing spectacle!

Gianni: "IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL ACT! SKY!"

Sky throws Gianni into the air!

Gianni launches up full speed: "AAAAHHH BUMPKIN WHERE YOU AT!?"

Goma-Chan mixes the deck of cards. Bumpkin grabs the deck from her and soars towards Gianni.

Bumpkin flapping his wings: "Ehh!" /\ ^-o-^ /\

Gianni: "COME ON YOU PIECE OF SHIT, HURRY!"

Bumpkin flaps harder: "EH! EH! EH! EEH!!" /\ ^o_o^ /\

Gianni mid air: "FASTER!!!"

Bumpkin's eyes bulge as he flaps harder: "EEEEEEEEEHHHH!!!??"

/\ ^OoO^ /\

Bumpkin and Gianni exchange the deck of cards mid air.

Gianni begins falling as he lets some of the cards fly out of his grip. They scatter all around!

Gianni, falling: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE OUTSIDE WORLD!!!"

Blanca is at the edge of her seat.

Gianni lets more and more cards fly out of his grip: "I PRESENT YOU..."

SKY BLOWS OUT A HUGE JET OF WATER.

GIANNI RAISES THE 8 OF HEARTS TO THE CAMERAS: "YOUR CARD!! THIS WAS IT! WASN'T IT!? MUHAAHAHAH-"

He's cut off when he plunges into the water.

The 8 of hearts floats gracefully on the surface of the water as the rest of the cards rain down into the tank.

Bumpkin lands beside the tank and shakes his ears, curling up into his wings in a comfy position: "Eeh..."

/\ ^-_-^ /\

Blanca's eyes water ever so slightly.

The host sits in her chair, expressionless.

Gianni surfaces and takes a deep breath: "AAARRGH! MAN WHAT THE HECK, I got attacked by a squid down there you know! Why did no one question why I was underwater for so long!?"

Gianni sees the eerie silence of the crowd gazing at him.

Gianni: "Aah...Why hello there. Pretty freaking awesome performance aye? Thank you for watching! This has been GIANNI THE GENIU-"

Everyone in the audience begins booing except for Blanca.

Gianni pauses: "... Eh?"

The host smirks.

Gianni floats in the water as he confusedly beholds the panoramic view of the audience booing.

Gianni chuckles in disbelief: "Wh- Wha? Y- Y'all are kiddin' right? Hehe..."

Gianni glances at Blanca.

Blanca's hands tremble as she avoids eye contact.

Goma-Chan and Bumpkin stare at the intimidating and overwhelming boo of the audience in disbelief.

Goma-Chan: "Masaka..." (;╹⌓╹)

Host: "GIANNI! I AM DEARLY SORRY MY LOVE! IT SEEMS YOU HAVE SCREWED IT UP ONCE AGAIN! NOW IF YOU WILL PLEASE LEAVE THE TANK SO OUR TEAM MAY CLEAR UP THE STAGE FOR OUR NEXT PERFORMER!"

Gianni looks down at the water to see the 8 of hearts floating in front of him.

Gianni to himself: "Ah. I get it now. I was never gonna get an applaud from the beginning... Ever since I started performing, it was never 'cause I was trash. That was just what was written down for me..."

The booing gets louder and louder, vibrating the water in the tank.

Gianni picks up the card from the water: "Well..."

Blanca watches Gianni as the entire audience boos.

Gianni's eye twitches and he rips the card in half: "I'm done being their clown."

Blanca's pupils shrink in fear.

Gianni: "SKY! BUMPKIN! GOMA-CHAN!"

They all turn to him.

Host lifts an eyebrow: "Eh?"

Gianni rips his wetsuit revealing an inner layer of waterproof metallic exoskeleton armour attached to his body, reaching across all his limbs and his torso.

Gianni with an evil smirk: "It's time to initiate Plan B!"

Bumpkin takes off as Goma-Chan scurries in another direction.

Sky the orca dives underwater, swimming full speed towards Gianni.

Host: "Oii! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE-"

Gianni: "YOOO HOST LADY! I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND BUT I GOT ONE MORE TRICK UP MY SLEEVE TONIGHT!"

Sky shoots up and boosts Gianni into the air super high!

Blanca stares up at Gianni as tears of fear run down her eyes.

Gianni's exoskeleton transforms and grows metallic bat-dragon wings! And the wrist portions begin charging with fiery flame throwers!

Gianni expands his metallic wings and swoops past the host and over the audience, flying straight towards Blanca.

Host: "HE'S TRYING TO ESCAPE WITH THE WHITE HAIRED GIRL!!"

The circus guardians' eyes begin glowing in a blood-curdling and spine-chilling way.

Gianni: "BLAAANCAA!!! I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU!!! CHECK IT OUT!! I'M A FREAKIN' DRAGON!!! YOU KNOW, LIKE THE STORY OF THE DRAGON SAVING THE PRINCESS FROM THE KNIGHT!!! Or wait, was it the other way around!?? AAH SCREW IT! IN THIS STORY, IT'S THE DRAGON!!!"

Blanca is frozen in shock as she watches the make-up riddled dragon, that is Gianni, messily fly at her.

A petrifying melody emits from the metallic elephant, tiger and sea-lion guardians sitting beside the exit of the tent.

An ear-piercing melody. It consumes the 17th Grand Theatre of Circopia.

A song of death.

TO BE CONTINUED

1