Chapter 2.1 Smol spiders and large waterspouts
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You must be kidding me. Stop speaking rubbish or I will beat you. In fact, I really, really, really want to. I haven't only because you are RaRa's best friend."

 

Raiden took a threatening step towards Gillean. He paused, seemed to think better of it, and turned. With his back shaking with repressed anger, Raiden repeated "Only because you were RaRa's best friend. I won't."

 

Gill leaned against the massive tembusu tree and watched as Raiden stalked off, still radiating anger, but with added layers of embarrassment and most of all, a large load of discomfort.

 

Gill looked down, his fringe obscuring his expression.

 

Were 

 

The word were hit harder than any punch Raiden could have levelled at Gill. Were, as in, in the past tense. 

 

Oh Leora, I miss you so.

 

Gill's knees finally gave out and he dropped to the ground, tightly hugging his knees to his chest. Like the sudden rain storms prevalent to Singapore during the monsoon seasons, a deluge of tears started streaming down his face. 

 

I wish you were here. I don't know what to do. I don't know anything anymore.

 

He sniffled loudly while trying valiantly to wipe the pouring tears and streaming snot. Unfortunately the action was utterly futile. 

 

All he managed to do was make a bigger mess of his face, which set off a new round of waterworks for proud, vain, peacock Gill who couldn't tolerate looking anything but immaculate at all times.

 

"Boys should not cry. Boys must not cry. Boys are weak if they cry. It is shameful to cry especially in public." 

 

The words of 3rd uncle came floating to him. Unbidden and very much unwanted, like a rude intruding visitor, gate crashing a wedding.

 

Not. Helping.

 

Unable to control his emotions, his snot, his tears, nay, what seemed like his whole life, he whimpered "RaRa why did you go away? Please, would you please come back? I am begging you to. Just. Please."

 

Why can't I stop crying? I don't want to cry. I am trying. Why can't I stop? I don't want to. This is just too unsightly. I want to stop. This is too shameful. I don't… I can't… I just… this is too… I… I… I

 

A tiny warm hand touched Gill's shoulder gently, breaking his incoherent internal monologue.

 

"Gill, is that you?"

 

It felt like the gentle warmth of the sun had returned again, reminding Gill of better days past.

 

"Oh my, your eyes! And Eeeeeewwww! That snot!!! I leave for just for a tiny little bit and I return to this mess and this utter wreckage!"

 

Gill looked up to that familiar face. 

 

It can't be. No. What? A dream? Am I dreaming?

0