Chapter 2.4 My dog pees on your badly thought out decisions
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gill's tears started falling once more as the memories flashed through his mind.

 

"I was so alone, so lonely, after you died. No one wanted to talk to me now that you are not here."

 

"They probably didn't know what to do or say to you since we have always been close. They could see you hurting and didn't know how to handle it. Kids can be rather clueless and hurtful that way. And anyway why in the world would you even want to be me?!"

 

"You are like a ray of sunshine, always so happy, always smiling. You are outgoing and always surrounded by people who adore you. I was hoping to keep just that little bit of you. To embody your you-ness. To be just like you. To be you. Maybe they will talk to me again if I were you. I have missed you so much, it's the only way I could think of to have you back again."

 

RaRa looked at Gill in utter seriousness.

 

"Don't ever, ever try to be someone else. You are you. Perfect the way you are. You are meant to be the way you are. You can always learn and grow. But you should never ever try to be someone else. It's not healthy. Artists never copy. They occasionally steal, but they make the stolen theirs. Be an artist of your own life Gill. You deserve more than being a copy of me.”

 

Gill's tears wouldn't stop. He looked like a wounded animal in such pain.

 

"Being alone can suck. Being lonely definitely sucks. But you can get through this. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. But okay, let me tell you what. I have a plan. A brilliant, brilliant plan. The best plan actually."

 

Gill was so shocked at her words, he stopped crying. 

 

This was pure RaRa. And it wasn't in a good way. Not this time. Not ever to be exact. 

 

Whenever she said things like that… well. They always turned out to be the worst of the worst of the absolute worst ideas. Ones that got them into so much trouble. Not that he ever said no to her. But still… bad, bad idea. Bad. 

 

RaRa had picked up a stick (Isn't she dead?! Isn't she a ghost?! Aren't ghosts incorporeal?! How is she doing that?!) and scratched out in the soil, a shape of a simple umbrella.

 

"You know, umbrellas are magic."

 

Gill side-eyed RaRa with utter suspicion. 

 

Had RaRa finally lost her marbles? Whatever is she talking about? Magic umbrellas?

 

"Yes, they shield you from the rain. But it's more than that. I have this magic umbrella that can accompany you and help you through your loneliness."

 

Yup, definitely lost her marbles.

 

"Hey! Don't diss my umbrella. It's magic! You can believe in ghosts but not magic?!"

 

"Urm, it's not that I believe in ghosts. You just turned up without a by-your-leave out of the blue and stuffed your ghostly presence into my life."

 

RaRa hurmphed and crossed her eyes at Gill.

 

"Do you want to hear the rest or not?! I am trying to help you here!"

 

"Okay, okay, tell me more. I will regret it, but tell me more."

 

"Ungrateful! Tsk tsk. As I was saying, my magic umbrella is… magic. Because umbrellas are not just for one. I always imagine someone sharing the umbrella with me. Whenever I feel lonely, I open it and viola, I don't feel so lonely any more. 

 

Look. If I stand on one side, someone else will always be on the other side. That's what I think anyway. And that's what the tv always shows.

 

So with this umbrella, just imagine me on the other side with you. Together we hold the umbrella and step into better times, through good and through bad. Rain or shine. I will always be here with you, in your heart. And you can finally feel better. So brilliant, right?!"

 

Gill's mouth dropped open as he listened to her impassioned speech with growing horror at what she was probably already planning. And to top off the insult, there were huge gaps in the logic. In fact the whole thing was illogical. It was also corny! What shows had she been watching?! 

 

Yet, somehow it was also illogical to the point it kind of seemed to make sense. In a romantic, non-logical kind of way.

 

"Wait. Isn't that breaking and entering? And isn't house breaking a felony that they lock you up for decades for?"

 

RaRa ignored Gill and continued excitedly "And I will show you where it is! Come on! Let's go get it, right now! Together!"

 

Feeling like his feet had been swept out from under him by a strong undertow and that he was unwillingly being carried away by a flash flood, a confused Gill followed after the exuberant RaRa in utter daze.

0