Chapter 40
13k 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...Cryload castle . Treasury

 

“You guys! Chase them! Don’t let the intruders escape!”

 

Without any care for the fact that she was just sleeping, Bolaris rushed to the scene to take control, after receiving an urgent message from the castle, that some unknown group invaded the castle treasury.

 

“How did they intrude the treasury this easily! What were the night guards doing!”

 

“They snuck in through a secret passageway, that we had no idea of that connected directly to the treasury room”

 

“Eei, annoying! Capture the intruders and put some guards in the passage from now on! Understood?”

 

“Ha!”

Bolaris, kingdom’s imperial guard, 2nd regiment captain.

 

She is a loyal subordinate of the current queen, that worked under her during her time as imperial princess, and as soon as the queen ascended to the throne, she was brought back to the castle, and was given the position of chief guard, to takeover the security of the castle.

 

….If I decimate the invaders, than her highness would definitely be overjoyed..Aa, just imagining her highness’s tender face filled with youth, complimenting my success, surges me with power rivaling 1000 man.

 

Her love for the adult with loli trait didn’t change even after her promotion. Her sexual interest is still a secret to everyone.

 

Because the intruders were very familiar with the special passageway in the castle, most of them were able to escape from Bolaris’s attack.

 

“...At least we were able to capture this guy here”

 

Bolaris clicked her tongue and stepped on one of the captured person.

 

“Make sure to cover his mouth and nose so that he won’t kill himself. We will bring him to the queen and see what she wants to do with this guy. Also, investigate what were stolen from the treasury”

 

Hearing the order the surrounding knights and guard swiftly went on to do their designated work.

 

“Umm,  Ms Bolaris”

 

“Unn? What is it?”

 

“That...thing you are carrying in your armpit, what in the world is that?”

 

“Nn?”

 

She realized that she was carrying her favorite body pillow in her armpit, the body pillow depicted Belano’s full body.

 

“Don’t mind it. It is just my pillow”

 

Belano,even though we were seperated, I Bolaris, always thinks about you every moment of my life….

 

Bolaris’s dignified look when she was giving out orders and many impression on her were ruined.

 

……...

 

“What is it? Belano?”

 

“.....”

 

“Nn? You feel cold? Did you catch a cold?”

 

“....”

 

“You think that’s not it? Oh well, just sleep after warming yourself”

 

Belano nodded and went back to sleep but, her shivering didn’t stop for the entire night.

 

…….

 

“...did you guys fail?”

 

The old man sitting in an extravagant chair asked after clicking his tongue in annoyance.

 

“No, we were able to obtain what the demon wanted but...the security in the castle changed a lot which incurred quite a loss in our team. ”

 

“Fumu, they changed the security system compared to when I was there….Oh well, it’s fine since we were able to get what we wanted. Quickly prepare the arrangement for delivering the item.”

 

“Umm…. the one who usually arrange the delivery of the item is out on a mission and...so...how should we do this?”

 

“How the hell would I know! This is the job for you lowly commoners! Search for the one who knows and finish it quick! Don’t waste my time!”

 

The man left the room in panic after getting scolded by the old man in the chair.

 

I’m fine as long as I can become richer. For that I will do anything, now there is nothing binding me.

 

The old man laughed suspiciously. *Ku Ku ku*

 

….Few moments later. Cryload castle. Throne room

 

The queen became astonished after she saw the appearance of the man who Bolaris brought as the guy who were caught from the intruder group.

 

“These guys stole few items from the treasury. After this our intention is to interrogate this man”

 

Bolaris spoke of the situation and bowed to the queen.

 

But the Queen seemed to not have heard what she was saying, and kept on looking at the man’s face.

 

“You...dad’s...”

 

Yes, this man was the Queen’s father former king’s direct subordinate. He was one of the people who were banished together with the King who were dethroned.

 

My dad is somehow involved...behind today’s incident?

 

The Queen didn’t want to believe it. But the intruder in today’s incident used a secret passageway that even she, herself didn’t know of.

 

After banishing the king she ordered for a change in the castle’s security system just incase, and thanks to that they were able to find the intruders.

 

If my father is somehow related to today’s incident, then I can only execute…..

 

Despite his banishment, he still is afterall her only real father.

 

The queen felt her mind going blank as she was listening to Bolaris’s report.

 

...Cryload castle, in a certain warehouse

 

“Here, I was able to collect the barrel as always-con”

 

The woman wearing a merchant costume pointed at the barrel her subordinate brought and smiled.

 

“I didn’t expect one of the Demon Fox race’s treasure, to be hidden in the human’s castle kokon”

 

A woman wearing a china dress conversed with the woman who just came back.

 

“Adding onto the other treasure we’ve gathered and this Oriental fan, we no longer have to be under that disgusting Yuiguard’s vassalage.-con”

 

“It seemed like an envoy to interrogate our move came to our castle kokon. Hahaha, foolish Yuiguard, kill the envoy and commence our direct attack against the throne!”

 

The woman that was wearing the China dress ordered her subordinates, and they rushed out in great speed.

 

“This Oriental Fan, a legendary treasure that was lost in time during our grandfather’s generation kon”

 

“A legendary weapon that is said to have the ability to extinguish even the volcano kokon”

 

The two held onto the barrel’s lid and opened the lid together

 

“”Let see~kon”kokon”

 

And

 

The two stopped moving.

 

“...what-kon? This yellow thing?”

“...fruit? Kokon”

“Sour!? This is Le~mon Kon!”

“Wa!? The content is different kokon!?”

 

The two removed every le~mon inside the barrel in hopes that maybe the weapon was hidden underneath the fruit, but unfortunately nothing but le~mon was in the barrel.

 

“That human...betrayed kon? It seems like we the Demon fox sisters are being underestimated kon”

 

“Lets go interrogate them kokon! If they don’t provide sufficient excuse for this than they will all be eaten kokon”

…….

 

“..what is this nya?”

 

Uliminus scrunched her eyebrows as she saw the item inside the barrel in which was supposed to contain a barrel full of Le~mon.

 

Inside it was not the lemon she ordered but an item in that were covered with cloth.

5