Chapter 1
12 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

The she-cat slowly woke up, moments before she had just been born. Now she can have her first breath of air.

"She is beautiful, Smallfur!" A voice mewed in a calm, deep voice. The kit mewed in hunger, and she felt a push that leads to a feeding place. 

"I will name this kit, Stickkit. You think that is a good name, Brokenlight?" Another voice said in a lighter voice.

"That is a great name Smallfur!" Brokenlight mewed, then another voice came. 

"Good job Smallfur, that is the last kit." Another voice said, and Stickkit kept on suckling.

**********

Cats with tons of weird names came in and out to visit Stickkit. A cat named Wiskerstar, another named Jankedlight, and even more! Stickkit could not remember all of them, her eyes opened just after moon-high, and she could not sleep. Slowly, she half walked, half crawl out of the den; the sky was full of tiny white dots with a big white smudge in the dark sky.

"What are you doing, Stickkit!" A voice mewed, and a cat came running over and scooped her off of the ground; Stickkit mewed in anger. Slowly they made their way back to the nursery, and the longer cat laid Stickkit by her mother and then walked back out, Stickkit got right back up, and they did this five times before Stickkit gave up and went to sleep.

At sun-high, Stickkit sat up and stretched and walked over to her mom to feed. After a while, Stickkit slowly walked outside and took a breath of fresh air, and she saw her kitmates playing with a mossball, so she ran over.

"Hey, can I join?" She asked her oldest brother, Flipkit, and he laughed. 

"You think you can play with us? You're too, young Stickkit! Let's be honest here, Stickkit; you have some pretty bad ratbreath." Stickkit hung her head in shame. 

"Why are you so mean to me?" Stickkit mewed, but before Flipkit could respond, Stickkit ran away in a random direction. Before she knew where she was, trees towered over her head. Stickkit slowly walked around; sooner or later, she found herself on the edge of the tree line.

"Isn't this where that big battled happened that mother told me?" Stickkit mewed to herself; then she noticed that she was alone. Stickkit could do whatever she wanted! Her tail twitched with excitement while she ran around, trying to find what she could.

After searching for a little Stickkit found a cave, and she slowly walked into the cave. A dark, catlike figure lightly shined at the end of the cave.

"Hello young one, I bet you kno- wait, why in the name of Spirtclan is there a kit here?" The cat said in bewilderment while his lightly white whiskers perked forwards a little. "You better go back to camp, little one." The cat said, so Stickkit slowly made her way out, thinking to herself, but not before she was not too far away she ran back. Stickkit wanted to know the old cats' name. Stickkit ran into the cave and almost ran into the old cat.

"Hmm? Young one, why are you here?" The old cat asked the young she-cat.

"What is your name?" Stickkit asked, and the old cat laughed, then all of a sudden he didn't.

"Why in the name of Spritclan do you wanna hear little old mes' name?" Stickkit stood there for a second. She couldn't answer why, and the old cat chirped in delight. "Just messing with you, the names' Mountain." Before Mountain could say anymore, another cat appeared behind them.

"S-Sorry Mountian! That cat is so hard to handle and-" Mountian put his tail to the other cats' lip and looked at Stickkit with his eyes. "Oh, sorry! The name is Pebble!" The younger cat said.

"Why do you live in a cave?" Stickkit asked the two cats.

"How to explain it. Those elders of your must've told you about the beginnings of the clan. We are from when the clans just started. No one ever knew about us, nor will they ever, until today where you found us. We were in this cave for moons, even seasons. Every time you stepped on a blade of grass, every time you saw a snowflake, but you are young, so you don't. But with the grass, we saw, we touched, we blessed." Mountain explained. "Now, you must go and never tell anyone, not even Spritclan themselves! But it is doubtful that Spritclan themselves will visit a kit. It is not like we are in a book." But before Stickkit could respond, Mountain slowly shoved Stickkit out. "Go, now."

"Mountain, don't be so rud-" Before Pebble could respond, Mountain flattened his ears, and Pebble backed away. When Stickkit got out, she ran away.

"Where is camp?" A hawk cawed in the distance while Stickkit traced her thoughts, then a faint cat was walking torse her.

"Kits, they never learn," Stickkit remembered the voice.

"Mountain, is that you?" Stickkit asked, and the cat nodded and slowly started to walk away.

"You coming, or do you want to end up as a hawks' dinner?" Mountain said that Stickkit followed the old cat. Slowly they made their way back to Stromclans' camp. 

"Wait." Stickkit stoped, and Mountain turned their head. "Can other cats see you? Like if you walk into my camp, will they see you?" Stickkit asked.

"Nope, unless you want me to." Mountain giggled to himself and purred a little. "No, I will not show myself to others. I am surprised that you even saw me. Most cats can't, other than them seeing Pebble and me in that cave or when we were alive." Stickkit looked down at her paws.

"Then how can I see you?" Stickkit asked, and Mountain shrugged.

"Don't know, guess you are just unique, or you are the first cat we saw in about two hundred moons," Mountian said. Stickkit looked up at the old cat.

"How did you live two hundred moons in that cave? It was so small!" Stickkit asked. But before Mountain could respond, a yowl was heard. "What was that?" Stickkit looked up at Mountain.

"Maybe got prey, or the two clans attacking, again. It always happens once a moon." Mountain said calmly while Stickkit tried to process what the old cat said. Then there was another yowl, then hissing, and even more, and they were coming right to them, or camp they could not tell.

"How close are we to camp Mountain?" Stickkit asked the old cat while looking around the forest.

"Right behind this tree," Moutain said, and they slowly made their way into camp. As soon as Stickkit stepped a fox length into camp, Brokenlight ran to Stickkit.

"Stickkit! What in the name of Spritclan were you? Your mother and I were worried sick! The clan was worried sick!" Brokenlight picked up Stickkit and brought her to the nursery. "You will explain to your mother why in the name of Spritclan you were outside of the camp!" Stickkit looked down at her paws when Brokenlight placed her down next to her mother, Smallfur.

"Stickkit, what happened? Where were you?" Smallfur asked, almost shrieking. But before Stickkit could respond, there was another yowl, hissing, and more. Stickkit and Smallfur stepped outside of the nursery. Two cats were hissing at each other, 

"Why are you always following me? Are you mousebrained?" One of the cats said, hissing even more and showing their fangs.

"Well, sorry! I didn't know I was follow-" Before the other cat could answer, the first cat jumped and scratched the other cats' eye. Not before long, fur was flying, and hisses were getting loader.

"Enough! What is wrong with you two?" A cat said; everyone turned their heads towards the voice, and Wiskerstar started walking to two fighting cats. "Shadesight, Scarnose, you two know better than to fight!" Wiskerstar mewed, and the two cats looked down at their paws. Stickkit and Smallfur slowly went back into the nursery.

"Hmm, you clan cats make no sense, but you cats never did." Another at said behind Stickkit, and she looked behind her. "As I said, other cats can't see me," Mountain stated. Stickkit looked around, and it seemed like no one else saw the old cat.

"Where is Pebble?" Stickkit asked Mountain.

"Back in the cave, he is still a learner, too young to go out and do the stuff I do," Mountain responded. Stickkit nodded.

"Stickkit, who are you talking to?" Smallfur asked, and Stickkit jumped in fright.

"Oh, uh, I was just thinking out loud." Stickkit quickly said. Smallfur turned and walked away. It seems as if no one knew she was gone in till Wiskerstar walked up to the meeting place, which was just an old log.

"Let all cats that can hunt, please come to the log for a clan meeting!" Wiskerstars' voice boomed through the camp, and soon every cat was in front of the log. "Shadesight, Scarnose, why in the name of Spritclan you mousebrained cats fight, in camp!" Wiskerstar asked, and the two cats lowered their heads, and the hair on their backs rose. "Not much for talking? That is fine, but I still need to give punishment. You both will clear tics off of the elders, feeding them and giving fresh bedding." Wiskerstar said, and the two cats nodded and started to walk away. "Now, one more thing, Stickkit, stand before me. Slowly Stickkit walked up. She was scared. When Stickkit sat in front of him, Wiskerstar started to speak. "Why did you run out of camp? You could have been eaten by a fox or killed by a badger, maybe even by a hawk!" Wiskerstar mewed.

"I-I am sorry Wiskerstar." Stickkit mewed quietly. Stickkit looked down at her paws in defeat.

"I know you are a young kit, but that does not mean you can do whatever! Now, you must stay near the nursery for a quarter moon." After Wiskerstar said that he hopped off of the log, he spoke again. "Go back to doing what you were doing."

Stickkit walked back to the nursery in defeat. "Come here, Stickkit," Smallfur mewed. When Stickkit got to her, Smallfur started to clean Stickkits pelt, and she didn't fight it, not one bit.

0