Start of a world
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world is just beginning, life forms and constantly changing. The gods looked with fascination at their creation, a massive world of near endless possibilities and territories. The stars constantly rotate around it. Each have the same size, roughly 5 times the size of the planet. One is a blazing star of transparent flame and the other is a world of ocean full of transparent crystal water. Together they forms the cycle of day and night.

As for the world in the center, its situation is chaotic. Countless creatures form under the heavy level of mana originating from the recently born worlds. But not so long enough, the unstable mana reach critical level and starts killing everything on the planet. Totally eradicating all life. Soon, the mana become calm and starts to recede deep into the core of each stars herby forming precious minerals and earthy treasures. Soon another world form deep in its core, another dimension for better term. In this dimension, the mana rest as chaotic life began to form again and this time it's not stopping. This inner dimension will be called as the spirit world by the people of future and the outside is the world of Yal, a word with a special meaning not accessible for common people.

The same thing is happening to the other two worlds, life unique to each other were born out of nature. It won't be soon before they met.

Tired, the gods decided to rest. Each of them picking their own territories. The gods and goddesses of sky, peace, order, and wind created a floating island covered with illusory clouds as their resting place. The gods and goddesses of the sun, fire, dream, nightmare, and authority choose to live a village life deep under the inner world of the blazing world. The group related to hunting, nature, earth, war, crafting, love, and hate decided to pick a rather tall mountain to settle in and live a normal life as they observe the world. Other gods will deadly power such as poison, death, pain, slaughter, and punishment choose to just roam at the watery surface of the moon and create a fishing village there. The gods and goddesses of reward, light, darkness and afterlife decided to just create a kingdom of spirits in the inner world of yal. Everyone decided to live a normal life after the tiring task, occasionally sleeping whenever they can.

As gods were also creatures of life, they also got tired of things. They have so much power that they got tired of it and just decided to live normally and have fun. Even the god of war can get tired of war. Though their number have an obvious lack of other gods, they're just fine with it.

As for the final two gods, they are standing in the center of a huge island. The variety of life here is not that much, only 1 type of tree with stone like bark and a few basic form of insects live here. The trees are not suitable for building a house either.

The two gods themselves doesn't care that much, they're only sitting on a comfortable  stone while the other one is putting his head on the bump on the belly of the other which is a beautiful woman with small black horns and 2 white wings and orange hair.

The man have a head of colors and 2 pair of wings on his back. His foot are not normal either, they resemble deer feet but with sharp claws and azure scale. 

"Hmm they sounds happy" The man gently caress the abdomen of his pregnant wife.

" After everything that happened, we can finally live peacefully " She said affectionately with some melancholy on her eyes.

The man fixed his sitting position and gently hug her and kiss her forehead.

" C'mon, it's alright, no need to remember the sad memories. The past should belong to the past" He said

She didn't reply, instead she just lean over and enjoyed the silence.

These two people are Yen( the woman) and Lily( the man). They are one of the remaining survivors of the ancient god war. Every gods here are a part of the only survivors of their respective worlds. The war caused endless grief and tradigy, many worlds and civilization got destroyed. It's an apocalypse for the gods. After fighting together for like no one knows how long, they become close to each other.

After the war, they decided to finally forget the revenge they have in mind and just settle in in a remote place of the endless void to start a new life like how their fallen families and friends wants them to. They are not the only survivors, definitely not the strongest, but with their bonds, they managed to survive for a very long time.

No one know why and how the war started, but everyone can remember the damaged and changes it caused. The once arrogant gods were now humble existence that doesn't resemble their past egotistical selves.

Reminiscing at the past, the two stayed there for a long time before moving when they noticed it's already night time. They don't feel hungry and definitely doesn't need food, but over the long years they slowly appreciate the flavor of foods when only foods can help them forget the pain from fighting everyday just to survive one more day. They also soon understand the importance of life and creatures they created.

Lily got up and arrived at a nearby tree, placing his hand on it 'it' suddenly bore fruit with sweet fragrant smell. The fruit were plentiful and abundant.

He got some and placed them on a basket he created with his ability before returning. There's only enough for both of them to get their fill. 

" Taste like refined minerals " Yen commented after taking a bite. As gods, they have different view of food, even metal can be considered food for them as long as it tastes like a good mixture of minerals. Of course texture also matter, they don't like minerals that have watery texture.

" Hmm Yeah " Lily only silently nobbed

To be continued 

0