2: Foolish Humans
292 9 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*shhhhhhhh*

*sigh* Curse this feeble mortal shell of mine. Having to drench my unsullied hands because of tiny demons!- thinking so, the girl glared at her reflection.

Her ocean blue eye not obstructed by her messy black hair seemed to possess a peculiar light which quickly faded away as she heard the sound of a door opening. Closing the tap and wiping her hands, Fuyugami Yukino quickly left the washroom with her shoulders hunched and head slightly lowered, not meeting anyone’s gaze and thus practically begging the God of Misunderstandings to intervene in the most hilarious way possible.

Hmph. Were it not for my hair that only the sacred blade can cut through, all these pathetic humans would have been banished into the abyss within my eyes. I curse the gods for sealing me onto this tiny rock plagued by—

*bump*

“uh. foolish human.”

    “eh?”

“hmm?”

Turning her head up, Yukino’s gaze met the person she collided with. He was a boy only slightly taller than her and while he would wholeheartedly refute it, Yukino thought he had a rather cute face due to his soft features before she saw his azure eyes widening in horror for reasons she was completely wrong about.

Oh no! The Reflex Demon caused me to meet his gaze. I have to leave before anyone can pin his death upon me!

 

• • •

 

    “—Foolish human.”

“eh?”

Hearing the girl’s murmur loud and clear, Yukito reflexively leaked out a sound. ‘Foolish human’? Hmm? Why does that— oh shit. Chuunibyou… hahaha

ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! Responding to a chuunibyou means taking part in their roleplay! No matter what you do, they’ll misinterpret you!

 

    “hmm?”

 

!!!- Before he could find a way to escape, he saw the girl’s eye, which in any other situation would cause the girl to misunderstand that Yukito was being sucked into the abyss, yet Yukito simply wondered whether a single eye could hold such an intense gaze. But, before he could say anything, the girl quickly lowered her head and walked past him.

“!!!!! Sorry.”

Nooooo! Argh, dammit! Why did I talk to her?! Why couldn’t I just leave her be after she was already walking away!!! She’s going to start her act now isn’t she—

 

    “sorry.”

 

!!!- Turning around in shock after hearing her faint as wind apology as well, Yukito this time wondered whether a living person’s eye could seem so dead and like before, the girl lowered her gaze and walked away, this time albeit a bit slower before turning around a corner and disappearing from his view.

Thinking about why she had such a look in her eye, Yukito quickly arrived at the conclusion that it was his fault.

 

She… she tried to run after seeing my face didn’t she. I guess my disgust for chuunibyou showed. Well at least I said sorry but… urgh. I guess what that chuunibyou-girl said was right. Humans really are foolish.

Hah. Who would’ve thought that someone like me could relate to what a chuunibyou says.

 

• • •

 

Humans are rather peculiar beings. They sometimes act foolishly over their emotions. Other times clumsily in order to make amends. And most of the time misunderstand each other due to their own process of thought. But it is due to these traits that humans can also form bonds over the briefest of encounters. 

 

Just like these two have.

Hmm? What’s this?

 


 

Misunderstanding!

Yukito’s affection meter – 1% 

He feels miffed about hurting her feelings but was relieved when she accepted his apology and also said sorry for bumping into him.

 

Yukino’s dere meter – 1% 

She was sad that he was scared of her but also happy that he said that his death wasn’t her fault and apologised for making her feel guilty.

 

A/N: Any pointers for me??

11