Chapter 7 – Ability
3.2k 4 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene was left behind, wondering. She understood that she was only a weakness to them. Still being left behind like this hurt quite a bit.

If I could at least walk by myself.

But she still didn't have enough strength to walk more than a few steps, her body was too thin and weak for now.
They said there was this Chakra they used to enforce their body. Even If she had no desire to be a Shinobi for now, maybe knowing how to use Chakra would give her more strength an independence.

This world is a bloody one, without the strength to fight or at least run away I will be nothing more than cannon fodder on the roadside.

She looked at the floor and tried to put her feet on the floor. Her clothing was baggy and felt heavy, but she could do it. On wobbly feet, she stood up, holding herself standing by keeping hold of a bedpost.
Gritting her teeth, she let go and put her food in front of herself, one after another, first the left than the right. After a mere three steps, she was panting and everything hurt. Gritting her teeth, she tried to continue, but instead stumbled and hit the floor. Hitting the floor and breathing harshly she cursed it. Damn weakness.

Don't give up, you are a stand-up kind of girl.

She encouraged herself and tried to stand up again, feeling something warm coming from her stomach.
It flooded her body and she felt if not stronger, at least capable of movement. 

All she needed to do was standing up. She put her feed in position and stood up using the warm feeling in her body to help and strengthen it. She felt like jelly, but it worked, she was standing.

"Is this Chakra, that easy?", She mumbled and walked the few steps back to the bed, far faster than the ones before.
Sitting on the bed, she concentrated on her fingers and let the warmness flood into her hand. Shortly after a bright whitish-blue sheen appeared on her hand. She stared at it for a while and put down her hand, letting it vanish when she heard something crack.

Surprised, she looked at the hand she had just put down. A thin sheet of Ice had formed covering the part where her hand had touched.
"Was that me?"

She raised her hand again and put the warmness into it, and then touched the wood of the bedpost next to her. As soon as her fingers touched it, a fine sheet of Ice formed and spread together with the blue light.

"Ice..." She mumbled and put away her hand, "...but how?" 

If it was Chakra maybe every person had a quick in it like Riki's eyes turning red with black spots inside them, then maybe this was her quirk.

Now that she could walk with it as help. Somehow it still felt like she wasted a lot and hadn't used it efficiently. When Yui, Hiro and Riki used it nothing visible happened.

"Gene." She heard a voice call, and without knowing why she hid her still glowing hand behind her back and sat so that whoever came from the door couldn't see the part of the bed she had frozen. "Ah, I see you are okay. Yui and Hiro are still speaking with those Shinobi."

"Say Riki can I ask you something?", If he answered maybe she could find out more.

"Sure, what do you want to know?" He said and sat down right next to her.

"How does Chakra look?" She asked, wanting to know it that blue stuff was really Chakra.

"It is up to the Individual, but the most common is light blue." He answered her. 

"Can everyone use it?"

"In theory, maybe, but a majority of people don't have the ability to access it, or not enough Chakra to effectively use it. That is the reason why most Shinobi belong to Clans and Shinobi coming from civilian Background are a rare. Especially higher ranked ones."

"Do different Shinobi have quirks like a  unique to them ability?"

"The Clans sometimes, mostly it is a unique Jutsu's. As for unique abilities, the Uchiha have their Sharingan and great aptitude for Fire Ninjutsu for example.", He looked at her unsure if he should continue as she nodded for him to go on, it was interesting. "As Shinobi, you can specialize in three different kinds of Jutsu. The most common are, leaving the others aside. Taijutsu that is used for close combat and using physical martial arts as basis. Ninjutsu that uses elemental spells as a basis, and more uncommon kinds and Genjutsu for the influencing of senses. Every Shinobi after learning basic skills tends to specialize in one of those." He said and stopped for a moment before continuing."When learning Taijutsu you mainly train your body. When learning Ninjutsu you use spells. And with Genjutsu, well you either have the talent or you don't to influence the senses of a person. Every Shinobi has a different Chakra nature water, fire, lightning, wind, earth, yin or yang. In some very rare cases inside of Shinobi Families a special ability manifests like ice, fog, the Uchiha eyes, lava and so on, these are Kekkei Genkai, Bloodline limits."

"You said there are people using Ice for Ninjutsu, who are they?", Her eyes glittered while asking that question. Maybe the body she was currently living in had a Family and a home.

"The Yuki Clan, but they don't exist anymore. There may have been a few survivors but certainly not many. The Yuki were called cursed and accused of treason in Kirigakire. In the end that was what destroyed them."

"Cursed, in how far cursed?", If she truly was a member of the Yuki then being under a curse was definitely not what she wanted.

"Only the girls ever survived to grow old, boys often died early. Much more I don't know."

"Oh."

"Why the sudden interest, Little One?" Riki asked, and she shook her head, it was maybe better to keep some things to herself for now.

"Just because I saw those Shinobi now and..."

I can keep the Ice to myself, just showing him won't do any bad. Hopefully, wait till I am over the border and save or be open about it now. No they are good people and even if it backfires at least I know I won't regret it.

"...because of this." She put the warm feeling into her hand again and had the sheen of blue appear again.
Riki stared at her, and she could literally feel how he fought to keep his cool. "That's Chakra." He muttered, "and for it to appear physically like this. You must have a shitload of it."

Helplessly, Gene couldn't manage more than an awkward smile, hoping for the best.
"Are you sure you are not a spy from the Mist.", He asked with narrowed eyes. 

She shuddered. 

Bad Idea to show him then. She should have just kept her mouth shut.

"I am not.", She answered.

 

"I believe you, for now." He said. 

107