Chapter 9 – Senses and risks
2.8k 3 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro tied several tree trunks together with a rope making a raft and it was quickly decided that Riki would be pulling first. The father away they headed out, the frosty landscape behind them shrunk leaving only little to see from what was the land of waters until it vanished completely behind the horizon. 

Gene hesitatingly touched the icy water, while the others simply tried to stay dry. It was the first time she touched seawater, the first time being at a beach, or even to tie something that big together. From her corner of the raft, she watched how Riki placed one step after another running on the water surface and changed places with Yui after a while. A sheen of light blue that he formed on the soles of his sandals kept him from sinking.

Should I try to, they will notice, but Riki already knows and with him most likely the others. No use hiding something that is already known.

She tried forming a similar sheen on her hand, but instead of a small layer, it literally exploded in her hand.

"Holy, what were you trying to do there?" Yui asked her, looking back at her still shining hand.

"Use Chakra?" She answered. She hadn't intended for it to explode and pulled the Chakra back into her body.

"I see that, but that is a mighty lot of Chakra.", Yui said and looked at her hand.

"I don't know if I am a civilian.",  Gene responded, "I showed Riki yesterday and thought about it. I could be a Shinobi, but I don't know."

"You don't know, how can you not ...", She looked at the water surface stopping, "...Hiro the water is starting to turn suspiciously pink, can you feel anything?"

"No, nothing. Suspiciously so.", Hiro narrowed his eyes looking in the named direction, "The mist Shinobi are no longer pursuing us. I hadn't noticed because I wanted to save chakra for the run. The signatures are almost gone."

"That is good. Still pink water is a bad sign. Are you able to see anything?" Riki asked.

"No. I am not in possession of a Byakugan. My Sensory skills are based on Chakra recognition. I cannot recognize what I do not know, and I can't see what is going on.", Hiro cursed, "If I narrow it down to that precise Zone I could probably tell you more. I'd have to cancel out some other surroundings I am monitoring, tough."

"Do it.", Yui said, "I have a horrible feeling about this."

"Alright, Riki change places with Yui you are almost back in business and continue running please. I am cancelling a bit of what leads towards the land of waters border and widening my net into the other direction in hope of figuring out a little more.", He said, and something seemed to shift around them. Shivers run down Gene's back.

"God's every time you do that it becomes creepier.", Riki complained and continued on running.

"Quit complaining." Hiro answered and concentrated while the water underneath changed into a deeper reddish pink. Hiro was completely fixated on what he was doing.

"The water is changing more and more, and we are supposed to move away from battle." Yui muttered worry marring her voice.

"How does he do it?", Gene asked wanting to distract pointing at Hiro who was still concentrated at something in the far distance.

Yui looked at her, shaking her head, "It's his self-made Jutsu. He doesn't tell anyone how it works, and even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you. Although it does require some insane Chakra control."

"And works better when it is silent around him.", Hiro said turning to them, "I have it pinpointed. I can sense one massive signature and a few smaller ones, it's the current that draws the water to us. I still can't tell you who, but I could swear that I met the bigger one before."

"That narrows it down to a few thousand Shinobi of all Nations.", Yui said sarcastically.

"Stop japping. I could swear ... something this big ... I would never forget that." Hiro muttered. "He, it's male and moving fast, very fast ... similar to Riki in a way ... possibly ... " Silence spread on the raft while Riki continued running. "Riki stop. Just a moment."

He came to a skittering halt and stepped on the raft. They observed Hiro who was silent and had his eyes closed.

"I know. I felt this signature once at the academy a few years back. Riki do you remember that boy you brought there, what was his name?" He turned towards Hiro questioning.

"Shisui, he should be a Genin." Riki sounded a bit wrong. "What, is it him out here?" His voice was a little higher than usual.

"Shisui, that was his name, well he is one mighty..."

"Hiro! shut up!", Riki shouted and started runnning harder and faster than before, "I get us there!"

"What!" Yui said, and Hiro looked at Riki like he lost his wits.

"Are you crazy!?", Hiro asked him and Yui blinked equally startled.

"No I am not, we have to move our asses there. I am Shisui's Uncle. Hell will freeze over before I let anything happen to him."

"That will place our entire Mission at risk! as if taking along the girl wasn't already risky!", Yui shouted back, but Riki glared at her.

"He is my family! Yui, what if it was one of your kids?" He asked her and Yui cursed.

"This is so stupid. The damn mountain of stupidity. We will never get to Konoha like this." She pointed at Hiro. "You lead the way, but try to save as much Chakra as possible. Riki you better not cost us our lives and you little one ..." She stopped a moment. " ... Take this."

Yui handed her a thin leather-bound notebook.

"What is this?" She asked Yui and earned a grunt as Riki started running.

"This is our work.", Riki said while looking in the distance, "two years worth of undercover work. Put it under your clothes. We will throw you out halfway so if we die or get caught they won't get their hands on it. I don't know if I can fully trust you, but I am willing to place my bet on you. If we don't make it, bring it to Konoha, the hidden leave village."

Gene felt as if the book in her hand was suddenly weighting a ton and burning hot.

Who is this Shisui? 

106