Chapter 19 – Chess travels
2.6k 3 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the caravans went towards Konoha the Leader, Shinji, an elderly Male said that they were traveling towards 'the leafs stony faces' 

It was something that had Gene wondering and looking towards Shisui. "The faces of the Konoha Hokage were carved into stone after their deaths. So they may never be forgotten." 

"That sounds like from an action movie." She muttered and earned the, what are you talking about, glance. "Erh, an action movie is a story shown in TV or Cinema that is about some kind of adventure where a lot of things are exploding. Sometimes it's also one man alone against a government, like that." 

"Aha, I have no Idea what you are talking about but sounds strange.", He said, and she grinned awkwardly. Explaining action movies to someone who didn't know what they were was difficult, and she did not know how to. 

"Sorry.", She said, and she waited, "I don't know how to explain it otherwise." 

"It's fine. You can explain it later to me.", He pointed at the other five waiting to start. "First we have to meet the others." 

The first one they met was a young woman in her twenties with black hair and beautiful black eyes. She had rough skin and callused hands, with a bright smile on her face and her daughter in her arms that couldn't be older than four. "Hello, I am Miyo and this is my daughter Tsukiko." She introduced herself and the small girl she carried nodded. She had her mother's beautiful features and coloring, but her dark eyes carried wisdom beyond her age. 

"I am Shisui." He introduced himself and Gene waved her hands as far as she could manage, smiling as well. "I am Genevieve, you can call me Gene." 

"Well I am Haruto, and this is my brother Akira.", The other two introduced themselves. Both boys had brown hair and were lanky. They somehow seemed like two boys coming into themselves and their bodies. 

"Well I am Shin, our little caravan leader and this is my security team. Aoki, Hideo and Touma." He pointed at the three man next to him. All three were tall and looked mean, Touma and Hideo both carried swords with them. Aoki on the contrary had a large bow on him.

"Hi.", Touma said and waved at them while Hideo and Aoki bowed. 

"If anything happens, I want all of you to listen to those three, okay?" Everyone nodded at Shins words in agreement. "Now let's go." 

Everyone climbed into the carriage and sat down. Shisui placed her next to him, keeping his hand at her back. On her other side, Tsukiko sat and was straight as an arrow and extremely elegant.

"Your name is Genevieve?" The girl next to her asked and surprised by the little girls perfect pronunciation carrying a hint of old world accent she nodded. "Right?" The last word was spoken in French and Genes eyes whidened. 

"Right. And you are Tsukiko, right?" 

"Indeed, may I ask if you know chess?" Tsukiko asked her voice like clear cold water. 

"Yes, why are you asking?" She asked the girl that immediately took out a small case from her sleeve. 

"Play with me and the one behind you may too. I am bored." She said and had everyone in the carriage looking at her. 

"Okay.", She felt how Shisui shifted her to have a better view of the board. That was arranged accordingly to how she knew it. 

"Black or white?" 

"White." Gene choose immediately. "What version are we playing?" 

"Crazyhouse if you know it?", She asked and Gene nodded, "alright." moving the first figurine. In front of her, Tsukiko started moving figurines. She said and started playing against each other moving the figures. 

Enjoying the game more and more, Gene got into it. The longer they played against each other the more she had to concentrate and the longer she needed to think after each move. Closing her eyes, she let her King fall. "My loss, you are good.", She said surrendering. 

"You are decent, where did you play single-board crazyhouse chess?" 

"Hospital there is a lot of time when you can't leave it." She answered. 

"I see. Thank you. It's getting late. I should head towards my mother." She said and packed her stuff together. 

Shisui behind her was quiet. She blinked at him. "What is it?" She asked him, and he said nothing, shaking his head. "I have never seen that game before. What was that?" He asked, and she had to laugh. "Chess. A variant that is considered rather difficult." 

"I know Shogi, I think I heard about Chess before, but I never saw anybody play like that." 

"Crazyhouse chess is one of the most difficult to learn, and you need practice for doing it on one board because in some versions you play on two boards." She explained and earned another, I have no clue, look.

"Everyone!" Shinji called from the front. "We are setting camp, it's getting late." 

Shisui and Gene both nodded and moved to the outside. Shortly later, everyone was setting their sleeping places around a small fireplace. Shisui picked up Gene, and he walked a bit further away. The flickering light of the Fire in the distance he sat her down. 

"Now we start with our lessons, okay?" He asked and she nodded. 

"Okay." 

"Follow what my hands are doing." He started to move his hands, and she followed them through. Once, twice on and on until he stopped and nodded at her to continue. 

She moved her hands, slowly at first and then faster following the rhythm. 

"Now, do it while listening to me. Every persons' chakra has a specific nature. Since you use Ice, your nature includes for certain water and wind. We need to test by using Chakra paper. Which we don't have to know more. A body has both Yin orientated Chakra for the spiritual, Yang for the physical. To properly use Chakra, you need balance." He looked at she smiled moving her hands. "Understood." 

"Dinner!" Someone called out from the fire and Shisui lifted Gene. 

"Training will be harsher once you can properly move." 

94