Chapter 27 – The words of an outsider
2.1k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You are not wrong." Kakashi answered and visibly surrendered to Shisui's words.

"Alright, I help." Gene said and  bit into her bread. "But, is it okay if I ask Tsukiko to join in?" 

"Tsukiko, she is even younger than you." Shisui seemed doubting. 

"She is a gambler. I could be wrong but if we truly want to figure out what is going on in Konoha one good place to start is the Konoha gambling dens. The rumor mill. Don't tell me you don't have them." 

Even the hospital had its own gambling pool running and a rumor mill.

"They are Civilians.", Kakashi countered, and Shisui seemed to agree. Rolling her eyes Gene couldn't believe it. 

"Civilians means they can't really use Chakra or are not known to officially use Chakra. Strictly speaking, I am a Civilian too." She told them and none could disagree with her statement. 

"Who is Tsukiko?" Kakashi asked and Gene smiled. 

"She is four, technically, and a gambler, a very good gambler." Gene answered and rose from her place and smiled brightly, raising her fist into the sky. "Let's go tweak a Henge, find Tsukiko and uncover Konoha's dirt secrets." She grabbed Kakashi and Shisui dragging them along. 

"Gene, your Henge is not very good, jet." Shisui said but Gene ignored him. 

[Henge]

A wave of smoke rose into the sky and Shisui started chuckling, and even Kakashi had to fight himself. "What that bad?" She asked, and in front of them was a taller woman with stubbly legs and a large upper body. Her nose was standing out largely from a perfectly round face and small bulging eyes. 

Another puff and a small pouting girl stood in the hallway. "Meanies." She muttered and Shisui shook his head. 

"No, it's fine. I doubt many would get as far as pulling off any humanoid full body transformation after two weeks." He said and Kakashi looked at him as if he had seen a ghost. 

"Two weeks?" He asked slightly of, and Shisui nodded. "Mhh, she started learning how to use her Chakra and how to use Jutsus for little more than two weeks." 

"And she can jump, run, effectively support her body, activate and use Jutsus after two weeks?" Kakashi looked at her as if she had grown a second head. 

"What?" Gene tilted her head, not understanding what Surprised Kakashi that much. "Let's go." 

Giving up on the Henge she and the other two left the compound. "Say." She stopped and looked at Shisui and Kakashi with an award smile. "Where am I most likely to find Tsukiko at this time of the day." 

"She is a four-year-old kid, I'd say, in a hotel bed." Kakashi said. "I mean as strange as a four-year-old Gambler may sound she is a kid no?" 

Both Gene and Shisui who knew Tsukiko had to smile. "Kakashi, Tsukiko is unique." Shisui said and Gene nodded much to Kakashi who seemed unconvinced. 

"Let's go as I know Tsukiko and her Mom this will be interesting." Shisui jumped upwards, closely followed by Gene and Kakashi. Somewhat shaky she ran in the middle balancing her Chakra as Shisui led them somewhere. 

"Shisui are you sure that is the right direction?" Kakashi seemed to be doubting the entire thing more and more. Shisui shrugged his shoulders and jumped down to the street when a crow landed right next to them. He looked at it worried and turned to Gene and Kakashi.

"I have to leave you. I was just summoned." He waved goodbye and so did Gene left behind with Kakashi. 

"Want now?" Kakashi asked her and Gene smiled. "We go to the cheapest and most run do..." 

"Genie!" A pair of slender arms hugged her and Gene found herself in a tight hug."how are you?" She asked her and put her down, pinching her cheeks. "Dear little cutie pie, and who is this little boy." Miyo, Tsukikos mother turned to Kakashi who didn't have three seconds until he found himself in the same warm hug. "Cute little boy." She said and Gene picked up Miyo's grocery. 

"Tsukiko had a haul yesterday?" She asked Miyo who nodded proudly while still hugging Kakashi. "Yes, my clever girl is a brilliant Shogi player. She won against some strange people called Nara and earned all we need for this week." Miyo said and let go of Kakashi who was still somewhat fazed. Taking his hand and stretching out the other and grabbing Gene's free one. 

"Come with me Tsukiko will be very happy she likes playing Chess with you." 

Dragging them along, she happily talked about everything that happened the day prior and proudly told us how Tsukiko made some guys called Nara scream in frustration. Kakashis eyes grew larger with each word and Gene couldn't help herself but start laughing at her behavior until they stood in front of a small inn. 

"Mother, I will not be paying breakfast for some poor fo...oh Genevieve and whoever you are, what brings you here?" Tsukiko seemed visibly surprised by our presence. 

"Let's go in first, I need a favor." Gene said, and Tsukiko nodded, letting them in. "Boss, another two servings!" Tsukiko called out and the boss nodded until she saw Kakashi standing there. 

"Miss I will not be serving a murderer, if he is a guest of yours then I ask you to pack your things and leave." The woman growled pointing at Kakashi who already wanted to retreat. 

Gene slowly felt the anger inside herself growing. Up until now she had kept silent to how Kakashi seemed to be threatened by others, she didn't want to get herself into that kind of trouble right from the bat. The unconcealed hostility, how everyone called him a murderer and the Uchiha him also a thief, he was only what, ten, eleven years old. How could anyone justify or stand by any longer after this kind of verbal abuse, and nothing else it was. 

"Madame." She growled at the woman. "What do people do in war?" 

"Kill our enemies." She answered. With an angry look at a completely frozen Kakashi. 

"Alright Madame. They all kill, that is a Shinobi's Job in wartimes. To insult a Shinobi that makes certain you can peacefully sell your things and life your life by accusing him of murder, why should he fight for you any longer?" 

"What do you know, girl, nothing but a brat!" The woman answered and Gene balled her hands into fists. 

"I was there. I saw what war can do. I saw the people, civilians, women and children lining the streets as burned down husks, for nothing more than tactical purposes." She shouted. "Accusing one of the people who keep you from the same fate. Maybe they should just send you out there yourself!" 

73