Chapter 28 – Tsukiko meets Kakashi
2k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stores Boss woman grimly stared at them before leaving them behind. 

"Mom." Tsukiko stated. "Please pay the woman. We will leave this established immediately and get ourselves something to eat at a food stall." Her voice was harsher than usual and lost every inch of the joviality she usually had. 

"Tsukiko?" Gene was startled but even gentle and soft Miyo seemed in agreement with her daughter acting harshly for once. 

"Genevieve even my Mom knows that every Shinobi is in some way a murderer. In a way it's their damn Job." Tsukiko said and streched out her Hand to Kakashi. "I am Tsukiko no last name, a fellow world comrade and countryman to Genevieve." 

"Kakashi Hatake." He took Tsukiko's hand still somewhat stunned. "A Konoha Shinobi." 

"Sweetheart, I have our grocery we can go." Miyo said picking up her daughter and cuddling her. She wanted to take her Bag but Kakashi was faster and took it from her. 

They left the run down Inn and Tsukiko with a lollipop in her mouth observed Gene with growing curiousity. "So why are you here and not with your very important looking Uchiha friend?"she asked and Gene happy they Tsukiko came right to the point she hadn't known how to started.

"I need someone who knows how and where to find what is wrong inside the Village." 

"Information purely or actual proof?" (Tsukiko)

"Information but proof would be even better." (Gene) 

"Proofs are always better is it because of what Emeraude said during the Aoki thing?" (Tsukiko)

"I am not certain. But yeah I guess it especially that about the Sharingan." (Gene) 

"I know where we have to start." Tsukiko showed a confident smile and a grumbling stomach. "But first I need to eat something." 

"Where do we start according to you?" Kakashi asked her doubtingly and Tsukiko showed a sly smile. "Whore House." She said full of confidence. "No one talks like a drunk guy plastered against a half naked woman in a nice Ambiente. A woman that lives from the man she can seduce is resourceful. I am speaking from experience." 

Speaking from experience. By now I seriously need to figure out just what and who Tsukiko was. 

"Dear daughter mine I have something against you going into a whorehouse." Miyo objected hugging her tighter than ever. "You are far to cute." 

"Mom, I need air." Tsukiko said sweetly and her mother lessened the death grip. "Aside that I am four. No one will expect something from me and they have a gambling backroom." 

"Oh, so you go there for the money?" Miyo was honestly puzzled while Tsukiko stoked her mother's hair. "Yeah Mom, we need to save some together for an appartment before they expell me again. The cute and innocent act only get's me that far." 

"Okay. But promise to be careful." Miyo sat down on a bank and closed her eyes. "I love you to much for loosing you." 

"Mhh, I will mom. How about you get us some of those tasty looking sweets over there. I am sure our gentleman here will pay." She pointed at the silent Kakashi who was immediately hugged and thanked for being so nice. Kakashi who was faced with a happy Miyo and a sly grin from Tsukiko couldn't even muster the courage to refuse. 

"May I ask something Miss Tsukiko?" Kakashi was extremely polite as if he was not entirely comfortable. 

"Sure." 

"What happened to your Mother?" He asked and Tsukiko stilled her eyes narrowing on him. 

"You noticed. Well I cannot blame you." Her voice was deep and sharp as razor knifes. "My Mom raised me in the Slums and she did whatever was necessary. It broke her, every time she had a man to accomodate for the leftovers we ate a little more . At some point it was to much and she broke, not completly but well enough. She is still hanging on for me but I fear what will happen once she is convinced I am not only self sufficient but also old enough to survive without her."

"I understand. I had no right to intrude." He bowed his head and Tsukiko shook hers. 

"No. You had the right. We will be doing something where we will have to rely on your skill and for that we are a Team. Knowing my weakness is something you should do as a good Shinobi. I am a stranger, someone to not immediately trust, after all." Tsukiko out her lollipop back into her moth and hummed. "That aside I expect to be allowed to temporarily stay at your place for security reasons." 

"Oh did you finish discussing complicated things?" Miyo asked and handed out the treats to everyone. 

"Yeah Mom and Kakashi agreed to let us stay over at his place." Tsukiko seemed to have completely switched gears when talking to her mother. Kakashi and Gene remained sitting while the two of them threw sweet words at each other.

"Gene. I think I understand what you meant by her being unusual. I have never seen anyone this young and wary of betrayal at the same time." He said and had a strange smile in his eyes. " Although I will take great pleasure in making that brat's life at my place uncomfortable."

"So she can stay?" Gene had to smile. For all that mattered Kakashi seemed to like Tsukiko and her Mother. 

"Indeed, her mother is... to vulnerable to... leave her alone. Not helping Miyo-san would be like kicking a puppy, making it uncomfortable for your friend is more like playing with a feral cat."

Tsukiko smiled at them and said with a honey dripping child like voice. "Kakashi-nii-san we need to prepare a few things." She blinked with her eyes. "And eighter you or Shisui pay." 

66