Chapter 33 – Kakashi – How to crash a meeting, in style
1.7k 1 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kakashi knew he had to hurry. Storming as fast as his feed carried him he almost blurred on his way to the Hokages office in the knowledge he may as well sign his official retreat after this was over. Ignoring everything else he sped up even more. 

Tsukiko, the menace in person, was holding on tightly to his back, using the sleeves of her Kimono as a security by tying them together, so she wouldn't fall off. It occurred to him again just how intelligent she was for a four-year-old girl, even If she felt so much older. The way of speaking, holding herself, how she haggled with the shopkeepers, her taste and everything in her behavior spoke of age, old age. 

When she had seen what was happening she had been cool, professional and calculated. She had noticed the rage in Gene and immediately reacted to it in the knowledge of not possessing authority and strength to stop her. The way she had given orders, it had sounded as if it came from Minato-sensei, and he had followed them like an automaton. Shisui who like him followed her words to a T didn't know why either. 

She had that thing, the kind of thing only someone who had been to the most cruel of battlefields over and over, this detachment from it all. He was aware that many old Shinobi carried it too, the detachment for their own sake. 

The Hokages office in view he came to a skittering halt and opened the window, crashing right into a meeting between the Shikaku-san, Minato-sensei and the Hokage. 

"We need reinforcements, now!" Kakashi shouted and let a protesting Tsukiko fall to the floor. "Gene and Shiusi are facing off Danzo and need help!" 

"Shisui and who are fighting Danzo?" Minato-sensei asked surprised. 

"They are doing what ?" Hiruzen-sama was completely stunned by the news. 

"Genevieve, she is called Genevieve, one of might want to learn how to pronounce that properly. Except Shisui none of you is even pronouncing the nickname correctly." Tsukiko interrupted any further questioning. She was still sitting on the floor watching her slightly damaged sleeves. "Damn, this was brand new." She muttered. 

"And you are?" The Hokages asked together with Minato in sincronity while Shikaku Nara-san, a honored member of the Nara was visibly shaking in anger.

"Tsukiko no last name, friend of Gene's, and I am applying for his Job, later on, while I am at it." She pointed at Shikaku-san. "Can't remember his name, but he sucks at Shogi." 

What is she talking about?

"He is Shikaku Nara, the Nara have a thing for excelling at Shogi. It is hard to believe he lost to someone your age." Minato said and Kakashi who was also there was slowly petrifying by her rude behaviour. 

"Well, I lost to her." Behind them the Shikaku-san said and Tsukiko grinned. 

"Yeps you did, miserably so too, and now I am getting your Job. This will be my application Hokage-sama. But first we need some more muscle to help Genevieve and Shisui." She stood up and made a formal bow, her eyes glittering, and her voice cooling. 

"I am certain you will find yourself enlightened by the reason why they are fighting Danzo. Could we hurry now." She looked around and focused on Minato-sensei. "You Blondie, are you the yellow flash? If you are take me with you and that fast." 

"Ehm." 

"Don't ehm." She grabbed his sleeve and dragged him after her. "Move!" 

Kakashi was certain it was mainly his shock that had Minato-sensei moving with Tsukiko who muttered an angry "I planned this to happen a bit more elegantly." 

Hiruzen-sama instead seemed to have caught himself a bit faster than Shikaku-san. "Go along. Kakashi I want to know about this later, extensively." 

"See blondie, little boy, come on we need to help little princess and her knight." 

Minato moved picking her up and Kakashi needed a moment  to recover from his statue like state. 

This girl is totally nuts, and I am not a little boy I am older than her, damn it.

"I am older than four, don't you dare call me little boy! Tsukiko!" He shouted hurrying after her. 

I hate this job.

59