Chapter 36 – The place we belong (II)
1.8k 1 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes." Gene wanted to jump and run around but kept herself calmly standing still. 

"We are more or less convinced you are not a Kiri spy. Your Kekkei Genkai makes you special, and we have also decided that for your own sake you are to keep it secret. You can stay, like Tsukiko in any Konoha Clan you decide on." 

"I'll stay with the Uchiha." She blurted out and every of the adults smiled shaking their head. 

"We already guessed that. Now listen on. You will be made special Shinobi similar to Tsukiko and like her have the possibility to be enrolled into the Academy without prior Tests. Your rights as Special Shinobi allow you access to whatever information we have about the Yuki-Clan as well as in cases of emergency use your Kekkei Genkai, discreetly, for your own sake." 

"So I can stay, I can go to school and I can make Konoha my home?" Gene asked of confirmation and couldn't believe it. Every person in the room nodded at her question, telling her, Yes, you can. Something heavy fell from her heart, and suddenly tears run down her face. She wiped them away and laughed, jumping around, forgetting all the Pain in her muscles. "I have a home, I can go to school like a normal person." She fell around Shisuis neck and hugged him. "You know, Konoha is now my home and I can go to school, make actual real life friends, can you believe it." 

"Yeah, sounds great." Shisui said and stoked her head while she smiled like an Idiot. This was the first time she would be going to school. The first time she would be doing something like any normal person, meet other people, get friends, be normal, and hell she was excited. 

"I can't understand why you are so happy about it. I would have preferred his Job, but I have have what I wanted. Anyway, it looks like Mom and I are going to stick to you for a while, Kakashi-nii-san." Tsukiko said behind her, and Kakashi vanished with an annoying huff. "And don't forget to by some rice for dinner! Mom asked!"

Gene smirked before remembering something important. "I need clothes and money." She said and looked at the Hokage slightly awkward. "Can I have a Job too?" She asked and the three man who looked at her like she was a ghost. "I can't just have Shisui, Kakashi or anyone else always pay for my stuff." 

"You will receive a monthly stipend." Minato-san said and looked at Tsukiko,"You will stay with the Hatake?"

"Yeah, annoying Kakashi is fun and my Mother likes it there." She stood up and grinned before making her way to the door. "Our enrollment in the academy is soon and preferable I guess, Monday, right. Oh, and can someone tell me how to go down properly and not by window express?" 

"Turn Left straight ahead, down the stairs, it's a bit dusty, no one ever uses it. The window is the standard entrance." The Hokage answered dryly and Tsukiko jumped up to reach the doorknob and left the room shutting it with her foot. 

Gene was picked up by Shisui again, and they left through the window. He jumped down and placed her on the floor, bringing out a small bag full of money. "Let's go shopping.", he said and patted her head, "You can pay me back later, but if you will be entering the Academy you need clothes, weapons, equipment, school books and stuff." 

"Okay.", she stormed after him and forgot everything else in her excitement of being able to go to school make real friends. "I know a really good Ramen store around, it's called Ichiraku Ramen, she told him, and he nodded as they passed through the vendors who screamed whatever they were offering out. People were everywhere and the scent of street food, spices and sweets were floating around. 

Shisui brought her from one small corner store to another. He was always greeted nicely, and it seemed a regular costumer, especially the weapons store, was a place where Gene listened for hours to his explanations about materials, uses and the quality of craftsmanship. He also knew more about sewing and cuts than she ever expected, fitting the colors and pieces together with an expert hand. Sometimes she wanted to say something but couldn't since he was having so much fun haggling and picking out pieces, it was damn cute. She wasn't certain what she should think about finding a thirteen-year-old who was a solider, in some ways a killer by profession cute, after all her body may be six, but her mind was far older.

By the way what is going to happen to Danzo now and the Kids, I almost forgot about it because I was so happy to have a normal life. 

"Shisui what happens to Danzo and the children we found now?" She asked him while eating a few freshly made candies from the nearby stall.

"Danzo is put on a closed trial. As for the children, they receive medical care and be distributed along with their abilities in between the Clans. It is hoped one day be able to return to their families, then they get the choice between a leading a civilian Life or like you and Tsukiko can enroll into the Shinobi Academy." (Shisui)

"Mhh, what kind of judgement will Danzo receive?" (Gene)

"He will lose his position and most likely will be placed under house arrest with a guard around." (Shisui)

"That is all? He destroyed god knows how many lives." (Gene)

"He is, was an esteemed elder of this Village, his crimes cannot be made public, and we can't simply put him in a cell since we have to keep it secret, so he will just receive a mysterious illness and has to step down receiving care from a well-placed Shinobi." (Shisui)

55