Chapter 37 – First day at the Academy
1.6k 0 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later.

The Academy was quite imposing and she was nervous. Jumping from one food to another while Tsukiko next to her was calmness in person with her small backpack. 

"So this is the Academy?" Tsukiko observed sharply and Gene nodded. 

"Aren't you excited to be here?" She asked Tsukiko who shrug her shoulders. "Not really." Tsukiko answered. "I changed school quite often back in the day, it's just another educational facility. We are both in class 1A." 

"1A sounds exciting...good." Gene ran forward and dragged Tsukiko after her who was far less excited. 

Both dressed in brand-new Shinobi clothes and after entering, Gene slipped nervously closer to Tsukiko. "All these kids are bigger than us..." She muttered. 

"Mhh. I am the youngest in the entire Academy and you are not far of. Class 1A over there." Tsukiko pointed at the sign above them. She approached the door opened it boldly and stepped inside the classroom.

Almost immediately everyone inside was silent. The other kids were looking at them with suspicion. Tsukiko ignored them and took Gene with her who followed obediently. They approached the first row and Tsukiko wanted to sit down when the third in the row glared at them. "It's occupied." He said Gene was surprised, it didn't look like it. 

Oh, or he is unhappy beacuse we entered through the backdoor.

Tsukiko and Gene looked around and saw that most of the people present were mustering them with a certain coldness. The only exception was a black eyed, black-haired boy a bit older than Tsukiko. He was the calmness in person immovable and almost in the last row with two empty spots next to him. 

"Tsukiko up there." She said and pointed to him. Together they walked up and Gene politely asked, "hello...ehm can we sit here?" 

The boy looked at them and nodded. "Go ahead." He said and Gene say down with Tsukiko next to her as the teacher entered. The teacher looked through the class and smiled at them. 

"Hello everyone." The teacher looked around and saw the two of them. "Ah I see the two of you already found a place to sit. Everyone. Those two up there are our new Students. Tsukiko and Genevi... I am sorry I don't know how to pronounce your Name." 

"Genevieve, Genevieve Bernaude, but call me Gene everyone calls me that." She said and smiled in return. 

"Well Gene then. Everyone please be nice to them, their late entrance is connected to unusual circumstances." She said strictly looking around in the class which was deathly silent. "Good let us start with our lessons today. Open the books at page 34." 

Gene opened her book and with her feet dangling above the floor looked at what they were learning. Tsukiko meanwhile was putting two books above each other, laid down yawning and closed her eyes. "Wake me up when there is actually something interesting going on." She muttered. 

Gene smiled and looked ahead, basic math, nothing she didn't know. It was very much grade school stuff, but she still listened. The teacher gave them a few exercises and Gene handled them in seconds finishing far ahead the other students. The boy next to them looked at her Textbook and smiled. "You are good, will your friend be alright?" He asked whispering and Gene grinned. "She had three times my brains, she will be fine with whatever you throw her way. I am Gene, you?" 

"Itachi, nice to meet you." He introduced himself and looked behind her. She wondered a moment but then snickered. "The teacher is behind us right?" Itachi nodded and looked at a peacefully sleeping Tsukiko. 

"Miss Tsukiko." The teacher bowed down and smacked the back of Tsukiko's head. Tsukiko turned to her and blinked, still half asleep. "Could you please enlighten the Class about the solution up there?" 

Tsukiko looked at the board and signed before standing up and walking to the board. She took the chalk and put the solution up. "Here is this okay? Can I continue sleeping now?" 

The teachers' eyebrow twitched and she smiled. "When you solve the other problem as well." 

"Which problem, the one on the board over there?" Tsukiko pointed at the wall and Gene looked there too. Math had never been her strength, but she recognized the problem, Pythagoras is she wasn't wrong. 

"If you can, go ahead, when you solve that I can have you sleep whenever you want during Mathematics lessons." The Teacher said and Tsukiko nodded. Shortly later she stopped and looked up at Gene "Gene may I, or do you want to solve it?" She asked and Gene shrug her shoulders. Just go ahead. "Thanks." A few minutes later she had the solution up and went back to her place putting the chalk into the stunned Teachers hand. 

With a last look she mustered the other people in class. "We skipped the entrance test for a reason." She told them. "If any of you have complaints in terms of our academical qualifications, do better." She patted her books and dozed off again. 

The silence in class was speaking for itself as the teacher proceeded while ignoring Tsukiko. Gene felt awkward now and continued listening. Itachi who sat next to her tilted his head. "Are you this capable in practical Ninjutsu to?" He asked and Gene shook her head. "No, we are behind, both of us. I have a lot of chakra but am bad at managing it. Tsukiko has very little, she isn't even certain if it is usable." She answered his question. "We are both in a way civilians, despite the fact that we are staying in Shinobi Clans." She answered him. 

"Are you my cousins, Shisui's, little Princess?" Itachi asked surprised and Gene nodded, "mmh...possibly, but I am curious, what is the rumor mill sayi..." 

"I understand that you little Girl are far ahead in terms of knowledge, but please do not distract my best Student." The teacher said from below and glared at Tsukiko who was peacefully sleeping while almost drooling on her books. 

63