II Chapter 5 – Shisui – No more than sleeping prey
1k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Relieved that Gene was safe, he hugged her even tighter. She was still too small for her age but had reasonably put on weight. 

Her eyes, lacking their pupils, glowing bright blue and with a determination that would have made most people feel frightened, looked directly at hin while stating Words she was far too young for. It wasn't the first time he saw her eyes do this, in the dark they always glowed a little but never this intense, only when she was agitated they burned with blue glittering flames. 

"I know, but I worry regardless." He told her, and he did. What she did, had done, was dangerous. Without a weapon, backup or anything else, she pursued a potentially dangerous person. If that person had noticed how easily she could break most Genjutsu.
He shuddered at the mere thought of what could have happened. 

"Nothing happened Shisui. I am a lucky girl, do you have something to draw?" She asked. "I'd like to make a sketch of how that guy looked." 

"Sure, I put on the light, and you can go ahead." He said but she shook her head. 

"I don't need the light, the one coming from the moon is enough, I just need paper and a pen." She said, and Shisui nodded, taking out the pan end paper from the scribe. Seconds later, she made a quick sketch. "Do you have orange?" She asked him and opened the drawer. She spotted it pretty quickly and put it on the mask. "The mask was orange." She said. " Bright orange and swirling." 

She finished it and gave it to Shisui. "That is how he looked." She said, and he saw, very little on the drawing but a dark gray figure. 

"I cannot see colored at night, Gene." He said and put the drawing on the table. Looking at her, a calm silence spread around, and he suddenly noticed just how penetrating it was. Not even the leaves were rustling. 

"Can you hear something?" He asked and Gene shook her head. "No I hear nothing, this was what woke me up in the first place, it was too silent." 

Once they stopped speaking, the oppressive silence spread again. No wind, not a single sound utterly nothing was going on. 

"This is spooky." Gene said, and Shisui did not find it in himself to deny it. It was strange and spooky was not a wrong description. 

Activating his Sharingan he looked around and handed Gene a Kunai. 

"Not necessary." She muttered and pulled out an old, worn down Kunai from her clothes. It had been sharpened one time to often and the grip was wrapped in old leather. 

"You still use that?" He asked her and she nodded. This had been her very first weapon, the Kunai Yui had given her back in the day. It was thinner now because she overused it, he remembered. 

"I don't like saying it but are we maybe trapped in a Genjutsu?" She threw into the room and Shisui shook his head. He had difficulty to imagine it, a Genjutsu this large in a Clan that specialized on it was ridiculous.  Stepping outside his room still in his nightgown  he knocked at the door next to him, Itachis place. Nothing, there was no reaction. Normally Itachi was a light sleeper and would open the door at his knocking. 

"Go inside." Gene muttered and touched the door, absorbing the small Chakra shock that came with a secured door. Opening it she wanted to step inside. Shisuis grabbed her and shoved her behind him, stepping inside. It was dark and all he saw was Itachi sleeping on his futon. Strange, Itachi should have noticed them. The small Chakra explosion at the door alarming him. 

He stepped forward and did a chakra sweep in his surroundings. Everyone was in their beds. As a matter of fact this was stranger than someone being awake, there was always someone awake at the compound. A quick look outside and he let out a sharp hiss. 

"The guards are asleep as well."

"Why are we awake then?" She answered shocked.

"I don't know, maybe because Genjutsu has trouble working on you, and I was well, listening my new CD, if it's sound based. Can you wake him?"

Gene shook him and also pinched Itachi, with a few hand signs she made a water ball and had it drop smack on his face, but he didn't move. He was fast asleep and didn't even make a protesting sound. That explained everything Shisui needed to know. This was a Genjustsu, there was no way Itachi, or anyone, wouldn't wake up being hit by a water ball in the middle of the night. 

"Then it is indeed a Genjustu, but it seem to mean no harm just put's us asleep, we cannot do anything right now. That Person is already gone. There is no use hunting anymore, not without backup. I report tomorrow morning first thing you go to school, do as if nothing happened, someone with the Skill to break into the Uchiha compound and put the entire clan in a Genjutsu has the means to check up on us and as long as we don't know anything about him, we are simply prey delivered on a silver platter."

41