Chapter 5 – Family with child
3.4k 2 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Village they were talking about tuned out to be only a few hours of running away for her Rescuers. 
The speed which they ran at astonished her. When she asked what kind of enchantment they were using, they looked at her as if she was an alien. 

No enchantment used, they said they were using something called Chakra to amplify their speed and strength. She knew the word Chakra from the India reportage she saw once in TV. But she guessed strongly it was not the same thing they were talking about. Nevertheless, after a small shopping spree from Hiro they had all they needed to make her look like a thin, a bit sickly, small boy. It worked like a charm. A big hat to cover her lack of hair and a few layers of cloth later, she looked like a small, wrapped up like an onion, child. Yui picked her up and nodded as if satisfied by something.

"Now at least you have the weight a real child. Now who wants to be the father of our little boy?" She asked and Riki stepped back leaving Hiro the field. 

"She has paler skin and looks closer to Hiro than to me. Less tweaking of a good Henge." Riki said.
"Mhh you are probably right. Takes less energy and is more difficult to figure out right, Uncle Riki?" Hiro teased him.

Hiro mocked him a bit with the uncle, but Gene felt strange with the entire situation. They seemed so relaxed. Despite the urgency and importance of success, they were so calm, it seemed unreal.

How can they be so calm?

They prepared their things and ran the last part of the way before slowing down. Approaching the village from a moderate distance they walked the last bit.

Carrying her Yui and the others entered the village under many suspicious eyes and Yui approached one of the villagers handing over Gene to Hiro. 

"Excuse me is there any inn close by?", She asked and was brushed of by them. 

"How friendly." Hiro muttered and looked at Riki shrugging his shoulders. Right now they could stay here for a while. It gave them the opportunity to shake off their pursuers. Otherwise they had to do it by running and picking up more speed. 

"I hope we find something, no need to run the entire way like a madman and steal us a ship." Riki muttered as he saw Yui getting ignored the third time. 

"Up until now it doesn't look like we can achieve that dear.", Yui said and smiled sadly fully acting her role. 

"Seems so, let us look around, maybe we find a place at least for tonight." Hiro hugged Gene closer and placed her, so he could hold her up with one arm while wrapping the other around Yui's waist. 

Holding on silently to Hiros clothes she felt very awkward under the glances of everyone else. But knew she had to play her role and help. 

A child asks questions.

"Papa, can we sleep in a bed tonight?", She asked innocently and played the tired little child, "I want to, and it is really cold outside at night." 

Riki took her from Hiro and smiled brightly, hugging her closer to him. "Sure we find something. Don't you know your Favorite Uncle always finds everything." He said pinching her nose. 

She smiled as bright as she could at him while Yui and Hiro acted like very worried parents for their child's safety. 

"You can come with me.", An old man said coming out of the group, "the others are afraid of strangers, but I am old, and I do not think you are bad people. If anything happens to me, I can only attest it to my own stupidity." 

"Truly thank you." Yui bowed very politely, "we have been on the road for days and our little Gene is not handling it well." 

"I can see that. He is really thin.", the old man looked at her and pinched her bony cheek, "To thin for being healthy." 

Hiro shook his head in worry, "We know, he is very ill, and we are rather desperate. They say in the Land of Fire there is a Shinobi who could maybe do something for him, but alas..." He shrugged his shoulders, "we probably just don't want to give up." 

The old man nodded in understanding as he led them through the village. "Most Shinobi are selfish they keep to their own kind, but I can understand your determination to try." 

"There are sometimes nicer Shinobi, we can just hope. It's all we have left." Yui said and let a few tears steames down her face, "I just want my little one healthy." 

Hiro took her into his arms and whispered something to her. Gene was still in Riki's arms looking at the old man and he at her. 

"You have curious eyes, little boy." The old man said, "clever ones with that light still inside them that makes youth." 

"T-thank you Grandpa.", She said and smiled at him, "Mommy and Daddy say there is a person that can make me jump around and fight as strong as if I were a reeeeal Shinobi." 

"Hahaha, that's a goal I'd say. Then I wait for you to become a mighty, strong man." He stoked her head and she smiled continuing pretending to be the Age she looked like. 

More like a strong, healthy girl 

Riki smiled as well, it seems tonight would be spent in a proper bed. 

111